Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236659 times)

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #15 on: 10-06-2009, 23:06:00 »
I'm Excited, long time fan, and I will not hesitate to buy this, even if it sucks. Hell I bought their PS2 iteration, and that sucked, but I still have it. I own every battlefield game to date. Why stop now?

Oh Christ...

:P
I dont understand why people hate on the battlefield franchise so much, most of the games are pretty good actually. No they are not perfect but this is reality, out of all the games ive played bf2/1942/2142/BC have better replay value then most games out there.

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #16 on: 11-06-2009, 00:06:27 »
As long as they increase the player size, make fastroping possible and still give out mod tools I am a happy person
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11-06-2009, 00:06:22 »
There's also this old rumour that was met with the usual "no comments" from EA & DICE that would suggest modern setting for BF3.

Offline Niam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11-06-2009, 00:06:12 »
I would love Cold War, especially if they would choose the Korean War period (WW2 hand weapons, Sabres and T-34s make me drooling  8) ).  But in the end it's EA, therefore I would be quite surprised if they choose so. 

Offline jumjum

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11-06-2009, 02:06:57 »
And in 18 months we're going to be waiting for FH3 to come out, bitching about how DICE somehow managed to make a crappy engine three times in a row. 
Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes.....

Offline The Crimson Major

• I'm an Armchair General!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11-06-2009, 03:06:28 »
If this is a PC exclusive, it might actually be good. But I doubt it.
sig.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11-06-2009, 03:06:35 »
I would love Cold War, especially if they would choose the Korean War period (WW2 hand weapons, Sabres and T-34s make me drooling  8) ).  But in the end it's EA, therefore I would be quite surprised if they choose so. 

Korean war wouldn't be playable, how would you suppose to take out an American Pershing without any HEAT weapons. The Chinese volunteers don't have any tanks, any AT guns...all they got are satchel charges or perhaps captured bazookas, The Korean armies are all jokes.

Unless you mean there are only 40 people in UN side and 70 people in the Communist side.

Offline Niam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11-06-2009, 04:06:51 »
Actually, I meant a "Cold War gone hot" scenario with US vs. USSR, using the equipment available during the early 50's.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11-06-2009, 04:06:08 »
Well I'm just about the biggest Korean war buff I know..... The NK used T-34 tanks and had Russian pilots in MiG-15's to battle the sexy F-86 Sabre and there were so many times the Americans/UN came across T-100's Tank hunters and T34 against the M26 Pershing. Don't forget that the Chinese had the Tommy guns that the Americans gave them in WW2 and had many soviet and left over German guns/copies that they made themselves.... Don't underestimate the NK and Chinese from that era...that was 3 years of horrible fighting bro, my grandpa was there and he saw many bad things happen. ;)

Have you guys not heard about the BFKorea mod? :P

http://bf-korea.de/

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11-06-2009, 04:06:45 »
We have, and many have helped actively supported/even worked on it.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11-06-2009, 05:06:47 »
Hehe, well actually I was referring to General_Henry & Niam, I know that the FH2 team have helped out some along the way. However the BFK team does appreciate the help when its given. (HINT, HINT)  ;)
« Last Edit: 11-06-2009, 05:06:26 by Anthony817 »

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11-06-2009, 05:06:22 »
Actually, I meant a "Cold War gone hot" scenario with US vs. USSR, using the equipment available during the early 50's.

that's cool enough. T34 as a "recon" tank!.

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11-06-2009, 08:06:43 »
It'll be modern, let's face it. I don't mind that much, I do actually enjoy a big modern battle once in a while. I just hope they have more armies than the USA, China and 'MEC' from the start again - obviously the Brits would be nice, or the Germans, but I'd settle for the 'EU' again, like in BF2: Modern Combat.

In terms of player numbers, it needs to be at least 64. And I have a feeling this will indeed be a PC exclusive, as BFBC2 seems geared towards the console market, freeing the PC team up to produce a more taxing (but inherently better) BF game for PCs. So here's hoping.

Oh, and I still think that PDF from 2007 was bullshit. So much stuff on there was what everyone was predicting and DICE themselves blew it out of the water when they said 'we don't comment on rumours and speculation' - practically stating that it was just speculation.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11-06-2009, 09:06:25 »
I'm Excited, long time fan, and I will not hesitate to buy this, even if it sucks. Hell I bought their PS2 iteration, and that sucked, but I still have it. I own every battlefield game to date. Why stop now?
I have them all aswell, i even have the WWI one that looks so horrible.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11-06-2009, 09:06:29 »

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA