Author Topic: FH pet hates.  (Read 11159 times)

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
Re: FH pet hates.
« Reply #105 on: 13-09-2009, 01:09:11 »
How every weapon sounds better in FH1 with the FHSW sound patch, except my beloved Bren.

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 14-09-2009, 14:09:15 »
People Grenade Spamming

People Who Bail Out Of Tanks And Not Letting You Get A Proper Kill (noobs)

Riflemen Who Fire From The Hip Even If You Fire At Them With A SMG + You Still Die!

People Who Spawn Rape 1 Flag And Camping It Till The End Of The Game!

People That Steal Your Tank As You Are Looking For Enemy Targets Or Enemy Tanks!.
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline LionRock

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 14-09-2009, 22:09:57 »
People who don't talk over VoIP, especially in TEAMWORK squads.  Sometimes I feel like I'm a crazy person talking to myself.  So I usually stop talking, thus hurting the "Teamwork" even more...

True but there's also another view on this. I use voip but don't really answer to everything squad leader or someone else says. and keep my chatting pretty minimum. I think it's best to keep the chatter down when in combat 'cause there's so many times I or someone else had something important to say but that's impossible 'cause few guys in squad are talking about weapon statistics, sports or about other games etc.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 14-09-2009, 22:09:12 »
People who don't talk over VoIP, especially in TEAMWORK squads.  Sometimes I feel like I'm a crazy person talking to myself.  So I usually stop talking, thus hurting the "Teamwork" even more...

True but there's also another view on this. I use voip but don't really answer to everything squad leader or someone else says. and keep my chatting pretty minimum. I think it's best to keep the chatter down when in combat 'cause there's so many times I or someone else had something important to say but that's impossible 'cause few guys in squad are talking about weapon statistics, sports or about other games etc.
I do the same when it comes to talking but I still talk a lot of people have squads named VOIP/Teamwork and never say anything which is iritating

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 15-09-2009, 00:09:59 »
Again, people, PLEASE repair tanks when people request repairs. God dammit. You have a wrench for a reason. One of those reasons is to keep the fucking Sherman Jumbo up so when a King Tiger rolls by you don't have to die 50 times before hitting it with enough bazooka rounds.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 15-09-2009, 00:09:01 »
Again, people, PLEASE repair tanks when people request repairs. God dammit. You have a wrench for a reason. One of those reasons is to keep the fucking Sherman Jumbo up so when a King Tiger rolls by you don't have to die 50 times before hitting it with enough bazooka rounds.
indeed!

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 15-09-2009, 01:09:58 »
I really wonder what goes through peoples minds sometimes.

Yeah, that shooting the enemy and they don't die shit gets to me sometimes. I know you're all probably sick of hearing it from me (and truthfully I just realized yesterday that 99% of my posts here are about lag or some whiny shit, so I apologize) but last night on Market Garden, I had my Thompson and a German was clearly afk right in front of me. I held the mouse button down for a 2-second burst of maybe 10 shots, just as a plane flew over me. When that happens, I literally don't get fps. As soon as a plane shows up on my minimap, it's like time traveling to 10 seconds in the future. When all was said and done, because of the dog fight going on, I (at about 10 feet away from this German) had used up THREE clips and gotten TWO hits. Finally I gave in and knifed him but come on.

A few more things happened to me on Nordwind last night. First of all, I grab the Sherman Jumbo (spawned as engineer). Took it and hid it in the trees on the east side of the map. The good thing about that position is that you get a great flanking shot on any tank/truck/apc that mindlessly decides to charge the back flags, but the con is any anti-tank german inf spawning at the 3rd flag, their natural direction of sneaking through the forest will bring them to you and you have to be extremely careful and look through the trees very often for sneaky fausters.

Anyway, I (more through the Jumbo being awesome than my own skill, truthfully) am there for about 10  minutes. The first three flags have fallen, and we (allies) are content to just try and hold out at the final two flags. Our arty is firing constantly, sniper in the church, etc. A panzer IV comes rolling out of the woods. First shot hits him, lights him up. Second shot blows him up. Imediately following that I knock a StuG out in one shot. No tanks for a few minutes, but I manage to machine-gun down two inf that were sneaking through the forest. Then the Tiger appears, and I take it out in two flank shots. Three more inf (one I know for sure had a faust) fall victim to me, when a Jagdpanther appears. I take it out with two shots, and then have a round bounce off the front of my tank. Searching frantically, I realize that the amazing defenders of our flag have allowed an enemy to get into one of our Shermans that spawn there. So I take him out. Then I have another round bounce off the front, and I take out a second stug, along with TWO hanomags. Unfortunately, in my haste to destroy the stug I hear the clank of a satchel. I gun it and fly out of my hiding place and into the battle. I turn the turret around and kill the inf behind me, and request repairs frantically (down to half health). I then take out a third Stug head on, at a quarter health.

