Author Topic: Mikhail's Girl - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 6563 times)

Offline Mattitatti

• Hyvä SaiPa!
    • View Profile
Re: Mikhail's Girl - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #30 on: 12-05-2013, 23:05:20 »
well, I have to admit, Studebaker is one ugly looking truck.. but the model is nicely done.

as for the shields, there are hinges on top of them, so I guess it should be possible to open them.. and I don't think we'll see the Kate on Zis-5, it is just a different platform for the same weapon and it was replaced by this one later in the war which is the current focus of the devs regarding EF
Don't say we wont see 1941-42 maps. They were important years so we have to see maps from those years!
Ill throw a question to the devs: Whats so hard with the early maps? The only difference to late war maps is this: The vehicles were like t-26, t-28, panzer 2, 3 and 4 etc. I understand that mapping is hard but why couldn't you make maps from all those years from 1941 to 1945. Not just focusing to one period. Time shows what we see in EF.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13-05-2013, 01:05:50 »
The Zis-5 will come sooner of later, but the devs probably have a purpose why its not shown/made quite yet. :D

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13-05-2013, 01:05:35 »
Don't say we wont see 1941-42 maps. They were important years so we have to see maps from those years!
Ill throw a question to the devs: Whats so hard with the early maps? The only difference to late war maps is this: The vehicles were like t-26, t-28, panzer 2, 3 and 4 etc. I understand that mapping is hard but why couldn't you make maps from all those years from 1941 to 1945. Not just focusing to one period. Time shows what we see in EF.
You won't see early maps in the first Eastern Front release. Why not? Because if the focus of the first released is narrowed as much as possible, then the content for the first release can be narrowed as much as possible, meaning the first release will take less work and therefore less time.

Offline Mattitatti

• Hyvä SaiPa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13-05-2013, 01:05:31 »
You won't see early maps in the first Eastern Front release. Why not? Because if the focus of the first released is narrowed as much as possible, then the content for the first release can be narrowed as much as possible, meaning the first release will take less work and therefore less time.
Thank you, that "first" i wanted to hear. I was afraid we wont see early maps at all but that "first release" saved my day.
« Last Edit: 13-05-2013, 01:05:28 by Mattitatti »

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13-05-2013, 08:05:42 »
I'm curious, did the Katyusha have rotating mounts, or were the rocket rails fixed in the direction the truck was facing? I know they elevated, curious about the left to right potential. Even a couple degrees of play would be tremendously helpful.
Implying you need lateral movement (or indeed aiming) if and when you have one gun tube or "little Katja" per one metre of frontline (Red Army recommended amount when supporting assault)...

Offline Kuupperi

• Professional spoilsport
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13-05-2013, 11:05:40 »
If the aiming with this thing is like aiming with SdKfz 251/1-II "Stuka zu Fuss" I think I'll pass. When you point it at the flagzone it's alright but changing targets it's like mental hell when you are trying to set the coordinates right and it goes way too often too much to the right or left. Wespe is pretty much the only one mobile artillery I like to use sometimes because you can move the main gun a little to the right or left instead of turning the whole vehicle which makes the aiming way easier.

Nice vehicle though. Probably not my cup of tea but will do as a transport.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13-05-2013, 11:05:45 »
It works like in BF42/FH 0.7, not as drastic turning radius, but not like Stuka Zu Fuss.

« Last Edit: 13-05-2013, 11:05:59 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13-05-2013, 11:05:53 »
Don't you dare to take this vehicle as transport only! ;D I hate when somebody steals my Willys MB just to park it near the enemy.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13-05-2013, 15:05:19 »
Thanks for the update and the good looking model, I look really forward to using this one.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13-05-2013, 15:05:57 »
-
« Last Edit: 02-12-2015, 03:12:54 by Roughbeak »

Biiviz

« Reply #40 on: 13-05-2013, 15:05:17 »
Don't you dare to take this vehicle as transport only! ;D I hate when somebody steals my Willys MB just to park it near the enemy.

Not only will I steal every Katyusha every game and use it as a taxi, I will always drive it to the enemy main base to baserape and engage in general smacktard behaviour. Then, after the I die and the enemy gets the vehicle, I will whine in all chat about what a lousy team I have.

Suck it.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13-05-2013, 16:05:37 »
^ Apart from the stealing part, it really sounds like WoT :P
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13-05-2013, 16:05:20 »
And Toddel delivers once again.

Great looking model. Well done!   ;)

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13-05-2013, 18:05:23 »
Is this freshly done or just hasn't been shown yet?

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14-05-2013, 16:05:11 »
Hell yes.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.