Author Topic: FH Stuff  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: FH Stuff
« Reply #15 on: 29-05-2009, 03:05:48 »
Going about this with some sort of terror campaign just seems to me like it's going to hurt our chance of getting an article... perhaps if we are polite?

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-05-2009, 03:05:06 »
2008, Honorable mention (FH2)
http://www.moddb.com/events/2008-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/players-choice-best-released-mod

2007, 4th in best released mods (FH2)
http://www.moddb.com/events/2007-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/players-choice-winners-showcase/4#readarticle

2006, Honorable Mention in Mod of the Year award (FH1)
http://www.moddb.com/events/2006-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/mods-of-2006-players-choice/2#readarticle

2006, Top Unreleased Mods, 2nd place (FH2)
http://www.moddb.com/events/2006-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/mods-of-2006-players-choice/3#readarticle

Forgotten Hope Reviews and Interviews in the internet, try google
Magazines: try a search in the old forum, I remember people posted scans
TV, was in a german online TV (for FH1), http://www.giga.de/ but I don't think there are archives of that, and I think there was another show in an internet TV about the first release of FH2, but now I don't remember the details, maybe is in the old forum

Anyways they will delete it
« Last Edit: 29-05-2009, 03:05:47 by Lobo »

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-05-2009, 03:05:28 »
...now they're saying FH is copyright infringement.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:18 »
Yes, I told you is a lost cause, they will delete it with any excuse they can make-up, it doesn't matter

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:37 »
I'M GOING TO FIGHT THIS IF I HAVE TO STAY UP FOR THE NEXT WEEK!

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:14 »
Lobo, create a thread that gives me permission to use that paragraph.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:43 »
...now they're saying FH is copyright infringement.

Thats cause you guys havent been nice to them and played in "their court."

If you dont kiss their asses and tell them what they want to hear precisely, they wont respect your contribution, because it doesn't fit their definition of "legitimate." Then, they have no reason to give the entry much though, and might come to a dumb conclusion like that. As Lobo has said, they're Nazis. Luckily, they're idiotic Nazis who dont have power outside of they're Nazi website, so even if FH was copyright infringement they couldnt do jack shit.

Just leave it for now. Focus instead on getting FH2 into your local papers or a magazine or something.

Maybe one of the devs could host a local event and get it into their local newspaper, which would go a long way to shutting up the Wiki staff. It would also be quite fun, since some of us could buy them the beers they deserve.
« Last Edit: 29-05-2009, 04:05:30 by Flyboy1942 »

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:24 »
...which proves that PR Developers are ass-kissers. Look at their page. I should delete that for being an unnotable game Add-on.

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:02 »
...which proves that PR Developers are ass-kissers. Look at their page. I should delete that for being an unnotable game Add-on.

No, they aren't, and that wouldn't be right either.

Offline Flyboy1942

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:36 »

Well to give them credit they have probably been mentioned in this or that publication a few times, since "realism" is more of a buzzword and can be stomached by readers easier than "historically accurate gameplay," and a lot of people consider WWII games "outdated."

I believe that FH2 has been in European publications, but that doesn't help much it seems.

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:41 »
I don't really see why it matters much. We know they are idiots, the admins at Wiki that is. Since they already rejected FH2, just give up.

FH2 certainly does fine without it  ;).

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:27 »
Get out of hiding form your holes in the sand, people! Who are you, you bunch of wusses? Where are the bloodthirsty bastards I used to know who would bithe the head off of someone who even mildly insulted the mod! Instead of fighting Trolls on the threads, FIGHT WIKIPEDIA! That is, unless you're man enough, you (apparently) Sackless Wusses.

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:21 »
Naw,

We just follow this:

Pick your battles... the ones that you can win, the ones that are worth it

Offline Flyboy1942

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:01 »
OK, this just popped up in my RSS feed, and I have to say, it does make them look less like idiots:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/29/wikipedia_bans_scientology/

Course, they dont seem to be able to differentiate between a self-serving edit from a silly cult, and an informational posting by members of a large gaming community.

Sire's right, this comes up every once in awhile (I think I might have made a thread about starting a wiki entry once myself) and it's always the same old story. We dont need them, they dont need us. The FH website is the first entry when googling forgotten hope, and has more than enough information about the mod. Why bother?

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29-05-2009, 04:05:42 »
I am The Warrior. And I see a whole army of my countrymen,
here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And
free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?

Fight and you may be burned. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one cahnce, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our Wikipedia Page, but they will never take our freedom!"