Author Topic: It's almost like Normandy :-)  (Read 7238 times)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
Re: It's almost like Normandy :-)
« Reply #30 on: 29-04-2009, 01:04:30 »
I realize that it's not super hardcore or exclusive, but most people will never bother trying it because they assume that it is. That's my point -- the public wont enjoy these maps unless they're part of an official release of some kind.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #31 on: 29-04-2009, 02:04:29 »

Play our campaigns in Forgotten Honor Tournament
www.forgottenhonor.com

Week 1

History
Biazza Ridge, Battle 1

On July 9th 1943 the Allied Forces unleashed Operation Husky on the Axis. The plan was the capture of the island of Sicily as a stepping stone to an invasion of Italy itself. The first wave of the invasion force was the airborne soldiers who had the job of securing the area behind the naval landing zones and blocking Axis counterattacks.

The Germans had long suspected an invasion of Sicily was coming and had moved the Herman Goering Panzer Division to a location near the American landing zones at the town of Gela. As the Allied planes roared overhead the German Panzers rolled forward to stop the Allies at the beach. All that stood between them was the scattered 505th airborne regiment of the 82nd "All American" on Biazza Ridge.

The Germans unleashed their ferocity on the "All Americans" but the elite paratroopers held their ground. Even with the support of Tiger tanks, the Germans were unable to break the American paratroopers and were forced to withdraw. Soon, as Allied Sherman tanks advanced of the beaches, the battle for Sicily was on...   

82d Abn Paratroopers on board a C-47 plane heading for Sicily,
July 9, 1943 - "Operation Husky"

New FH2 features!
Forgotten Honor's Minimod

The new FHT2 Add-On will bring you one step closer to the perfect WW2 tournament gameplay.

With the new spawn and flag-cap system every single soldier will count towards the final outcome of a battle. No more squadleader spawns, feel the pure squad gameplay in our Campaigns. Rallypoints and APCs are now strategical important in order to obtain victory.

New anti-tank weapons such has the Bazooka and the Dynamite will prove to be a big help in suppressing enemy armour. Besides, new buildings, bunkers and skins will bring you in depth to Italy 1943.

Here are just a few comments made by members regarding the new FHT2 Add-On:

"Okay, okay. After spending some time with the mod-testing on Sunday, I have to say I'm very impressed. Things went smoothly, the action was intense, and gameplay was excellent. No more SL's hiding in the meadows. And the parachuting spawn point blew my mind and was a total surprise for many of us. Good job to those that are doing the mod."

"best:
1 the mod
2 the mod
3 bazooka"

"I enjoyed being able to take down people quickly with an MG and not worry about someone quickly spotting me and shooting me with a rifle. It actually takes awhile to get back to a position you were killed from and I like that very much."

"And a confession:
- I was against no-SL-spawn rule, but I was wrong and I admit it. New system works like a charm and is by no means better than SL-spawning."

"The map was a beauty and with the FHT mod and new gameplay it is just awesome, cheers to the hard working mapping team"

"Playing on a new map with unique new aspects, terrain and weapons which is a priviledge worthy of subscriptions"

"Best: Feeling like FH1 again."

Battle 1 Pictures
Last week battle,
on Biazza Ridge

This week...
Operation Husky!

Forgotten Honor Tournament
www.forgottenhonor.com
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #32 on: 29-04-2009, 03:04:32 »
  Very nice Dutch!  Look forward to a FHT mini-mod for FH2 down the road.  Damn shame that last one came out for FH1 before the FH2 release.  So much great stuff that got lost in the Rush for the the FH2.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

azreal

« Reply #33 on: 29-04-2009, 03:04:54 »
damn Dutch. I just might have to join up...those maps look really well done.

EDIT: how many of your maps have air power?
« Last Edit: 29-04-2009, 03:04:16 by azreal »

Offline [F|H] Duc

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29-04-2009, 03:04:57 »
You guys really ought to join.  I just joined and i am having a blast and it doesn't require as much time as people think.

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #35 on: 29-04-2009, 12:04:36 »
Hey Dutch is it a problem if you cant scrimmage at fridays?
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #36 on: 29-04-2009, 14:04:43 »

Well its a good thing if you can attend on fridays... but you can be a very active member with good ideas on the trainings and helping out officers :)

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29-04-2009, 14:04:22 »
Im impressed by the new mod, maps and campaign. I just joined the AXIS! Lookin forward to play again!

Offline dutch

• View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #38 on: 29-04-2009, 14:04:00 »

No problem mate, we do plenty of cool stuff, we have squad wars on Tuesdays, PR nights, DOD Source tourney for 2 hours, pubsessions on ts with the uber FH2 mod :) Just all in good fun. We are here also to keep the FH2 community allive and strong for Normandy days. We love this community and mod and all we care about is fun.

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline dutch

• View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #39 on: 29-04-2009, 14:04:47 »
damn Dutch. I just might have to join up...those maps look really well done.

