Author Topic: Tali 32  (Read 608 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Tali 32
« on: 15-05-2020, 17:05:58 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: Tali 32
« Reply #1 on: 17-06-2020, 17:06:41 »
I played few times this 32 map and I think that it cant really work as itended. As I notice finns get lot of stugs from beggining and whole 32 map is designed as finland counterattack.  People then said ingame to me that it is because I was often killed as SL and they coudnt spawn forvard but its not that as when I was alive we still couldnt get the flag... So

Problem: Finns stuck at first flag. They are supported with lot of stugs but it is really small area for them to navigate and be effective. Plus only one road that is always clogged... plus that road has steep hills next to the road making stugs useless to fire on sides. Soviet infantry easily take out all stugs before t34 even arrive. If stugs go around road its imposible for them as area is filled with crates , trees , hills and rocks. So if finland infantry is even little noobish it cant do shit to hidden soviets. Then why soviets have arty this early into battle and on 32 version map? Basically one soviet spot can cover almost whole area around first flag for arty .. Also finns always need to spawn all way back where stugs spawn and cant get fast enough in battle. Other note is also that soviet side always get this map like they are ones supposed to attack and not finns and as soon as Finns capture first flag soviet imideatly rush to take it

My proposed solution:
1) Remove soviet arty until Finns capture first flag. Then lock first flag for whole battle so soviets cant take it back and then spawn arty for soviet for rest of the battle. With this soviets will stay on defense and not immediately counterattack on first flag like they always do and map could be played as itended (finnland counterattack). And finnland stugs would be able to get to the open fields or dominating hills and be in good use.
2) Put some forward spawnplaces for finland. As I notice good place for them would be behind bushes near that little river/creek just before exit of finland main and hills on other side. Soviets cant even get to that place or fire on it and you can place one spawnpoint behind bushes on both sides of road for easier finnland inf to advance

I just want to give feedback what I find frustating on that 32 map and lot of other people as I coud notice. It just wasnt fun for anyone because that flag was suposed to be quickly taken by finns with their massive tank support but it is too huge bottleneck. I also saw t34 lot of times just arrive on top of hill overlooking road from side and taking all stugs as they cant normally rotate on that road to fire. Then when they use arty and commander arty too,it just stop whole battle. I hope you can see problem on whole as I think its problem and this version is played often.. :)

EDIT: sry for long text  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 03-07-2020, 13:07:59 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-07-2020, 14:07:58 »
2.57 Changelog

32 player version:
- Increased spawntime of all the T-34 M43s to 90 seconds.
- Added one Finnish M30 artillery and removed one Russian M30.
- Removed commander arty for both teams.

Offline NUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-11-2020, 13:11:15 »
The feedback of Ivancic hits the nail on the head. Main problem is soviet arty and uselessness of Finn's stugs at first flag. For squadleaders it is almost impossible to stay alive for a longer period in the woods. With a few spotters on soviet side, arty will always find them. For stug drivers it is pure hell: They are under immense pressure. Infantry can sneak up without problem from the woods. Artillery is constantly firing on them, forcing them to keep moving. And while they are moving they become an easy target for soviet tankers.

Ivancic made some good suggestions how to solve the problem. As an alternative here are my suggestions:

-Remove heavy artillery completely, as it is too dominant on this map
-if removing is no option at least limit the range of soviet arty so it can only reach the second flag
-Soviets get an isu when they loose all flags. Why dont finns get one at the beginning?
-Also finns get better tanks once they take control of the third line. I don't get the logic behind this. At this point the stugs would totally do their jobs. WHy not give those tanks  (kv-1, t-34, maybe even isu) to finns at the beginning, when they really need them?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-11-2020, 13:11:17 »

-Remove heavy artillery completely, as it is too dominant on this map
-if removing is no option at least limit the range of soviet arty so it can only reach the second flag
-Soviets get an isu when they loose all flags. Why dont finns get one at the beginning?
-Also finns get better tanks once they take control of the third line. I don't get the logic behind this. At this point the stugs would totally do their jobs. WHy not give those tanks  (kv-1, t-34, maybe even isu) to finns at the beginning, when they really need them?

There are several changes coming in the next patch, but I'll go through your points here:

- Not going to remove the artillery entirely. Both the commander artillery and one soviet cannon were removed in a previous version.
- I cant really limit the range of the artillery, its not feasible.
- Finnish ISU-152 wasnt involved in the battle, so they dont get one.
- The "better" tanks arrive in later stage due to historical reasons. By the time the battle moves to the point when they spawn, it is depicting the time of the battle when they arrived to assist in real life.

Thanks for the feedback.