Author Topic: Who's the oldest player out there playing FH2?  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
Re: Who's the oldest player out there playing FH2?
« Reply #16 on: 20-07-2012, 14:07:11 »
Im sure there was a guy in FHT that was around 66 years a couple of years back, wierd fellow that typed EVERYTHING in full caps and was eventually banned for missbehaving on the battlefield  ;D

Offline GeheimwaffeKLAUS

• Sir, WTF was that?? - It was KLAUS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-07-2012, 19:07:44 »
I just had a look on the Age-Pyramid-Poll... are there really kids around 12 or 13 years playing FH2  ??? ?? OMG, they should be outside, doing kids stuff  :(   I goin straight to 38 now, when I was 13, I was allowed to use my C64 at the weekends  ;D

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20-07-2012, 20:07:54 »
  I goin straight to 38 now, when I was 13, I was allowed to use my C64 at the weekends  ;D
Yes and you had to ski 10 kilometres through a pack of hungry wolves to school every day and it was uphill both ways and... ;D
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-07-2012, 10:07:09 »
I'm 19 now. Been playing since I was 17. I guess I'm just a youngster  ;D

Offline Vergeltungswaffe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21-07-2012, 13:07:30 »
I'm 19 now. Been playing since I was 17. I guess I'm just a youngster  ;D

I started playing FH around 2003 when I was like 13 or 14 and have been playing every single release since then. I'm 22 now. It's quite scary how quickly time passes now that I think about it :/

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21-07-2012, 14:07:23 »
  I goin straight to 38 now, when I was 13, I was allowed to use my C64 at the weekends  ;D
Yes and you had to ski 10 kilometres through a pack of hungry wolves to school every day and it was uphill both ways and... ;D
It was no fun when the Load-It tape drive came to market. Before that, you had had to manually align the reader head with a small screwdriver, guessing the optimal position for a particular tape. If you were a Jedi or a psychic, that was of course a big advantage. Now you had a real adjustment knob and a LED display for signal level.

Also, it was good for patience. Red Storm Rising as a tape version, from turning on the computer until the battle began (if you skipped the travel in campaign mode) the game took half an hour to load. (It was my favourite game, BTW. Anyone here ever beat my score, 12850 points in the campaign mode?) Youth of today could learn a thing or two if they were subjected to similar test of endurance.

Also, if a 3D game actually scrolled at several frames per second, it was considered smooth; wireframe 3D was usually so, but filled-vector 3D (if you managed to cram such wonders in 64k of memory) usually had seconds per frame (all the "Freescape" adventure games, or on the flight sim side, Fighter Bomber). Now, if the framerate drops once in a while below 60 fps people are screaming bloody murder and shell out 500€ for a new GPU (never mind that a year later it's on sale at half the price at the most).

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21-07-2012, 14:07:11 »

Well in our area lots of the farmers have really aggressive dogs, so in order to get home from the bus station we always had to cover the slowest kid with dog poison and barbs.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-07-2012, 14:07:47 »
I think it is official, great people of this generation are either born in 1988 (my brother's birth year) or 1976. Most people born after 1990 (my sister's) are usually picky, grammar nazi, want everything to be precisely correct.

Some people of my age doesn't do research about good subjects thoroughly, nor bother to discuss it with other people. They mostly doesn't have life besides their job, despite the job not being their passion. Some people do follow it (e.g. having a dog farm/breeder, opening a salon, being a pilot, a doctor, etc).

For me, staying with a certain subject is great fun, a way to relieve stress without being pointless too much. I liked WW2, partially thanks to SPR movie and MoH:AA. So I followed the subject closely, and have been hooked ever since. But my passion with aviation predates that much before, I played Il-2 and FlightSim a lot because of that.

So, I normally won't allow trends amongst my real-life friends to dictate what games I should play. Most of my schoolmates/college friends played RPG like Final Fantasy, Suikoden, or Kingdom Hearts. Some played PES and FIFA, but who doesn't like football here? I usually play realism or historical themed video game. Sometimes it is far more educational than live action movies and TV shows or even school text books out there if you put enough time to do your own research.