Author Topic: Сталингра́д  (Read 4820 times)

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
Re: Сталингра́д
« Reply #30 on: 08-05-2009, 10:05:55 »
His kit would be the exact same way as every other Soviet sniper kit, so I don't see why we should add a special kit for him, when it's exacly the same as the other sniper kits, and ofcourse theres that we can't switch player models with kits..

Regarding the off topic discussion.. I've heard stories from here and there, My friend seems to attract these people like flies on shit, and yet I never meet these people. I'd love to meet a person that is determained that the Lee Enfield was a Soviets rifle, and that the Americans won the war all by them selfs, with the army in the west, and paratroopers in the east.. they have more original ideas than many hollywood films! Adorable!

Offline RedSand

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08-05-2009, 11:05:56 »
Luckily I got a skilled history teacher who uses alot of books, the facts, not his own opinions. From what I've heard it seems that history teachers in the US are the worst to have.

The British ones didn't seem up to par either. ;) I'd say all countries have their bad apples. I've had very objective history teachers myself, so I guess I should feel lucky.

Australia owns, today in history we talked about obamas plans to take away U.S citizens right to an attorney in their questions, the truth is now people... :-X

Offline Rataxes

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08-05-2009, 12:05:21 »
Regarding Stalingrad maps these are my candidates:

-Crossing the Volga
-The Fights in the factories (Red October, and Barrikady)
-Operation Uranus (the soviet encerkeling of the 6th army)
-Mamaev Kurgan

Then we have smaller yet famous fights:
-Pavlovs House
-Battle for the grain silo
-Battle in and around the railway station

My 50cents

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08-05-2009, 12:05:35 »
Australia owns, today in history we talked about obamas plans to take away U.S citizens right to an attorney in their questions, the truth is now people... :-X

How does that make sense?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline RedSand

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08-05-2009, 14:05:35 »

How does that make sense?

How does it not?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08-05-2009, 15:05:20 »
How does it not?

I mean what incentive should there be for the US President to revoke such a right?

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10-05-2009, 20:05:46 »

you're lying. No one is that retarded.

BTW: Hannibal's choice to go over the Alps was GENIUS (2nd Punic War)

I swear, it is true. She has, once or twice even admitted that she finds history boring, especially military history.   She is also disturbingly bloodthirsty, finding joy in how many Germans or Japanese people died in certain events. On top of that, she is cruel and despises children, and therefore no one stands up to her to confront her retardedness.

The kind of stuff I posted, I hear every day now in class.  And I mean, every.  Single.  Day.

Newsflash btw, the polish charge tanks with cavalry (forgivable I guess, but I still called her on it), The allies never invaded Italy, the all the death camps were in Poland, but the German people still knew they existed, Finland was a facist dictatorship, and the russian soldiers were greeted as liberators in Poland.
I think we may have the same history teacher.
« Last Edit: 10-05-2009, 20:05:10 by Captain Pyjama Shark »

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #37 on: 12-05-2009, 06:05:42 »
How does it not?

I mean what incentive should there be for the US President to revoke such a right?

Hey we are the same awesome nation that brought you the Patriot act!  What don't agree with it?!  You must be a terrorist!   ;D

(Sorry just a little tense since the cops just came to my house to "check on things")
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12-05-2009, 07:05:46 »
(Sorry just a little tense since the cops just came to my house to "check on things")

Now why on earth should they do that?

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #39 on: 12-05-2009, 07:05:24 »

Now why on earth should they do that?

Buddy of mine stopped by and asked if he could do a little shooting.  The cop shows up about a half hour later and talks of how it is pissing off the summer people "but for now I have my rights".  I think there was sarcasm in his voice and he just had to show up because it was his job.  Can't say it did not give me the creeps either way.
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12-05-2009, 07:05:48 »
Ah ok that explains it.
It's in the nature of law enforcement that everyone gets the creeps when they come around. That is how law works. They bank on everyone's bad conscience.  ;D

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #41 on: 12-05-2009, 07:05:24 »
Ah ok that explains it.
It's in the nature of law enforcement that everyone gets the creeps when they come around. That is how law works. They bank on everyone's bad conscience.  ;D

Yeah this guy was ok.  I even told him that I have machine guns and not to worry if he hears those rattling off.  He sent a lot of mixed messages though and seemed to try his best to make me feel ill at ease.

Ahh screw it......I will do and say what I want.  Still a free country..Right?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12-05-2009, 10:05:39 »
Fuck yeah.  ;D
Just be careful not to upset a cop.  8)
The fine for insulting one is 30€ around here iirc, can be quite cheap for a bit of fun. ^^

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16-05-2009, 14:05:36 »
2:  Standartenfuhrer Erwin Konig never, ever, EVER, existed.  Nope, nada.

Yesterday I watched another The War File documentary (on snipers this time) and they mentioned Zaytsev and Konig duelling during the Battle of Stalingrad. I was a bit disappointed about that. Now that I read up on it a little, I'm convinced that "Erwin Konig" is a name used for one or several German snipers whose names are unknown.

Nice little read: http://www.snipercentral.com/konig.htm

Oh btw: Simo Häyhä was in the documentary as well, they gave him 500+ kills.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18-05-2009, 03:05:10 »
have you forgotten about Red Square????