Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65639 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #525 on: 14-01-2018, 17:01:15 »
Ive always agreed with no hit indicators and no dynamic spotting enemy positions/movements. Id rather have minimap markers for sqdleads/command or something similar to it.

Would be nice really. :)

Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 16-01-2018, 14:01:54 »
Mobile assets should use BF1942's style repair pads in the main base if anything to avoid the sillyness on the battlefield.

I actually like that idea! Instead of allowing mobile assets, especially the heavy armour, to continue to attack without too much consequence, it forces a different decision to be made. Retreat from battle to the main base for repairs or to continue the attack, possibly be destroyed, and wait for the respawn.

I think so too, this would be nice to add to the game, although it might take away from the immersion of FH2.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 16-01-2018, 17:01:40 »
Mobile assets should use BF1942's style repair pads in the main base if anything to avoid the sillyness on the battlefield.

I actually like that idea! Instead of allowing mobile assets, especially the heavy armour, to continue to attack without too much consequence, it forces a different decision to be made. Retreat from battle to the main base for repairs or to continue the attack, possibly be destroyed, and wait for the respawn.

I think so too, this would be nice to add to the game, although it might take away from the immersion of FH2.
Yes, because running behind a tank with a wrench adds a ton of immersion  ;)

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 16-01-2018, 18:01:46 »

Yes, because running behind a tank with a wrench adds a ton of immersion  ;)

XD

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 21-01-2018, 13:01:26 »
I wonder if the devs could add the Turan or Toldi tanks, they have been used on late eastern front.
even though they would be helpless against t34s, I would like to have them as a little gadget.

So would it be added even if it has such a big disadvantage? Or is the balancing too important for that?
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 21-01-2018, 15:01:04 »
Balancing of the tanks wouldn't matter, FH2 balances via map design.  The problem you'd face is that there is no Hungarian army in FH2, and no real resources to make it, much less the maps for it.

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 21-01-2018, 16:01:17 »
Well, on the africa maps for example there are italian tanks or planes even if the italian army itself is not represented.

I don´t really know, but I think the hungarian army didn´t have equipment that would make them unique in fh2, or at least not enough to make a whole faction of.
If they had I would like to be proven otherwise

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 21-01-2018, 17:01:38 »
The Italian Army is represented and made.  The Hungarian is not.  Their uniforms, weapons, gear, etc, are all unique to the Hungarians.  The closest thing they have to anything FH2 has is their helmet, but even that would have to be modified as it was not exactly the same as the German helmets.  Plus you'd have to make Hungarian voices, which in of itself would be a challenge without any suitable voice actors.

There did, in fact, use to be work on a mini-mod by a few individuals for the Hungarian military, but that dried up and died.  I have no idea if the assets are even around anymore, and they never really moved far beyond tank models and a few weapons.  Point is, the FH2 dev team is small and only has a few active devs at any one point.  We cannot really create a brand new entire faction out of thin air- the dev team needs to work with the assets it has on hand.
« Last Edit: 21-01-2018, 17:01:13 by VonMudra »

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 21-01-2018, 18:01:57 »
The Italian Army is represented and made.  The Hungarian is not.  Their uniforms, weapons, gear, etc, are all unique to the Hungarians.  The closest thing they have to anything FH2 has is their helmet, but even that would have to be modified as it was not exactly the same as the German helmets.  Plus you'd have to make Hungarian voices, which in of itself would be a challenge without any suitable voice actors.

There did, in fact, use to be work on a mini-mod by a few individuals for the Hungarian military, but that dried up and died.  I have no idea if the assets are even around anymore, and they never really moved far beyond tank models and a few weapons.  Point is, the FH2 dev team is small and only has a few active devs at any one point.  We cannot really create a brand new entire faction out of thin air- the dev team needs to work with the assets it has on hand.

I know that the hungarian army would have to be made by someone. I know that especially voices are impossible to make without fitting voice actors. And I know that the developpers don´t have much time.

I did not ask for the whole hungarian army because I knew the developpers dont have time to spare.
I just asked for 1 or 2 tanks, and if the balancing would be a problem. Nothing more.

If I thought the devs had loads of time I could suggest completely different things like early war things, but the devs are making the late eastern front and working on maps for that, and THERE a toldi or turan or something like that could fit.

And if I suggested to add the whole hungarian army, it would not be a minor suggestion;)
« Last Edit: 21-01-2018, 18:01:36 by SadCamelion »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 21-01-2018, 19:01:34 »
Without getting into whether it is worth the dev's time or not, I think it's rather a good idea. Put a Hungarian tank or two on a map, and you have at least some representation of the Hungarian presence without  actually having to make playermodels. The Italian tanks on Gazala is a good example.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 22-01-2018, 20:01:02 »

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 27-01-2018, 19:01:27 »
Has there been a discussion about limiting squad leaders to the SL kit?

In the current state, on most maps, there is no reason to take the SL kit over the recon kit for example.
They both have an equal load-out for the most part, with the recon kit having an edge due to the AP-mines. The SL kit gets more bandages, but the average "time alive" is so low that the additional SL bandages are practically never used. Additional smoke grenades are the only other reason why the SL might be preferred, but is there a map where the SL kit has more smoke grenades than the recon kit? I think there's one map where the SL gets smoke grenades, but the recon class not (think it's Ramelle). Am I imagining this and if not can someone confirm which map that is? Edit: Yes, it's Ramelle; there are no recon kits on there.

I've also seen discussions about removing the SL spawn. Is it technically possible to enable SL spawning only on people that use the SL kit? That would give us a reason to actually use the SL kit. On top of that it would mitigate the "problem" where people rotate in a squad when the SL dies, to spawn on someone else.
Assuming that's technically possible and there aren't any side-effects, would it make sense? Or would such a change be too complicated and over-engineered compared to the current FH2 gameplay?
« Last Edit: 28-01-2018, 09:01:41 by justasug »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 28-01-2018, 16:01:40 »
I mean, I'd argue that the SL kits almost always giving SMGs, and being one of the only ways to get SMGs, is a major factor.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 28-01-2018, 20:01:15 »
Well yeah, but smgs imo are a pretty situational item.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 29-01-2018, 02:01:56 »
Aye, but TBH, as SL you really should be focusing on leading/positioning/smoke nades, and only engaging the enemy in assualt or if they get close, so SMG is fine for them.