Author Topic: Change Static Vegetation to Overgrowth  (Read 609 times)

0utlaw

Change Static Vegetation to Overgrowth
« on: 13-02-2013, 19:02:25 »
Well Ive been creating the overgrowth shadowmaps for some of my maps. Unfortunately I have placed a few static vegetation in selected areas that obviously will not be affected by the overgrowth shadowmaps since those are static. Now i know how to change overgrowth into static vegetation. However, I am trying to now change a few static vegetation to overgrowth so those would be properly shadowmapped as well. Ive looked into the overgrowth files and suspect this has to do with the overgrowthcollision.con, but im not sure what all the values in that file are for. Does anyone know of a possible solution on how i can achieve this? thanks.

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
Re: Change Static Vegetation to Overgrowth
« Reply #1 on: 13-02-2013, 20:02:53 »
do a quick lightmap on a object of your map. then all the overgrowth gonna be objects
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

0utlaw

« Reply #2 on: 13-02-2013, 20:02:38 »
yeah, i understand that already. Im looking for the opposite though, static veg to overgrowth.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-02-2013, 21:02:58 »
Why not hide overgrowth, then search for the overgrowth in your placed/used objects list (easiest way to find them, unless you want to fly around your map looking for them) and then replace those with real overgrowth?
« Last Edit: 13-02-2013, 21:02:52 by AfterDune »

0utlaw

« Reply #4 on: 14-02-2013, 01:02:19 »
Why not hide overgrowth, then search for the overgrowth in your placed/used objects list (easiest way to find them, unless you want to fly around your map looking for them) and then replace those with real overgrowth?

thats what i may have to do, but im trying not to alter the absolute positions.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-02-2013, 11:02:48 »
Then leave it as is, I don't think I see a difference in-game as it sort of knows it's overgrowth?

It's either replacing it with real overgrowth or leaving it as is - both ways work fine.

0utlaw

« Reply #6 on: 14-02-2013, 19:02:40 »
well rudd over at pr replied he heard that the static veg still gets rendered with the overgrowth shadowmap, but its not shown in the editor. So ill move forward and hope when i load up ingame that does work. thanks for the input though.
« Last Edit: 15-02-2013, 19:02:23 by 0utlaw »