Author Topic: FH2.4 First Immpressions  (Read 24339 times)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: FH2.4 First Immpressions
« Reply #75 on: 16-07-2011, 10:07:34 »
@THeTA0123,

your bias towards 'axis imbalanced superiority' stopped to be funny some time ago. I was there on hslan, played all maps on both sides as SL and wins/losses were quite even. I've seen that Bastogne, Vossenack, Eppel, Meuse were won by allies, only hurgen takes time to get used to (tobruk syndrome). It's all a matter of teams so stop your false impressions do the talking - get your facts straight man.

I admit that on some maps axis/allied tank quality to numbers ratio may be in fovour to axis but this balance cound't be done during pre release testing - the public will have to deal with this. Small map tweaks will come in later but it's not that allies will get steamrolled no matter what.

@Watchtower1001,

"Classic game play mistake 101"? Everyone is entitled to his opinion but when you start with usurpatory expertise then you cross the line. Nothing puts me off more than a wise guy setting his own preferences in stone and calling it "rules". The change you refer to (slower movement speed) is there for a valid reason. A lot of devs felt, along with a big chunk of playerbase (which did post it on forums/ingame chat - just before you ask), that infantry action is too hectic and chaotic - this had to be changed and IMHO it went very well.

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 16-07-2011, 10:07:37 »
Awesome new version, like most have already said, much more immersion and awesome distant sound effects.

Was holding north on Hurtgen and could just hear the MG42's giving it to the yanks down south... :D

Waiting to try out new plane physics etc

I think this is the best patch so far.

Biiviz

« Reply #77 on: 16-07-2011, 11:07:17 »

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 16-07-2011, 12:07:35 »
No one using the new OFFICIAL AWARDS SIGNATURES?? Surprising!!

Also, I wonder why 762 wont start running official awards. Are they afraid people who have earned their gold medals will stop playing there if they do?

The what? Ah... nope, maybe ;)

I knew it. And yes, probably.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 16-07-2011, 12:07:24 »
It feels so damn like a new game, just perfect! The Infantry combat is awesome. Haven't testet tanking much. It is difficult, but I am sure after some time you will be able to handle it.

But there is one thing, which was missing this mod since the ever first appearing of a Sherman in this mod. The Sherman now has its correct and totally accurate death animantion  ;D . I love the flying turret, it always makes me lol and remembering some bad tiger tank propaganda fotage. Best thing in the whole mod!  ;D

Offline mallow234

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 16-07-2011, 12:07:17 »
Download faster you Goddamn Client!!!
*cries*

Offline RedBullBF2

• ~WW~Wattwürmer
    • View Profile
    • www.wattwuermer.org
« Reply #81 on: 16-07-2011, 12:07:10 »
its really a new Game!

I cannot believe at all that is the still BF2. One could sell the play flatly for money.

Offline Wyrdstone

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 16-07-2011, 12:07:00 »
So far I thought everything was great!
Huge improvement since last patch. I love the fact the battle seems so much more dangerous now. Explosions and the sounds are so nice!

Also I love how tank combat isn't so decided on the first shot.
I play as Dansolo online. I am also a FHT player.
You will often see me typing questions/crap/exclamations/obscenities.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 16-07-2011, 13:07:35 »
I would totally wear my awards signature if I existed.
What name do you use for BF2?

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 16-07-2011, 13:07:25 »
mine is missing also... I played on the American servers.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 16-07-2011, 13:07:31 »
remember that not all the server use stat ! (they need to registred to use the stats)

check the list to know:
http://awards.fh2.ifihada.com/servers

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 16-07-2011, 13:07:46 »
Another thing I dislike and that escaped me yesterday is the map switch times... It takes ages to switch to a new map! I don't seem to remember that from 2.3... And sometimes I can get ingame even though the round has already ended.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 16-07-2011, 13:07:50 »
remember that not all the server use stat ! (they need to registred to use the stats)

check the list to know:
http://awards.fh2.ifihada.com/servers

they are on the list but listed as 0 games played, which isn't right :(

Offline Frotz

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 16-07-2011, 13:07:34 »
I love the new patch, haven't used any tanks or planes yet though, infantry has been too awesome.

Played 10 rounds and from what I saw the new maps are awesome in looks and gameplay.

Played one round on each map as both teams.
Meuse River: First round in 2.4, the german team stomped the allies into the ground IIRC we had around 300 tickets left when the round ended.
As american later on we managed to lose, but the german team only had 70 tickets left.

Eppeldorf: This is a hard one for the germans, won overwhelmingly as american, for some reason the germans never got the idea that the area north of hill is mined. Good times defending the hill.
Lost as german by 150ish tickets, seems to me the germans need to focus on capping the town.

Vossenack: Lost as german, but not by too many tickets, main reason was that the back flags got captured and nobody seemed to care to recap, then the pushes towards Hof and Oberdorf got surrounded and exterminated.
Won it as american by 150 tickets or so.

Hurtgen Forrest:
Won as american, hard but possible. Won as german, but that's because the americans only pushed one of the flanks or so.

Bastonge: won as germans, after a hard start, my squad went for Wardin, everyone else went north. about 15-20 minutes in we managed to drive the americans out, thankfully some guys came south to help us out. Then we pushed west, finally into bastonge and it was soon over.
Pretty sure we won as americans, never actually saw the end, but when I went off the germans hadn't pushed past Wardin, and they only had 150 tickets left to the allies 400+ IIRC

I think with time we'll see that the maps are well balanced. Only map that I felt was hard to win was Eppeldorf for germans, but more teamwork will fix that.

On a side note, I would really like to see some of the africa maps now and of course some of the normandy ones but they won't be in the rotation for a while.

Offline M36 90mm GMC

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 16-07-2011, 13:07:36 »
So I am just going to throw this out there. With the new tank damage modelling I don't think that just 76mm Shermans, Hellcats and M10s are going to be adequate against Panthers and King Tigers on most of these new maps. We are going to need more M36s on all maps instead of just on Meuse in order to keep the balance of power equal. But this is just my opinion.