Author Topic: New to the game  (Read 2920 times)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Re: New to the game
« Reply #15 on: 12-05-2009, 05:05:35 »
Squads under my command have brought destruction and victory to many a map (don't wanna sound egotistical, but it is true, as many 130th members could attest...).

Where in hell was you yesterday when you boys needed you!   ;D
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12-05-2009, 06:05:19 »
Taking my mom out for mother's day, bitch xD

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #17 on: 12-05-2009, 07:05:52 »
Fag....Ditch the old chick and hang with your mates next year.   ;D  We could have used someone to lead us.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12-05-2009, 09:05:36 »
Teamwork, imo, abounds in FH, if you know what to look for.  If you ever see me ingame, tag along with me.  Even if I'm alone, I still don't lone wolf, so if I get people with me, we always immedietly go over to tactics....  Squads under my command have brought destruction and victory to many a map (don't wanna sound egotistical, but it is true, as many 130th members could attest...).
I agree with Mudra here. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are ALOT more people like yourself who want to work together than you might think. All it takes is a little leadership to get it going.

We're all hoping that with the next release of Normandy, we'll see alot more players and thus more people to possibly work with. Only time will tell, but in the mean time, do your best to find players who want to work as a squad. Basically anyone on these forums is a good candidate, so see if you can recognize some names.

Welcome to FH!

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #19 on: 12-05-2009, 13:05:57 »
Or engage in random sniping games ;)

yeah, or that.. That was fun!
We need to do that again soon, in Fall of Tobruk.. would be nice ^^

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12-05-2009, 14:05:43 »
I have to say that in my entire FH2 career, I have never heard anyone use voip.  This could be due to some problem on my part that makes me deaf, or I'm not in the right squads.  It all looks chaotic because you were on the only consistently populated server - i.e. everyone from the teamplayers down to the vBF2 lone wolves is on that one server.  After a while though, you should come to recognise a few names of good players to squad up with.

Generally though, just try to stick to where your SL is, even if they are acting a bit odd.  And if they go mental, you can allways try starting a voip squad like Schneider said (I'm sure some people would join it).

And on the off topic of bren carriers: have you tried rolling one over and using it as a short lived pillbox?  Its fun (but hard to do right).

Yesterday evening you were in a squad with Slayer. He used VOIP, so there you go, you are VOIP virgin no more.

@Sten-bullets
Usually you can find teamplay with squads named VOIP, Teamwork or Clan names.
Stick to your SL, ask which kit is needed the most, where to spawn, etc.
You can also teamplay without being in a squad. I like the temaplay between a good spotter and an Arty man.
Or between bomber pilots and people who spot enemy tanks on the grounds.

Looking forward seeing you on the battlefields.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-05-2009, 16:05:38 »
There is only room for one in the 109!  >:(

Side note, "Lufty's" is usually a good squad, when it's lead by "luftwaffe". And then there is more.

;)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #22 on: 12-05-2009, 17:05:12 »
Yesterday evening you were in a squad with Slayer. He used VOIP, so there you go, you are VOIP virgin no more.
Well, I didn't hear him.  It must be something on my end, though I was lagging badly at the time (due to F@H running itself twice).

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12-05-2009, 17:05:00 »
Well, I didn't hear him.  It must be something on my end, though I was lagging badly at the time (due to F@H running itself twice).
do you have voip enabled in options? I remember that it used to switch it off automatically when I first started playing. Cant recall the fix from the top of my head though.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #24 on: 12-05-2009, 17:05:30 »
do you have voip enabled in options? I remember that it used to switch it off automatically when I first started playing. Cant recall the fix from the top of my head though.
Just thought of that, but it won't stay on as you say.  I'll have to make the file read only or something.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12-05-2009, 18:05:51 »

Why would you run it twice? Oh, and you didn't miss much interesting stuff, I only said logical sh*t like "Clear the flag" etc.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #26 on: 12-05-2009, 18:05:40 »
Why would you run it twice? Oh, and you didn't miss much interesting stuff, I only said logical sh*t like "Clear the flag" etc.
It ran twice by itself for some reason.  So when I didabled it before playing, there was one still running.

Anyway, my voip should be working now.  All I have to do is find a working mic...

Offline Sten-bullets

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12-05-2009, 20:05:20 »
Well thanks for all of the welcomes, replies, advice and general banter all.  I'm back off to get shot now.  oh, by the way, is there a reasonably up to date manual available to download anywhere?  I found one but it was from 2007.

Cheers

Sten

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #28 on: 12-05-2009, 20:05:07 »
Gameplay wise not much changed from 2.0 (decembre 2007) maybe a few things, if it's not in the manual you'll soon discover it ingame.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12-05-2009, 20:05:10 »
I do wish they'd update the manual. There used to be a Wiki up that you could get from the Filefront forums but it seems that it's down right now.

I'm sure with the upcoming Normandy release we'll see a new manual anyway since the devs are basically doubling the content of the mod thus far.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA