Author Topic: Medals & Awards  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Blitzkrieger

• I are teh L33T
    • View Profile
Medals & Awards
« on: 07-05-2009, 19:05:51 »
Ok so while browsing internet i came across this from a larger article about the release of FH2 2.15..

"Now, we would like to show you another new thing in 2.15 - Awards. We decided to make use of Battlefield 2's award system to give players shiny medals and a place to keep track of how much they've been playing. The main focus in our award system is to reward the player for teamplay. There are medals and ribbons for capturing and defending flags, repairing vehicles and even calling in artillery targets. Of course, there will also be awards making a set numbers of kills with a certain weapon, or simply using it for a set amount of time. In 2.15, this award system will generally be experimental. We may add new medals and change the requirements later. If the awards are liked, we hope to finalise them before the release of Normandy.
Above we have 2 examples of the new awards. On the left you can see the 'Artillery Spotter Award, Bronze'. To get this award you have to get 10 Artillery kill assists in a single round. These artillery kill assists are also a new feature in 2.15, the game will now keep track of who's target is being used by the gunner and will award the spotter points for any kills the gunner makes using his target. On the right the 'Objectives Award, Silver'. To get this award you need to have 'Objectives Award, Bronze', 50 flag captures overall and capture 6 flags in a round. You can see your awards - and those of others - on a special website that will be released later, when it's completely finished."

Was this in the release? Or is it just not used on servers at all?

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
Re: Medals & Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07-05-2009, 19:05:39 »
You can see your awards - and those of others - on a special website that will be released later, when it's completely finished.

Offline Blitzkrieger

• I are teh L33T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-05-2009, 19:05:46 »
Ahh how much of an idiot i am ;D. Can't wait to see it!

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-05-2009, 12:05:23 »
then...when will it be finished?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-05-2009, 12:05:59 »
When its ready.  ;)

Offline bosco

• View Profile
    • Project Reality
« Reply #5 on: 13-05-2009, 13:05:10 »
Let's hope there are no awards similar to the vanilla ones... otherwise here come the stat padders  :-\

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-05-2009, 16:05:41 »
stats padding wont be possible as there are some restrictions and you will have to register your server with the fh devs
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline General Tso

• Head Chump
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-05-2009, 00:05:02 »
I would welcome stats padders to this mod.  The more the merrier, and hopefully some will stay around long enough to not worry about stats and e-penisry.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #8 on: 14-05-2009, 01:05:34 »
I remember getting an award on giarabub once with some clan mates, they got some too except they were for the wrong things ie. i mowed some people down with a bren and got an award for officer or smg or something. It only hapened that round though ???

Mabey fuch was there and can verify.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14-05-2009, 07:05:16 »
No need to verify, this happens on alternate ranking servers from time to time.
The codes cross-jump :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off