Author Topic: Exams  (Read 705 times)

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
Exams
« on: 27-01-2012, 09:01:32 »
For me its the time of year again, exam period!
I need to hand in like 4-5 essays and make 6 or 7 tests for university (social studies).
Been working at the essays for 2 weeks now and my learning has just started (i started late as usual and the stress level in my class is at like 8.5/10)
I was wondering who is in the same boat atm, just finished it or are close. And what are you studying?
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: Exams
« Reply #1 on: 27-01-2012, 10:01:20 »
Had the exams for my autumn term modules in the second week of January.  Only had 4: Solid State Physics I, Stars from Birth to Death, Device Physics, and Quantum Mechanics II.  Of those, I thought the first was reasonably good considering it was the one I thought I'd fail, the second and last were pretty fine, and everyone who took it is expecting to fail the third.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-01-2012, 11:01:37 »
next week Im having my first exams in Geography.
on the 1st of Feb I have "Physiogeography I " its about atmopsheres, weather, water(in all forms) a little CO2, biosphere.
on 8th I have the 2nd Part, which is about plate tectonic, geology, all about earth and such stuff.
end of feb is my first humangeography exam -

That makes 3/5 exam this term, which is rather good, as the 4th is hardcore and boring and the 5th is useless atm.

Im concentrating on passing the two Physiogeo exams to get into the proseminar next term

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-01-2012, 11:01:14 »
Only got 4 Exams this semester, it is German Law, SPSS Statistics, R Statistics and an introduction course about political systems that i missed when i started studying. Besides, two more presentations and three papers..Hoping to make my Bachelor degree next semester, weee!

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-01-2012, 11:01:18 »
Mopskind, what are you studying? That sounds uncannily like what I do: Public Policy and Administration.
My first exam is in two weeks, closely followed by three more the week after.
They're introduction to administrative science, organisational studies, political system of Germany and empirical research methods. Not overly complicated, but lots of stuff to learn and to remember. My last exams were three years ago in school, though... o0
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27-01-2012, 11:01:01 »
I'm down to 2 exams, had 5 already: economics, french historical texts, dutch historical texts, anthropology, History of the middle ages. Still to come: History of Greece and Rome and Historical method. Already had to hand in two papers for searching skills.
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27-01-2012, 13:01:24 »
Mopskind, what are you studying? That sounds uncannily like what I do: Public Policy and Administration.
My first exam is in two weeks, closely followed by three more the week after.
They're introduction to administrative science, organisational studies, political system of Germany and empirical research methods. Not overly complicated, but lots of stuff to learn and to remember. My last exams were three years ago in school, though... o0

Political Science and law as minor subject in Bamberg. Oh and don't think university exams are like school ones. In school we had to actually think a lot more, in university it is just memorising huge fuckloads of "facts" that you puke out at the exam and forget afterwards...Don't make the mistake to master an exam just by trying to be smart;)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-01-2012, 14:01:50 »
I scheduled almost all my presentations earlier in the semester, so i have only one left. Other than that I need to write two papers of about 15 pages each and I have to write two exams. One presentation I gt to do a week later cause when i showed up on campus it was being evacuated due to WW2 50kg bomb :D the campus is build on the ruins of the old Henschel factory.
« Last Edit: 27-01-2012, 14:01:28 by Ts4EVER »

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27-01-2012, 16:01:29 »

Political Science and law as minor subject in Bamberg. Oh and don't think university exams are like school ones. In school we had to actually think a lot more, in university it is just memorising huge fuckloads of "facts" that you puke out at the exam and forget afterwards...Don't make the mistake to master an exam just by trying to be smart;)

Yea... psychology test. No no no no thinking for me. Just write down exactly what the book says and youll get your grade. Jeez took me forever to reproduce the 300 pages  :'(. and its only getting more..and more...and..moree..and..o shit holiday..and..aaaaa moree...
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #9 on: 27-01-2012, 16:01:26 »
Only one exam! Ha! A small writing exam for English that I didn't do months ago, only found out about it now..

But I do have 3 projects to finish. One week left. Luckily I have a talent for typing bullshit so that's 2 projects finished this weekend. And then I need to edit 10 small videos, shouldn't be that hard. After that I can finally decide what I want to do, a soloproject!

I was thinking about doing an animation about a historical subject.. Should be cool.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Turkletoon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27-01-2012, 19:01:34 »
I have one big essay to do during this semester. I'm supposed to write about the differences in motion capture animation and key frame animation, the different stiles. I was thinking about doing a short animated film where I have realistic animated parts done with motion capture, and a more cartoon stile animation part using key frame animating. And I would use it as an reference in the essay, but sadly I don't think I'll have the time for it. Have to put a lot of time into the show reel course I'm going now. To get a good polished show reel done before graduation.

Then out into the scary world of film studios...