Author Topic: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.  (Read 52817 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.
« Reply #75 on: 06-10-2009, 22:10:54 »
Just after I had destroyed a Panther on Luttich with the bazooka, a Kubel came speeding by with a Schreck guy as a passenger. I switched to the Colt and fired at him. He dropped dead out of the Kubel. That was nice.

Offline Mazz

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 06-10-2009, 22:10:47 »
Luttich as a whole seems to be a great time and great map.

Going 55-1 in a Panther on Lut with the help of some WaW in squad.
Only have a screenshot from half way through being 29-0 but definitely an enjoyable moment.
Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent Marksman.
He could hit targets at range even on the move.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 08-10-2009, 11:10:18 »
maybe when my cromwell KOed about 7 tanks before dying.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 09-10-2009, 15:10:56 »
On Op. Totalize, i had my cromwell charging west from the main base. I burst through the hedgerow on the northernmost hay field, where there was a sherman.  I could see a turret top so I halted my advance. Then the Sherman blows up. Tiger. FFUUU

So i retreated back through the bush and drove in the ditch westward. I come up to the destroyed german column. The Tiger was still there and it turned away from me to retreat into a better firing position. I rush him and  get behind him, and fire three APCBC shells into its rear. Bye bye tiger!

Then i moved south towards the windmill, and i see a Stug at the flag. Blew him up. Moved over the river and looked left. OH SHIT, ANOTHER TIGER! I was luckyand it was damaged, since it blew up with one shot to the front. I moved north past the 88 on flak battery and come up at the curved road. I see a P4 and a Panther, looking south, so i was on their flank. Shot at the panther, hit, saw the P4 turret turning towards me, shot it and blew it up, my mate in another cromwell kills the panther.

Summa summarum: 2 Tigers, one Stug, one P4 and a kill damage assist to a Panther.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 09-10-2009, 16:10:23 »
I like how the cromwell surprise people... they often pop out in the rear from nowhere.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 09-10-2009, 16:10:07 »
I kept track of all tanks I killed so far (as infantry) and the Cromwell is the only one missing on the list (after I PIATed a KT recently  8)).

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #81 on: 09-10-2009, 16:10:42 »
The onlyone on my to-kill-list is the Marder III atm  8)
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #82 on: 09-10-2009, 23:10:40 »
Today when I killed both Churchills with the same bomb from my FW190 (my first combat flight of it too).  Twas preceeded by a long stint in the light coloured Tiger with several tank kills, and an epic Lebisey round where I just went mental with the Shreck and the Faust.
« Last Edit: 09-10-2009, 23:10:30 by Eat Uranium »

Offline Mazz

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 11-10-2009, 10:10:03 »
34-0 in a Panther on Totalize just a little bit ago, and was in the entire round. Got real lucky as all 4 Typhoon passes only got me burning. Screens of the loading menu don't seem to work (even Ctrl-V into paint or PS) so heres one w/ 40 Brit tickets left. About 23-25 of those where tanks.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11-10-2009, 23:10:07 »
I just made 28 sniperkills at Giarabub before I died, the Italians had 1 flag left. After I had lost the sniper rifle, I didn't make anymore kills, the round was soon over: I had only enough time to die two more times ;)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #85 on: 11-10-2009, 23:10:57 »
Me and NL NTH on Falaise Pocket

NTH on the LeFH 18 and me on the Grantwerfer 34

Man, did we get some awesome spots or what?

I joined in when Allies were down to about 150 tickets

Still, I came out as No.1 thanks to some awesome spots. Days like these, being an Arty man is just gold.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 12-10-2009, 08:10:24 »
When I got FH2.2 to DL properly, after countless sleepless night, hundreds of hours of patiently waiting for the time on the downloading file to reach 0 and numerous rigorous fights with my PC (I finally conquered it for all of you I might have left in suspense). Other than that..........................yeah.........none.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 12-10-2009, 21:10:38 »

My dumbass little brother got second best on the Axis side?  I don't believe it.  Bobby photo shopped that scoreboard pic. :)

Offline Mazz

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 13-10-2009, 00:10:58 »
To be honest he might've been the person in the FW190 who saved my ass a few times.

Good genes?  ;D

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 10-01-2010, 21:01:15 »
Time to bump.

Villers-Bocage: Rawhide was our squadleader. We took the willys and moved east at the top edge of the map to flank all the german super pwnage tigers and panthers. Rawhide was driving. We arrive at the tankspawns at point 213. three people in the jeep. i shot at one guy with my sten, i hit him but dont kill him. then rawhide gets killed by a lucky k98 shot. I exit the vehicle and so did the other guy, who gets almost instantly killed. I jump back in the jeep quickly and drove like hell and made it back to the british main. Fun as hell.

Then we take the jeep again. Same plan. I don't remember who it was but someone in a burning tiger shot us to hell. he had retreated to repair it and we emerge from the bushes right in front of his 88 KwK.

Third time i was driving the jeep and drove eastward through tilly, when i saw a panther at the other side of the bridge with the cannon straight pointed at us. I quickly turned right at an intersection and hear the panther gun go boom. The shot hit a house to our right.  I drove around a house back towards the road and got through a line of bushes and saw the same panther burning there and coming towards us. The round ended, so we didn't get killed.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!