Author Topic: Personnal Modification of Watchtower soundmod  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
Personnal Modification of Watchtower soundmod
« on: 05-02-2012, 00:02:11 »
Hello and welcome to this topic!

First of all, i used Watchtower sound mod and it's really amazing.

But, when I watched FH1 movies, I realized that I wanted to have some rifle's sound changed anyway.

So I used Band of Brothers soundmod for Call of Duty, Day of Defeat and Explosives' sound from Brothers in Arms game.

Here are new sounds used:

M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, MG42(3p, no 1p changed), .30cal (1p and 3p), K98 (1p and 3p)

Whizby, Impacts, Ricochets ...

Mortar and grenade explosions.

(Note: I will upload a gameplay video on Meuse River 1944)

Sounds not working (looping issue):

Bar 1918, M1A1 Thompson.

Ok, now questions:

-How can I solve looping issue?

-How can I hear more bullet-crack, bullet-fly? Because, I think I hear:

1-Explosion (Bass) and Heartbeating (explosion nearby/shock)
2-Rifles...
3-Whizby, Ricochets, bullet-crack ...

Thank You, and see you soon for a gameplay video.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Re: Personnal Modification of Watchtower soundmod
« Reply #1 on: 05-02-2012, 01:02:46 »
  Look forward to hearing your youtubes...
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Watchtower1001

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-02-2012, 06:02:58 »
Hey Collins,

I remembered what you said in game and checked for ya, looks like I found ya.

Your looping issue is being caused by something called a cue point.

Battlefield 2 uses cue points to determine where to loop the audio for gunfire so that it is properly synced with the weapons scripts or coding based on it's rate of fire.

As you can see here in Cool Edit Pro v2.1 I have highlighted in red the cue points added for the BAR_fast_3p.wav sound.  A cue point is inserted at 0:00.10 to ensure proper looping. 

How is this determined?

The cue point's position is determined by the cycle rate of the weapon.  In this case, the BAR is 600rpm giving us a cycle rate of 0.10.  That means, ever 0.10 seconds, the weapon fires.  The weapon's cycle rate is determined by the following formula:

60 (seconds in a minute) / 600 (rounds-per-minute) = 0.10 (cycle rate)

The Thompson in FH2 has a rate of fire of 625rpm, so we'd go 60 / 625 = 0.096

This formula can be used for all automatic weapons in FH2, including Flak Guns & AA cannons, but not necessarily.   The best way to find out is using an audio editor that can see these cue points so you can look at the original sound files (found in objects_weapons_client.zip) to find out. Single shot rifles, pistols, etc. do not use cue points.

Adding a cue point is generally easy and in some cases is just a matter of right-clicking in the wav form at the proper time, or, selecting/highlighting a portion of the wave-form and using loop tools.  Cue points can also be called a 'loop' so look for loop or cue tools in your audio editor.  Your first point is always 0:00.00 and your last point is the cycle rate of the weapon. 

I believe Goldwave ( a free program online www.goldwave.com) has the cue point feature.  Cool Edit Pro was eventually bought by Adobe and is now called Adobe Audition, which may still contain the cue-point features.

Good luck, glad you like the sounds and enjoy audio editing ^_^
« Last Edit: 05-02-2012, 06:02:50 by Watchtower1001 »
"762 Admin"
"Watchtower's Fh2 2.45 Sound Conversion - http://tinyurl.com/WatchySoundMod"

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-02-2012, 10:02:58 »
distribution of ripped content from other games is not allowed on this forum, so keep your mod chat to private messages if you want to send bunch of CoD and BiA games to eachother, or use MSN or something.

download links to ripped content will result in deletion of such posts and a formal warning. Ban is the next step.

Fixed it for youz. 8)
« Last Edit: 05-02-2012, 11:02:06 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-02-2012, 14:02:12 »
Thank you WATCHTOWER!

Uhm Natty, I'm not stealing Cod and BIA sounds! I've got those games, and have downloaded sound mods. Modders allowed me to use it, so I don't understand where is the problem...

I will NOT upload/ share my modification because, it supposed to be use in private.

Note: I'm uploading Meuse River 1944 gameplay on Daylimotion, it's pretty long!
Note2: There it is: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xod91v_fh2son
« Last Edit: 05-02-2012, 17:02:31 by Sgt.Collins »