EDIT: how many of your maps have air power?

I could not answer that, you would have to ask Herman that question, just pm him he is the boss of the FH2 tournament.

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline TheShovelMan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05-05-2009, 01:05:07 »
These are just a few videos in HighDefinition portraying what happen in the eyes of an allied soldier -Megagoth - at the last friday's battle on the map Operation Husky.

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6SUG-EwoZs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeKIekWQicg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YBvjgWIXXg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD_LhOIS_q8

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06-05-2009, 04:05:00 »
New map this week

Offline dutch

• View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #42 on: 06-05-2009, 16:05:45 »

Register for our campaigns at www.forgottenhonor.com

Week 2

History
Operation Husky, Battle 2

In mid 1943 the Allied High Command faced a dilemma. The Afrika Korps was defeated, her troops now marching off to Allied prison camps, the German U-boats were being brought slowly under control and more and more Allied war material was arriving in the west. The problem was simply what to do with all this momentum? An invasion of France in 1943 was ruled out early despite Stalin’s wishes and the Allies turned their attention towards the island of Sicily.

The invasion of Sicily was driven by two main factors; first the Allies needed to secure shipping lanes in the Mediterranean and second they had a large army in Tunisia just ready to go. The Americans were still eager to invade France and were not willing to commit to an Invasion of Italy, so Operation Husky had the potential of being the last major offensive of the Allies in the Mediterranean in 1943.

The invasion forces were divided between two main overall objectives. The Americans would land in the south near the town of Gela and advance to the west with the goal of protecting the flank of the British and Canadian troops. The British Commonwealth forces would land near Syracuse and advance up the eastern side of Sicily towards Messina with the goal of cutting of the Axis retreat.

The Germans had heavily reinforced Sicily in the months previously suspecting an attack was imminent. This included the Hermann Goering Panzer Division and the 15th Panzergrenadier division, both of which were well equipped with tanks.

On July 9th 1943 the invasion began. The German Panzer units put up a tough fight, but the Italian defenders were over stretched and quickly broke under the Allied attacks. Except for heavy fighting near Gela, the Allied forces advanced quickly of the beach and in many places suffered only minimal and token resistance. Axis airpower delivered a terrible toll on Allied ships supporting the landings but was unable to stop their guns from silencing all Axis opposition in range.

As the Allies moved further inland however, the terrain soon began to turn against them and the relative easy victories in the early days were not to last……

The casualties on the Axis side totaled 29,000, with 140,000 (mostly Italians) captured. The U.S. lost 2,237 killed and 6,544 wounded and captured; the British suffered 2,721 dead, and 10,122 wounded and captured; the Canadians suffered 2,410 casualties including 562 killed and 1,848 wounded and captured. For many of the American forces and for the entire Canadian contingent, this was their first time in combat. The Axis successfully evacuated the entire garrison in Messina. Rescuing such a large number of troops from the threat of capture represented a major success for the Axis. In the face of Allied naval and air superiority, this evacuation was a major Allied failure.

Forgotten Honor Minimod
More stuff for FH2

First of all we want to welcome Pasquill in our modding team. He will participate in the development of new content for our Italian campaign, which include new city buildings to let our mappers to recreate real Italian cities, and smaller statics to be more accurate with the envoirement.

Besides, modding team is also coding improvements for the spawning system. Hopefully, a rallypoint spawn system is going to offer full inmersion gameplay in our upcomming battles.

This week we show you a Italian city building. Both versions of this building were made by [F|H]Herc.

FHT Battle 2
Operation Husky

Both sides faced a difficult task in this battle. The Allies had to breach a defence line that rivaled the defences at Omaha while the Axis had to hold the line against a determined and well equipped opponent. Fierce fighting was felt across the line, flags were endlessly contested and the constant artillery fire meant no where was safe. Despite a valiant effort, the Axis forces were driven from the beach unable to stop the allied forces from exploiting their advantages to the full.     

War journalists
In the 1st Canadian Infantry Division

Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lYmrkm_uis

This week...
Airborne assault on Primosole Bridge!

Forgotten Honor Tournament
www.forgottenhonor.com

Would you like to participate in a motivated team and write cool articles about history, battles, biographies or whatever you have in mind?
Join the Media Team

deek_101, samnadine, spartanlegend, uberfary

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #43 on: 07-05-2009, 11:05:37 »
I say we enlist some of those FHT dev's in the FH 2 team  :o

I hope they insert this campaign in the next release Dutch  :D
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline dutch

• View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #44 on: 07-05-2009, 13:05:04 »
[F|H]Herc is now a official Dev mate :) Toddel is on our forums on a daily bases to give directions and help the team, he knows all the things we have and that it is for the use of FH2 mod as they wish, so do not worry, if it it meets the quality asked by the official mod you will see it back, if not then you know it was not good enough anyway. :)

www.forgottenhonor.com