'NEED REPAIRS! NEED REPAIRS!'

I check our spawn screen and see we have FOUR engineers BESIDES MYSELF, all within 200 feet of me, and NOTHING. I drive the tank as far away from the tree line as I can, and bail to repair myself, still requesting repairs. I see a comrade WITH A CARBINE run past me and into the forest. Just then, I'm hit by OUR OWN ARTILLERY.

As if that wasn't bad enough, earlier on in the round I had seen a teammate with a bazooka at the 2nd flag trade his zook for an STG44 WHILE A TIGER WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Guess he wanted omg pwnz some noobz.

True fact - anyone with a wrench that doesn't use it should be kicked for a week. It should be perfectly acceptable to teamkill morons that are only interested in their own score.

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 15-09-2009, 06:09:19 »
People Who Spawn Rape 1 Flag And Camping It Till The End Of The Game!
It's even worse when it's on your own team. They don't even help you! Especially on Goodwood whenever some noob takes the King Tiger or a Panther or something out to camp the little northern flags when the bottom ones are being taken.

Also annoying, whenever I'm at Pointe du Hoc these days as an American, there are always guys taking the ropes away as soon as you are about to reach the top. Pisses me off to no end, especially as they aren't recognized as teamkilling.

Offline trakpin

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 15-09-2009, 19:09:48 »
planes bombing my tank, and the PzVI Tiger1 E having a slow turret rotation. i can turn L/R in place faster than the turret rotates. oh, and ppl who steal my tank while i'm repairing it

Offline NoCoolOnesLeft

• Allied Bias
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 15-09-2009, 19:09:05 »
Over the past week and a half I've grown a great hatred of that *&^%?$! teamswitch.

Especially when, out of a round of 500-plus tickets, it decides to switch you on the remaining 50.

All that work to win and help your team down the bastard pan. Massive gamer rage.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #115 on: 15-09-2009, 19:09:20 »
I hate tank theft. Grand Theft Tank on Totalize is horrible. I finally get a Tiger, take some hits and retreat behind a hill. I start repairing and somebody starts running towards the tank, I know what hes up to so I quickly enter the tank everytime they get close. They never got the tank but this is still very annoying, you know your out of range of enemy fire but your still paranoia and have to watch your minimap while repairing..
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline trakpin

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 15-09-2009, 19:09:06 »
Over the past week and a half I've grown a great hatred of that *&^%?$! teamswitch.

yeah, that's another one, especially before i get in the game >:(

Offline NoCoolOnesLeft

• Allied Bias
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 15-09-2009, 20:09:34 »
I hate tank theft. Grand Theft Tank on Totalize is horrible. I finally get a Tiger, take some hits and retreat behind a hill. I start repairing and somebody starts running towards the tank, I know what hes up to so I quickly enter the tank everytime they get close. They never got the tank but this is still very annoying, you know your out of range of enemy fire but your still paranoia and have to watch your minimap while repairing..

I call it Grant Syndrome.

Just because you're using the 37mm, someone comes along and seems to think you're not interested in driving it.

...So they take off in the opposite direction to what you're firing at and get you killed.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #118 on: 15-09-2009, 20:09:18 »

I call it Grant Syndrome.

Just because you're using the 37mm, someone comes along and seems to think you're not interested in driving it.

...So they take off in the opposite direction to what you're firing at and get you killed.
Exactly!! Just because you don't want the entire fortress exposed you have to drive away :P
Solution with tanks is man them with 2 people..
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline NoCoolOnesLeft

• Allied Bias
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 15-09-2009, 20:09:50 »
One person taking off on in a Jeep or Kubel at the start of a round without any passengers, getting killed immediately after in a vein attempt to cap a flag on their own - giving the opposing team a new ride in the process.

Oh I could go on.