Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180021 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #1095 on: 31-05-2011, 18:05:34 »
The third one: speech by Keira Knightley as a South East Asian pirate leader, to the pirates around the world.

I did this:

But then I watched her again and again, and realized that it was her! The point of all of the movies is just her!  ;D

Actually the character of Jack Sparrow (Depp) is what I love the most from all 3 movies. It has some progress like Will Turner (Bloom). But Swann (Knightley) really destroy it, like all the need for gender representation in every modern day Hollywood movies do, which contains some degree of political influence.

Biiviz

« Reply #1096 on: 01-06-2011, 18:06:39 »
But Swann (Knightley) really destroy it

I know, right? She kept insisting on wearing clothes all the time. That bitch!

Anyway, latest movies seen:

RoboCop - 9/10
First saw this when I was like 6 years old. Loved it then, loved it now. The crime ridden, violent, sleazy 80's Detroit is awesome! Murder, rape, drugs, armed robbery and no mercy. Ah, livin' the dream dear Detroitians. ED-209 was pretty fearsome as well.

(Bonus: the 80's track from that dirty club - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZflAaRrqwIM)

RoboCop 2 - 6/10

Saw this when I was a kid as well, so it has a place in my heart. However, I'm much more critical of this film. I mean, c'mon - a kid acting as a druglord? Also, the stupid OCP directives that made him do "humoristic" stuff, which contributed nothing to the story what-so-ever. Still, the RoboCop 2 cyborg was kinda cool to watch when it blew shit up.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 01-06-2011, 19:06:16 »
But Swann (Knightley) really destroy it

I know, right? She kept insisting on wearing clothes all the time. That bitch!

Anyway, latest movies seen:

RoboCop - 9/10
First saw this when I was like 6 years old. Loved it then, loved it now. The crime ridden, violent, sleazy 80's Detroit is awesome! Murder, rape, drugs, armed robbery and no mercy. Ah, livin' the dream dear Detroitians. ED-209 was pretty fearsome as well.

(Bonus: the 80's track from that dirty club - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZflAaRrqwIM)

RoboCop 2 - 6/10

Saw this when I was a kid as well, so it has a place in my heart. However, I'm much more critical of this film. I mean, c'mon - a kid acting as a druglord? Also, the stupid OCP directives that made him do "humoristic" stuff, which contributed nothing to the story what-so-ever. Still, the RoboCop 2 cyborg was kinda cool to watch when it blew shit up.

This ... this actually explains a lot ...

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 04-06-2011, 05:06:29 »
Just saw X-Men: First Class.

A first class movie, like all the X-Men films!  5/5 stars!

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 04-06-2011, 05:06:13 »
Just saw X-Men: First Class.

A first class movie, like all the X-Men films!  5/5 stars!

Ah.....? Third X-men was shite on a platter

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: 04-06-2011, 06:06:21 »
Yeah but it was X Men... they are so cool

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 05-06-2011, 09:06:59 »
The third was a true pain. I hate movies with sudden day to night changes in one scene. ^^
« Last Edit: 05-06-2011, 09:06:04 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: 05-06-2011, 10:06:14 »
Just watched all first 4 X-Men movies last Sunday/Monday night.  :D
The 3rd one was hmmm *self censored* but the first and second were really great. The X-Men Origins: Volverine simply rocked!

Haven't seen the newest yet so looking forward until it comes out in Switzerland.  ;D

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1103 on: 15-06-2011, 12:06:36 »
The Sting
- I was prepared for something good and I got awesome instead.

9 out of 10

Three Days of the Condor
- Redford being chased by CIA and a CIA within the CIA of the CIA

8 out of 10

The War
- The Ken Burns documentary series in 7 parts. Some amazing stories and footage and a lot of veterans telling their stories. Becomes maybe a bit too patriotic at times but what could you expect. Still interesting and entertaining.

