Author Topic: My progress with SP development  (Read 5510 times)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: My progress with SP development
« Reply #30 on: 28-06-2012, 21:06:52 »
Yeah, great job barney.

Are Bot Squads possible?

8)

Not sure what you mean by this, but one of the problems I have to solve is not being able to become a squad commander when the maximum numbers of squads is reached. You can join a squad but asking to become squad leader never works. The admin commands I've tried so far don't kick bots. I wonder if reserving a player slot might do it ?

Amazing work Barney!

Nice to see SPers still alive.

Thanks  ;D

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #31 on: 17-03-2014, 20:03:58 »
I'd somehow neglected to actually release my tested and altered  ServerSettings.con file with clear instructions on how to actually accelerate the bots ... se here it is for FH players before its even released on Moddb.

HABAI Testing Release Download

Please note, for those not already aware, this is not a traditional mod. It's the result of technical research and testing that I did to find a way to give the bots full performance. Anyone can write a ServerSettings.con file, but it took me a long time to find ...

1. A way to effectively balance the bots 50/50 with 48 on each team. The current maximum (96 bots plsit 50/50) on Battlefield 2 1.5. The maximum used to be 24/24, 48 bots and anything above that was assumed to be "impossible". Plus DICE's description of the settings in ServerSetting.con is sometimes very ambiguous.

2. The correct .con commands and entries to put server traffic through the local host (127.0.0.1).

3. The technical details of how to properly set up affinity CPU core settings for both the server and client. For example the server must be run on only one core, until I found that I was getting unexplained crashes.

I'd be interested to hear the results of any testing, or even if you just had some fund with this.

Full front end util to follow ... probably a 3D front end using Blender Game Engine that will allow easy starting of a HABAI game and automatic setting of correct CPU. affinity

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18-03-2014, 17:03:49 »
Thank you so much, DJBarney! This brings tremendous joy to me for I only play SP. I have been happily anticipating this moment for a long time  :-* . I will download it as soon as I get home  :D !

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #33 on: 28-04-2014, 13:04:02 »
Glad it's helpful  ;D

Now I'm looking into doing a 3D interface for starting "HABAI" SP/CooP games. It's a video game, why not make a 3D map selector in 3D either using Blender Game Engine or WebGL in the browser ? This will set the atmosphere nicely when starting the local server and client. I might take some inspiration from the new FH 2.6 launcher as there's something about the lorry artwork  ;).