Author Topic: Need opinions on some rockstar games  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
Need opinions on some rockstar games
« on: 14-04-2011, 18:04:21 »
Hullo,
I was checking youtube and i found 2 interesting rockstar games:
-Red dead redemption- from the video looks quite awesome, but eh.. just for PS3 and xbox. Although heard, that maybe PC version might be in future. Any of you guys played it? It is worth getting?

-L.A. Noire- seems quite nice, like Mafia 2, but properly done and from the good side  :D, its said to be released primarily just for PS3, then for xbox.......

Seems like Rockstar ignores PC gamers,.. time to save money on RO2.

(btw, if this thread is too small it can be merged with some main gaming topic)

« Last Edit: 14-04-2011, 18:04:10 by Graf_Radetzky(CZ) »

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
Re: Need opinions on some rockstar games
« Reply #1 on: 14-04-2011, 18:04:21 »
Well, Red Dead Redemption is awesome, the multiplayer too :D. But in solo, if you don't do the missions you get bored kindda fast, well, if you like hunting you might like playing the solo without doing the missions.

L.A. Noire looks AWESOME with the new technology :D, it's a must, R* make awesome games, that's all. Forget about PC tough...GTA IV PC version wasn't a sucess.

Mafia 2 was bullshit.

And RO2 looks way more awesome than all the games mentioned above.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-04-2011, 18:04:39 »
RDR is worth getting in my opinion. Although it gets repetitive after a while, its something else. Takes a while to play through, a few interesting ''mini games'' and looks great in general.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-04-2011, 18:04:46 »
Red dead redemption is awesome.

Think GTA4 but in a western setting. I Strongly recommend this game. Now I wanna replay it.

LA Noire looks really great, and it's definitely something new coming from rockstar. Using the same engine as RDR and GTA4 and being quite revolutionary. I so wanna get this.

Honestly though, these games are better suited for consoles IMO.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-04-2011, 18:04:55 »
Red dead redemption is awesome.

Think GTA4 but in a western setting. I Strongly recommend this game. Now I wanna replay it.

LA Noire looks really great, and it's definitely something new coming from rockstar. Using the same engine as RDR and GTA4 and being quite revolutionary. I so wanna get this.

Honestly though, these games are better suited for consoles IMO.

Well, R* develop their games for console, all R* games are a must if you play on console. And indeed "GTA" style games are way more suitable to consoles.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #5 on: 14-04-2011, 18:04:32 »
Stop talking bullshit Lheureux, Rockstar has confirmed that both RDR and L.A. Noire are coming to PC.

RDR is low priority project but L.A. Noire will come to PC some time after the actual release (which is in May.). L.A. Noire is my most anticipated game ever.

RDR will be welcome for my PC, I still play GTA IV once in a while.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-04-2011, 18:04:13 »
Thanks guys, especially Fuchs, I might get it then :)

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-04-2011, 04:04:15 »
Stop talking bullshit Lheureux, Rockstar has confirmed that both RDR and L.A. Noire are coming to PC.

RDR is low priority project but L.A. Noire will come to PC some time after the actual release (which is in May.). L.A. Noire is my most anticipated game ever.

RDR will be welcome for my PC, I still play GTA IV once in a while.

What?  >:( I never said they would not develop it on PC. Just that GTA style fits better on consoles. I'm a PC player, that's the only kind of game that I play on consoles.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-04-2011, 13:04:40 »
Forget about PC tough...GTA IV PC version wasn't a sucess.

Read that yourself, forget about the PC because the GTA IV PC version was not a success.

And still, how can you not enjoy GTA I, II, III, Vice City, San Andreas and IV on the PC?
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Chariot

• Rememberer of the unremembered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-04-2011, 01:04:39 »
Forget about PC tough...GTA IV PC version wasn't a sucess.

Read that yourself, forget about the PC because the GTA IV PC version was not a success.

And still, how can you not enjoy GTA I, II, III, Vice City, San Andreas and IV on the PC?
The only reason I like GTA games on the PC is because of the mods for them. Other than that, its to much of a hassle to get them to work. Updating graphics cards, moving files, downloading patches, and so on and so forth. The console versions are just fine. 
« Last Edit: Today at 18:07:17 by Chariot »
Also known as HMS Campbeltown

Anyone who supports the UN is a closet totalitarian and most likely supports a one world government which will enslave us all.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-04-2011, 20:04:38 »
GTA IV is a great game.

And fuchs, by RDR you mean Red Dead Redemption? if so, can you give us a source that confirms that Red Dead Redemption is coming to PC?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-04-2011, 20:04:58 »
@Chariot, I got them on Steam so, autopatch ftw. Never had any other problems, just had to open my router ports for multiplayer.

@Tore, real life friend of mine is obsessed by these games, I asked him and well, I misunderstood him a while a go, RDR is probably not coming to PC, maybe in 2015  :P L.A. Noire definitely though. They accidentally leaked that.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-04-2011, 16:04:27 »
RDR is probably not coming to PC, maybe in 2015 
Daaamn, not good.....
L.A. Noire definitely though. They accidentally leaked that.
Good good!

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-04-2011, 21:04:03 »
Definitley want LA Noire, looks awesome

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22-05-2011, 15:05:10 »
PS3 and Xbox 360 version of LA Noire is released, looks quite good, afaik lots of cars etc.

Now lets hope PC version comes soon :P