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 15-06-2011, 17:06:54 »
The Adjustment Bureau
Good start, but towards the end it drags a bit. The original short story by Dick is different and much more scarier. Fine entertainment, nice movie, but Source Code will best this.6,5 out of 10

13 Tzameti (2005)
If Irreversible and C'est Arrive Pres De Chez Vous mean anything to you, yep, this is not a movie for pee and poo people. It's a bit slow on the uptake, but very dark. I often found it funny as well, but that might be me :D. Excellent photography. You'll get a seriously fucked up story, and if you study film-making or have an interest in it, be sure to check it out. 8 out of 10

Timecrimes / Los cronocrímenes (2007)
Spanish movie about timetravel, the stakes, the choices, etc. If you like time travel movies, go for it. I watched it with a good friend and yes, many discussions not unlike Hurley's remarks in Lost ensued. Small budget, but we could easily tell this was made by people that love these kind of stories. Short, nifty and puzzling. 8 out of 10.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: 15-06-2011, 18:06:13 »
Beneath Hill 60      Awesome movie. Finally a new good ww1 movie. This movie is exciting and realistic, manage to be a great movie with few special effects. Its about tunnel- diggers in ww1. Strongly recommended for those who want a good war movie following a story relevant to the war , not some dull love drama, or alot of meaningless shooting.                                       9/10

Survival of the Dead   Moderate movie. Not really anything new from the shitload of earlier zombie movies. More funny ways to kill and get killed by zombies , not scary, not funny, slightly exciting maybe. I guess its allright for zombie fans, but not others.                      6/10

The Punisher; war zone    (2009)     Moderate movie. Some simple action and unrealistic shooting. The bad guys are kinda cool. A movie without too much to offer, but still watchable. Funny with Newman from Seinfeld as a criminal weapons dealer. The drama feels kinda pushed down on your head to give sympathy with Punisher. It seems pretended, and is unnecessary.      6/10                     

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1106 on: 18-06-2011, 18:06:17 »
The Darjeeling Limited
- Took me quite some time to see this movie. Strange since I'm a great fan of Wes Anderson's movies.

Anyhow, it's good. Got some typical Wes Anderson characters, scenes and jokes.

The movie is worth the watch and it's good but we got some kind of Tarantino moment here, the movie is great but when you compare it to the directors previous work you can't deny that it's one of the weakest movies.

And as always in Anderson's movies. Great soundtrack.

6 out of 10

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 19-06-2011, 17:06:07 »
I watched

Son of the Dragon
by David Wu, probably an American, not at all an Asian.
(2/10)

Well, sort of "watching it" on local Television. It is the first original production of Hallmark Movie Channel.

This is another scenario about getting white people into other culture, some tried captured soldier plot, some tried lost traveler scenario, this one tried orphaned child. That culture is ancient China. Interesting point of the movie: "you all Asians look the same!" Well, i thought, it is just between far east, but no... this goes as far as Southeastern Asia  ;D

Some funny stuff:

Using a Persian tale ("The Thief of Baghdad" from 1001 Arabian Nights), the location is shifted into some unknown dynasty, where the officials wear Qing dynasty robes, the soldiers wear Song dynasty armor, and the princess and ladies wear Han-Sui era dresses, and the people a bit of the mix.

Make a Dixie American a Chinese, David Carradine.
Make a Batak Indonesian a Chinese princess, Desiree Ann Siahaan.
Make a Southwestern British Caucasian a Mongol, Rupert Graves.

The name of the governor is Yo Shi, well there are no "Yo" in Chinese vocabulary.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1108 on: 19-06-2011, 21:06:46 »
I'm gonna try watch some Australian war movies...

First up, from 2006 is

Kokoda
- I don't think a war film in this setting can get more typical. Sneaky evil Japanese soldiers hunts down Australians on the Kokoda trail. Some battle scenes here and there and the rest is mud, pain and agony. Nothing more.

On the border towards straight boring.

4 out of 10

Next stop...

The Lighthorsemen, Gallipoli and ANZAC's

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 22-06-2011, 10:06:33 »
I Saw the Devil (2010)

It's a South Korean movie about a cop who gets his revenge on the serial killer who killed his fiancee.

It's quite violent in parts, and it can be summed up by one line on the back cover:
...Soo-Hyun hunts down Ju-yeon's killer and tortures him in an unrelenting series of violent and merciless attacks.

Great movie...8 out of 10

I saw Beneath Hill 60 a couple of months ago, and I agree with what Jobbab said about it. Great movie...8 out of 10