Author Topic: Inclusion of now tested and working bot blocking smoke in SP/Coop  (Read 4782 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
I'm already very familiar with navmeshing and know how to do it, but navmesh.exe shuts down without an error message after running for a few seconds. Still trying to figure that out. Without an error to clue me in it's difficult. Once I get it working, I'll start navmeshing all of the new maps along with some of the CMP maps. 
That's a good news. I bet many singleplayer fans will be happy to see that.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage

You AI coded all the CMP vehicles ?!  :o I intend to learn how to navmesh maps such as this as well as the new FH releases, unless others get their before me. If they don't then inevitably I will probably get time to do it but that could 6 to 12 months down the line.

Could you help with coding the other smoke grenades (I already have the American M whatever it is grenade that was provided by Maxp) ? If the FH devs don't have time to test and include this (no doubt they are resting after the last huge release!) then a non-official addon and installer could be made.

I'm sure I can definitely help. I read thru the thread about AI smoke grenades but got sort of lost with what exactly was going on. I'm assuming Maxp sent you some code through a PM and that's what I'm missing.

I'm already very familiar with navmeshing and know how to do it, but navmesh.exe shuts down without an error message after running for a few seconds. Still trying to figure that out. Without an error to clue me in it's difficult. Once I get it working, I'll start navmeshing all of the new maps along with some of the CMP maps.

Check your PM's. That sounds really promising VolkssturmGewehr  8) ! I can help with testing. I have some experience with setting up installers.

Yep, all of the CMP vehicles + weapons I have working with AI. The Avro Lancaster, Me-262, and Bf-110 are especially fun :). I've seen bots rip enemy aircraft apart with the Me-262, and they'll bomb the sh*t out of them with the medium & heavy bombers. Also added a very nice SU-85.

Is that Clivewil's Lancaster ?

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
I feel like I could add a bit here in regards to the amount of offline players.

I've almost always played offline, but I think it started that way for me because of an unfortunate circumstance: bad internet. I had dial up internet until 2010 (whooray for rural Texas), after which I only got slightly faster internet, but still nothing capable of playing even FH2 online. So therefore, all of my gaming is centered around offline play. I can't say this is the case of most offline players, but if there's one thing I've learned in life, where there's one, there's more (this is especially true for scorpions, which we have plenty of in Texas). I have two other friends who used to play FH2 offline a lot, and up until a few years ago we played regularly every Sunday. I'm the only one of us who still plays, most of them being terrible traitors to the newer battlefield games. I've kind of gotten out of most gaming, as being married, being into cars, into photography, and working a 60+ hour a week job takes a lot of time. FH2 is the only game I still play at all, and it's almost always offline, as when I do go on at random, the servers are empty and I'm only looking for ~30 minutes of gameplay.

So, I'd bet there are a lot of people playing offline like me, as it can be a great game for quick, fun action with very little time commitment. I think improving offline play would be greatly appreciated by quite a few people, myself very much included!

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Lol, "used". I can see it now: people buying BF2 just to be able to play FH2 then being unable to install since it came with a bad key, or...how many PC's now do not have a disc drive. 
Look, you asked a question, I gave you an answer. If you don't wanna run the risk of a used cd key, buy a new one, they are still available as well.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Lol, "used". I can see it now: people buying BF2 just to be able to play FH2 then being unable to install since it came with a bad key, or...how many PC's now do not have a disc drive. 
Look, you asked a question, I gave you an answer. If you don't wanna run the risk of a used cd key, buy a new one, they are still available as well.
As far as I understand, there's no need for that anymore, and no need to argue about it either. Looks like radiosmersh's new standalone installer solved this problem once and for all:

From now on, CD-key is automatically generated from current date/time and hardware (like CPU model, HDD serial number, etc.), which provides for its absolute uniqueness

8)

Offline Gattobuono

• View Profile
but I don't doubt that the large majority plays SP (God knows why).

I play exclusively SP.

In the past I've put 100's of hours into MP on RO2, BFBC2, BF3, and many other games.
TBH, I got sick and tired of playing with or against random idiots on the internet. Got tired of the bunny hopping trolls, the team-killers, the kill-streakers, and, last but not list, the pseudo-operator milsim tough guys that dominate games such as PR.

I'd rather play with AI, if they do stupid stuff at least they've got an excuse ... they're bots!

... and besides, for tactical team-work with real friends I have my milsim style airsoft group.

So please give SP more love, I know of a lot of people who feel just like me, and SP is becoming a real rarity these days. Look at Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose ... no single player! :-(

Thanks for an amazing mod! :-)