Author Topic: FH2 and Beyond  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
FH2 and Beyond
« on: 09-05-2009, 19:05:17 »
I've been wondering:
Will FH stick to Battlefield 2 until every single battle in WWII has been exhausted (I really, really, really want this)?
Or will we move on to another game, and start again?

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: 09-05-2009, 19:05:10 »
They will move to another engine, at least if they can port all the models, animations, maps etc. pp. to the new engine or god himself orders them do so (both is almost equal in probability).
Else: Yes, they will do this mod with this engine until it's finished, if nothing unforeseen happens.

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-05-2009, 19:05:32 »
As much as we belly-ache about it, BF2's engine allows for one of the best situations for the combined arms combat approach FH wants.

Bf1943 and Bad Company 2 Don't fit this as well if they don't go for 64 players. So, barring that, we'd be waiting for BF3. I think we have an idea on how long that can take. Read: Long to longer.

BF2 is also surviving pretty well after its release, so it may become the new BF42. It'll come down to the quality mods being the most played in a few years, I think. FH2 is in that position for an influx of more players.

Nevertheless, I think the devs have plenty of time for most of the major theaters. Either that, or they might just want to go for the sake of completion, as they are doing this all for free for themselves. It's their decision, we're just the lucky maggots for the ride.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-05-2009, 20:05:54 »
until every single battle in WWII has been exhausted?

The odds are we will exhaust before WW2 and its thousand battles

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-05-2009, 22:05:54 »
What?
So we will not see the defence battle of Hinterwampfl am Weltenarschsee?  :'(

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-05-2009, 23:05:49 »
ah, and I who so was looking forward to the batlle of novisibirskjovitjana

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #6 on: 09-05-2009, 23:05:05 »
I've been wondering:
Will FH stick to Battlefield 2 until every single battle in WWII has been exhausted (I really, really, really want this)?
Or will we move on to another game, and start again?

I do belive that fh2 team will do normandie... and after that maybe finish the war in europe.. and then finish development.

IMO, Forgotten Hope should get some fundings and get their own game

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-05-2009, 23:05:00 »

I'd pay for that.

at most, $50.
...not subscription, though.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-05-2009, 23:05:57 »
More would come if its free but you should make a donation spot
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Lydecker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-05-2009, 00:05:14 »
Ugh... I wrote a HUGE rant about how FH2 should have another engine, which then slowly changed to Western games being completely tasteless and how I only buy games because of mods or future mods and finally going through publishers bad policies etc etc. Meh.

It was like a full page on my screen when I noticed this is SO off-topic I better just delete it and start over.

Anyway, ArmA2 is coming. If it turns out to be decent engine, maybe someone feels like making a decent WW2 mod for it. I like the idea of one for such engine.

A small list of dream engine abilities for FH in the Utopia where I live time to time...

-At least 128 players, preferably twice that or as much as server hardware allows
-At least 1km max visibility
-BF2 or CoD kind of playability (as in aiming, moving)
-Flying straight out of IL-2 :D (yes, I love it.)
-Sound engine from Flashpoint/ArmA (distance effects etc) and IL-2 (schweet sounds from planes that reach miles :))
-Bits and pieces from such games as WW2Online, BF1942, T-34 vs. Tiger, Red Orchestra, Battlestations: Midway..

*sigh* One can dream.

And I definitely would buy FH.

Offline Blitzkrieger

• I are teh L33T
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10-05-2009, 01:05:23 »
Look, as far as i can see the BF2 engine provides a pretty damn good engine for this mod. Sure it could be better but FH2 is a mod. Mod's can't really be perfect and there will always be imperfections. Sure i wish i could put my MG34 in a window but o well the amount of work the devs do to create, skin, and code the damn thing will be good enough excuse for me.

BF2 has been going strong for so long now and still probably will be for a long time. People still play FH1 for god's sake! not to mention 'nilla BF42. when was BF42 released? that's a rhetorical question.

FH1 was my first mod and i now pretty much buy games for mods. Project Reality is going to be a staple on my crappy 80 gig hard drive for years (Yes FH2 also!!  :)) I don't need to buy new flashy games like crysis to enjoy gaming when mods supply never ending fun for the (somewhat) crappy ones like BF2 or BF1942.   
When i went to go install FH1 again yesterday I had a quick single player game on Prokorovka and just realized how much better FH2 is. Suppression effects, iron sights, different tank rounds. The list goes on and on.

Case and point, why stop now? FH has gone so far and BF2 is going very strong. I really hope they go as far as FH1 did. And when that day comes there will probably be another awesome game engine to mod.

Offline RedSand

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10-05-2009, 02:05:00 »
I just hope they dont think people lose interest and ditch it.

I want the pacific theater soooooo bad.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10-05-2009, 03:05:43 »
I hate when people talks about the future engine of a Mod. FH2 is not half-completed and people wants a new FH?...

Offline baz44331

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-05-2009, 09:05:51 »

I do belive that fh2 team will do normandie... and after that maybe finish the war in europe.. and then finish development.

so no war with japan :-\

Offline RebelliousLeader1995

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10-05-2009, 10:05:43 »

so no war with japan :-\

And no eastern front :'(