Author Topic: Purple Heart Lane 64  (Read 14437 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Purple Heart Lane 64
« on: 09-09-2009, 20:09:16 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline el Garstico

• View Profile
Re: Purple Heart Lane 64
« Reply #1 on: 12-09-2009, 17:09:39 »
not a good idea to put sandbags on barrels.
Signature is too large.

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
« Reply #2 on: 14-09-2009, 22:09:37 »
Do we really need to have the under-handed paths on the eastern side? I mean they're so cheap and depend mostly on the player's, no matter which side, knowledge of the map to really exploit it rather than skill in the not-so-literal field in this instance. I realize that this map can be almost insurmountable but relying on a path which can bring allies to the most important flag out of the first three or be camped by a mortar detracts from the map in my view.
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-09-2009, 22:09:15 »

Most likely those barrels are full of sand.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-09-2009, 18:09:30 »

Most likely those barrels are full of sand.

He's talking about how you can see through the sandbags if you look underneath them.  But I guess that would happen if you place the sandbags on top of anything, not just the barrels (the barrels are most obvious because they are not flush with the bottom of the sandbags, so you can see it easier).

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-09-2009, 20:09:39 »
Ever heard of sarcasm? ;)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-09-2009, 22:09:09 »
Ever heard of sarcasm? ;)

Not in text, no.  I have a very hard time discerning sarcasm in text unless someone adds a smiley or some other obvious depiction that they are just kidding.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-09-2009, 21:09:29 »
so what about do the squirrel dance?

Edit: 2e r
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Natty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-09-2009, 22:09:43 »
Do we really need to have the under-handed paths on the eastern side? I mean they're so cheap and depend mostly on the player's, no matter which side, knowledge of the map to really exploit it rather than skill in the not-so-literal field in this instance. I realize that this map can be almost insurmountable but relying on a path which can bring allies to the most important flag out of the first three or be camped by a mortar detracts from the map in my view.

do you mean where you can slip through the out of bonds on the other side of the hedges?.. They were missed in testing and will be fixed for sure.

sandbags on barrels are OK, as barrels are sandfilled.. that bug with see-through bottom is not ok and will be corrected though.

thanks  :)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01-10-2009, 10:10:45 »
This map is awesome and very tactical, but I think it can be very frustrating for noobs who don't know the flanking routes or that you can take the first three flags in no particular order. I think 75% of all "I got shot all round without seeing one enemy" type comments can be traced back to this map  ;)

Anyway I like it.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01-10-2009, 11:10:34 »
Yeah. Even a lousy infantry player like me can get a good amount of kills by playing as Germans and choosing a good spot along a canal where you can shoot the unsuspecting swimmers. What, first three flags taken? Fear not, there are plenty of those who do not realize that running across the field while the Lafette says BRAAAP BRAAAP might not be such a good idea.

Seriously, even a n00b player should realize to try something different (a different route, hand grenades, smoke, follow your teammates, anything) when he's shot the third time in a row in the exactly same place ;D

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-10-2009, 08:10:39 »

do you mean where you can slip through the out of bonds on the other side of the hedges?.. They were missed in testing and will be fixed for sure.

sandbags on barrels are OK, as barrels are sandfilled.. that bug with see-through bottom is not ok and will be corrected though.

thanks  :)

No dont fix that, makes me feel so Sneaky with uber ninja habilities..

Yeah, fix it please :D

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-10-2009, 22:10:57 »
Don't you just hate it when you get a noob team as German? Sometimes I feel I am the only one guarding the eastern flank.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-10-2009, 22:10:41 »
Don't you just hate it when you get a noob team as German? Sometimes I feel I am the only one guarding the eastern flank.
Oh my yes... Me with a Beretta and Ciupita in the 88 defending the eastern flank was actually pretty epic. The other 30 guys were sitting in the middle of the causeway. Then the Ami's flanked from the right and bridge № 4 fell.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16-12-2009, 15:12:52 »
I don't get it why Germans get bleed in the end when they got only 2 flags. Germans lose so commonly because of that, also it would be much more fun to fight in the town. Now Germans need to counter-attack and there wont be any fighting in town plus Germans got bleed so its unbalanced as well.

It should be "last stand" as Germans don't stand a chance if they try to attack(if both teams are as good) plus it would be much more fun to fight in the town. So sad that the town is hardly in any use  :(.

In my opinion it would work much better that way.