Author Topic: Anybody still play FH1?  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Kebert Xela

• View Profile
Re: Anybody still play FH1?
« Reply #15 on: 02-05-2009, 23:05:04 »
yes, i also play it once in a while  ;D
oh and the m19s and dualbofors are just...ridiculous, but balance the map out a bit. :-\
and just so you know, when I enter the server, I try to put some alternation, meaning more maps from different theatres, once the server has got quite a number of people.
this evening I had some great games on seelow, guadalcanal and hell of bocage.
But unfortunately some of these "boring" maps like omaha or market bring most players, and populating the server is the goal...noone wants to play with just 2 other guys, if it could be 60.

cheers  :)

Offline smith1215

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-05-2009, 03:05:50 »
I miss the days of Forgotten Hope 1942, oh well...
Mango Flame

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-05-2009, 14:05:11 »
yes, i also play it once in a while  ;D
oh and the m19s and dualbofors are just...ridiculous, but balance the map out a bit. :-\
and just so you know, when I enter the server, I try to put some alternation, meaning more maps from different theatres, once the server has got quite a number of people.
But unfortunately some of these "boring" maps like omaha or market bring most players, and populating the server is the goal...noone wants to play with just 2 other guys, if it could be 60.

the M19 and dualbofors balance a map out?!?! thats stupid, like battle of britain, there where no M19 dusters there, and dualbofors is just lame, historical accurate?! dont thinks so.

about balancing the map out... try to fly more often
Signature is too big

Offline Kebert Xela

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-05-2009, 15:05:36 »
wow calm down :)
I didnt mention it would be historical accurate, just that the brits have a chance to last longer (although they lose anyway).
I think you got me wrong, I just meant that these historically inaccurate weapons (which I dont like either) make it harder for the axis to win -> more balanced.

Oh and btw. if there are planes on a map, its me who flies them :P

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04-05-2009, 03:05:34 »

You were there too? That was the time I lost my "Hell of Bocage" virginity. Did you leave before we absolutely raped the Germans on Charlie Sector? That was great, I am still happy from that.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Kebert Xela

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04-05-2009, 15:05:44 »
left after hell  :)
hehe it was me who called you a virgin ;)
oh and I remember you...no idea if its off topic, if so, sorry
take a look at this  ;D

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #21 on: 04-05-2009, 15:05:36 »
Heh, I never played Hell of Bocage. I joined in when the map cycles where already on the side of popular maps. I think I never played 2/3th of FH1's maps.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05-05-2009, 01:05:13 »
left after hell  :)
hehe it was me who called you a virgin ;)
oh and I remember you...no idea if its off topic, if so, sorry
take a look at this  ;D

:o That was you!
You were the first person to ever kill me on Hell of Bocage. We have a special bond now.Thanks for the screenie, I'm saving that to my HD.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05-05-2009, 11:05:15 »
wow calm down :)
I didnt mention it would be historical accurate, just that the brits have a chance to last longer (although they lose anyway).
I think you got me wrong, I just meant that these historically inaccurate weapons (which I dont like either) make it harder for the axis to win -> more balanced.

Oh and btw. if there are planes on a map, its me who flies them :P

im just sad
Signature is too big

Offline Blitzkrieger

• I are teh L33T
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05-05-2009, 12:05:25 »
Wow good to see there are still some FH1 players out there :D i'm gonna start installing bf42 once again!

So tired of North Africa and god knows how long untill the normandy patch comes out....

Offline baz44331

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05-05-2009, 12:05:47 »
yeah I have 1942 but never played FH1, im going to start installing and download FH1 now 8)

Offline TroyMcClure_ITA

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05-05-2009, 13:05:29 »
I play mainly fh1 and fhsw, sometimes fh2.  ;)

geom.Calboni

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #27 on: 05-05-2009, 14:05:15 »
I want to play FH1 but I got Input Not Supported when I start. I know a fix but forgot how to do.
Things I remember: I had to change something in the files so I could start BF1942 in a small box instead of full screen then ingame I would change the resolution/screen size and then it would work. Anyone know how to do that? I'm eager to play.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05-05-2009, 15:05:33 »
I still play Fh1 from time to time. Although im amazed that the people are actually getting more and more "smacktardish" out there. Still killing for tanks, taxiing to the airfields, and just being idiots in general. Rarely though you get a good bunch to play with and then it's still a lot of fun to play.

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05-05-2009, 16:05:58 »
Although im amazed that the people are actually getting more and more "smacktardish" out there. Still killing for tanks, taxiing to the airfields, and just being idiots in general.

Yeah,

I can't stand the FH1 players anymore (thats a bad generalization, but you know what I mean). The environment is not friendly, filled with smacktards and etc. This is part of the reason I quit playing FH1 - after playing it for so many years, when I saw the community turning into a mob of nudered monkeys, I got disgusted.

:)