Author Topic: Interesting Propaganda Videos and Pics (Any era, but not banned)  (Read 30886 times)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
Swastikas are also forbidden.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
ANY nazi propaganda is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!

Remove it at once, or I will remove this thread.
Just to be clear: everything Third Reich is forbidden?
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Chariot

• Rememberer of the unremembered
    • View Profile
Swastikas are also forbidden.
Does that mean i have to remove that war bonds poster, the second "this is the enemy" poster, and the tokio joe poster?
« Last Edit: Today at 18:07:17 by Chariot »
Also known as HMS Campbeltown

Anyone who supports the UN is a closet totalitarian and most likely supports a one world government which will enslave us all.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
I thought non-german propaganda was defined as art?

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
Is posting pictures of Germans also now forbidden?  ::)

What's up with this censorship? It's all of historical interest. No one is promoting Nazism here.

Here's some Italian propaganda:

Poster in support of Italian guerrillas still fighting in Ethiopia after it was recaptured by Allied forces.

Offline Chariot

• View Profile
Ill post more Japanese propaganda when i find it

Anyone who supports the UN is a closet totalitarian and most likely supports a one world government which will enslave us all.

Offline Chariot

• View Profile
japanese

This is all i could find that wouldnt anger me or my fellow Americans
mostly because i dont know what it means

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
I thought non-german propaganda was defined as art?
So is your face.

Is posting pictures of Germans also now forbidden?  ::)

What's up with this censorship? It's all of historical interest. No one is promoting Nazism here.
German forum, German law.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Italian propaganda has always been my favourite, I was about to post the one Megaraptor posted.  Anyway, some more.

Italian poster from the Spanish Civil War.

Axis Powers

Spirit of '49

Good blood doesn't lie.

Work and fight for home and for victory.

Your Friend?

He who doesn't keep quiet is a traitor.

Liberators?

London (silly Italians)

Kick out the Brits.

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile

Americans should still abide by this.

Also these posters are fucking cool as shit. Can you BUY any of the originals? I doubt many have been so well kept...
There's no difference between being holy and alone

Offline Chariot

• View Profile
Fine, when i get a chance i'll remove the posters that are not promoting nazism, and which are in fact against it. but before i do that, i just want to post this
« Last Edit: 19-07-2010, 23:07:51 by Chariot »

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile

One last push and we'll have it!

They Shall Not Pass

Nice and simple.

Standing in a trench at dawn, the soldier dreams of victory and of home.
He must ensure the one to return to the other. Subscribe to the 3rd National Defense Loan.

Another one I like.  Great Britain, the Old Lion, is helped by the young lions, America and the Empire.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
OK, so while we must all comply with euro nanny state enforced thought control (and I know the mods can't do anything about that), I've noticed that all the propaganda posted here has been for domestic consumption. What about propaganda intended for the enemy?

Here's one:

Leaflet dropped over 33 Japanese cities (including Hiroshima) on August 1, 1945. On the back it reads:

Read this carefully as it may save your life or the life of a relative or friend. In the next few days, some or all of the cities named on the reverse side will be destroyed by American bombs. These cities contain military installations and workshops or factories which produce military goods. We are determined to destroy all of the tools of the military clique which they are using to prolong this useless war. But, unfortunately, bombs have no eyes. So, in accordance with America's humanitarian policies, the American Air Force, which does not wish to injure innocent people, now gives you warning to evacuate the cities named and save your lives. America is not fighting the Japanese people but is fighting the military clique which has enslaved the Japanese people. The peace which America will bring will free the people from the oppression of the military clique and mean the emergence of a new and better Japan. You can restore peace by demanding new and good leaders who will end the war. We cannot promise that only these cities will be among those attacked but some or all of them will be, so heed this warning and evacuate these cities immediately.

One effect of these leaflets was to cause Japanese workers to flee many of the cities where the leaflets were dropped. Even though not all the cities where leaflets were dropped were bombed (to avoid completely tipping off the Japanese defenders), production was shut down in them due to people leaving who were afraid their city was going to be next.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Good idea Megaraptor.

Here is one of my favourite propaganda posters of all time, intended for the multinational Allied forces at Monte Cassino.  These German posters were actually rather effective given the awful state of Allied morale and organization at that battle.

Some of the bottom is cut off, it reads: The mountains and valleys of sunny Italy want to see you!"  referencing how each fortified mountaintop would just continue bleeding the Allies out.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile

"WHITE DEATH - You can't see this enemy, but it surrounds you everywhere"

Finnish leaflet used during the winter war. Simple design with large picture and short fitting text. It had to be simple and clear so the message would be delivered even if one just sees it briefly on ground.. since if you picked it up and read it a man with a blue band in his hat shot you...
Let mortal heroes sing your fame