Author Topic: Vossenack 64  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Vossenack 64
« on: 16-07-2011, 22:07:37 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Re: Vossenack 64
« Reply #1 on: 01-08-2011, 01:08:19 »
Usually, this map la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lags and stutters like nothing I've ever seen. I assume I have beefy enough PC so that can't be the reason, and sometimes, it does run quite smoothly. Several players complain of this, at the same time some players can be lagging and some not. The lag is usually the worst in the round start, but sometimes persists throughout the round.

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #2 on: 01-08-2011, 21:08:00 »
do you mean yesterday on hslan?

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-08-2011, 01:08:04 »
Yesterday, the day before yesterday, the day before that... and yes, I have played almost exclusively on hslan apart from a couple of 128 rounds and the GN.

If it's a serverside problem, then why does it affect only some clients?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-08-2011, 13:08:37 »
I experienced rubber-banding on the French server (French community?) as well...

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27-11-2011, 12:11:42 »
Is there any historical reason or something along these lines that the Germans have G43 ZF as sniper?
I think the map doesnt fit the G43 ZF. At least the two G43 ZF spawning at the bas should be replaced with K98 ZF.
I know of quite a lot of sniper positions where the G43 ZF becomes pretty useless, because it just lacks the range.

The G43 ZF at church is allright, because in a city its superior to the K89.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27-11-2011, 13:11:47 »
G43 has the same calibre as the K98k as well as the same zoom, so the smaller range is in your head I'm afraid ;)

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-11-2011, 17:11:37 »
I am pretty sure the G43 has much less zoom than the K89 one!? Where can we look it up?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27-11-2011, 18:11:44 »
Come to think of it, you might be right. I think K98k ZF might be 6x and G43 ZF 4x

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-02-2012, 11:02:25 »
Allright to sum up my criticism about the map.

Again about the sniper rifles:
G43 ZF at church: Its the right rifle for city fight. The spawn point could be relocated (on the middel of the street!?) - for example in the chruch as usual, or to make difference in some house near the capzone (not to far north so allies cant steal it when the round starts, because most of the time the attack from north.

G43 ZF at the base: On G43 is alright. Replace the other on with a K89 ZF. As I said above, many parts of the map are far to open for the G43 ZF  (since you are shooting on far distance)
An other point for at least one K89 ZF is that the Allies have a sniper rifle with a bigger zoom than the Germans - makes sniper duels quite imbalanced.

Btw yes I checked it: G43 ZF and K98 ZF have differnt zooms K89 ZF is way superior on hgher ranges. And the higher firing rate of the G43 ZF cant compensate it, because many targets you cant possibly hit with its zoom (No not a noob sniper talking look at 762 ranking)

Come to think of it, you might be right. I think K98k ZF might be 6x and G43 ZF 4x

My next pickup related topic are the Faust kits. Love the new way of mapdesign, lots of ammo boxes and usefull pickup kits (not like the ones on Afrika maps).

There are two Faust kits in the German base, which are used quite scraecly, maybe at the beginning of the round. Yes maybe sometimes someone will spawn in the base and get himself a Faustkit and then drive of with on of the Kübels. But two Faustkits are just unessecary.
Therefore I suggest to plase one of those Faustkits at Oberdorf (I am quite sure there is non today)
It would help the Germans to fight the tanks AND help the Allies, because they would of course get a Bazzoka to help fighting the German big cats when thereare already near there base.

The other big issue: Backcapping.
Okay I am not going to wirte a ton about giving the map a pushcode, but I still think it would be the best solution, having Unterdorf/Oberdorf getting capped when the front line is far away just makes no sence. The (infantry) feeling of the map is a steady fight for the next farm and this is just broken by the current backcapping - of both sides!
But is the devs dont want to change it atleast help stopping the symptoms. Less Küblewagen/Jeeps
right now there are two Kübels at the German base -unnessecary in my opinion. Dont know about the Jeep. Reduce them to one on each side, maybe replace one by a truck.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-03-2012, 09:03:55 »
I hope this map has been fixed, as it had a lot of lag problems. Haven't played this after release  :(

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13-06-2012, 05:06:07 »
 Played 762 a few times & have not experienced any lag.

However i would like to see a Vosseneck-Revisited version with more flags.

8)

Offline kettcar

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-06-2012, 01:06:10 »
we have some lag problems month ago on hslan, after restart the server the problems are gone.
more flags?  ;D
« Last Edit: 19-06-2012, 01:06:58 by kettcar »

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19-06-2012, 20:06:42 »
we have some lag problems month ago on hslan, after restart the server the problems are gone.
What? Vossenack hasn't been on maplist at all during 2012, how did you play it on hslan month ago  ???

Offline kettcar

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14-07-2012, 00:07:52 »
i was talking with the hslan SA about