Author Topic: Question ; Battle of Prokhorovka & The House Of Pavlova  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Markuss_X1

• View Profile
A question for the Developer.

Whether on the Eastern Front maps "Battle of Prokhorovka" & "The House Of Pavlova" ?
If you will give at least some information !

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Question ; Battle of Prokhorovka & The House Of Pavlova
« Reply #1 on: 25-01-2013, 12:01:51 »
You aware that Prokhorovka is being made right now? There is even a devblog for it.  :)

And Pavlov's House would be freakin awesome! Cant wait for it!

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-01-2013, 13:01:54 »
Pavlov's house on 128 server would probably be the new unreal tunisment.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-01-2013, 13:01:06 »
Pavlovs house won´t reach the mod in the near future. The developers have stated that the Eastern Front update will be about the time from Kursk onwards. Pavlovs house stands in Stalingrad which is a bit earlier than that.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-01-2013, 13:01:18 »
I hope it would be one of the first maps we'd see after the '43-45 times. Would make a decent 32 player map.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-01-2013, 13:01:36 »
Battle of Pavlova sounds delicious

Also, Pavlov might become a custom map one day.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-01-2013, 14:01:57 »
unreal tunisment

;D

Doubt devs will make maps like this these days anyway. Seems like the style of mapping changed, and I don't expect Tunis-style to come into fashion again. But like titsmcgee I also could imagine this being a custom map. A lot of new stuff to do and ideas to implement for mappers anyway as soon as Eastern front is there.

Offline Latreillle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-01-2013, 17:01:39 »
Doubt devs will make maps like this these days anyway. Seems like the style of mapping changed, and I don't expect Tunis-style to come into fashion again. But like titsmcgee I also could imagine this being a custom map. A lot of new stuff to do and ideas to implement for mappers anyway as soon as Eastern front is there.

why not, add sewers and/or basements and the attack team would have more paths to advance, totally playable with 128plyrs. INF maps are awesome, fights in sewers are stressing and fun. I do hope for some Tunis-Ramelle-style maps with many pick up kits to choose like in Ramelle or some maps with strick minimum ammo.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-01-2013, 18:01:47 »
In that case, sure why not. But "Unreal Tunisment" does not have that and limits the paths a bit too much. Generally, I'm not against small infantry maps, they just need to be designed properly and another problem is that the effectiveness of mg's grows exponentially to the player numbers, so there are too many mg's avaiable to cover that few paths. With less MG's maps like Tunis would be a lot better to play in my opinion.

Still doubt devs will come up with maps like Tunis though. But if they do it like you suggest, with sewers or basements for example or simply enough alternative ways to flank, while map design does not make it  a one-sided slaughter; then sure, why not.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-01-2013, 19:01:20 »
 You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.

This time next year the Eastern Front will still not be released.

;)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-01-2013, 19:01:30 »
I for one will be extremely disappointed if there is no Pavlov's House in FH2.. a LOT of players have been dreaming of that for a very long time, and it's not like a ton of new weapons will be needed to make it.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25-01-2013, 21:01:22 »

This is not such bad idea, just surround the house with uncap German bases with Soviet flag in Pavlov's house. But the problem here is spawning, grenades and if the map would be too small...

But still, It's dev's decision on how they want to execute this and if they are going to execute it. (Fat chance)
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25-01-2013, 21:01:55 »
This map would actually make a cool KOTH map and would fit well for smaller player numbers. But hell, I played this map on 64 player COD UO servers, wich was total mayhem tbh, but it were good times ;D

Never played the classic FH version though. Must have been similar with the tanks and flame throwers. Not to mention nade smapping and everybody just sprayin' with the PPSh.

Offline Khaine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26-01-2013, 11:01:53 »
Never played the classic FH version though. Must have been similar with the tanks and flame throwers. Not to mention nade smapping and everybody just sprayin' with the PPSh.
Tanks have been removed in multiplayer and smg are only available as pick up kits. Knife and pistols are weapons of choice in this house.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26-01-2013, 15:01:00 »
Flamethrowers were the best part of Pavlov in 0.7.