Author Topic: CMP Berlin+CMP PACIFIC SP-Coop Map Pack Released! (Updated)  (Read 19571 times)

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
Re: CMP Berlin+CMP PACIFIC SP_Coop Map Pack Released! (Updated)
« Reply #45 on: 03-10-2020, 09:10:27 »
Thanks very much for what you have done. I played the 64 level and found all the Russian tanks piled up in a huge traffic jam. I know it’s not easy to get the bots to drive down narrow roads, especially if there are more than one at a time. The bots soldiers are ok. I’ll try the other levels tomorrow. Thanks again.

Offline MorganH.

• 'We shall never surrender'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 03-10-2020, 10:10:57 »
Hi Ivan,

Played the 64 map yesterday night for almost 90 minutes with 3000 v 3000 and difficulty set on 90.

It was absolute carnage and mayhem and truely epic.

As others have already said : the Russian tanks, after capping some early flags i believe, than appear in a ''jam'' like 4 or 5 in a row. Number 1 and 3 get stuck in my experience last night .

I always (more maps have this) jump in the front tank, and drive it off and subsequently into others to get them through when need be, to ensure they can all drive off into more accessible territory.

Worked great last night but maybe there need to spawn less tanks to prevent this cluttering.

Also indeed there are quite a few (too many)volksturmers who charge into the Russians with only knifes but it did not really bother me during the battle. But there might be/can something be done about this ?

The big building with the marble stairway,where the MG is in one of the top floor windows, could imo use some more German defenders to start real in house fighting back and forth.

I also would like to see some more antitank and anti personal gun emplacements, but i am not sure if you can do anything with that.

And last; please do not make the map smaller (if possible anyway) as i had a real feel of a whole of a very big city fighting for their lifes as in reality. As far as i am concerned the map may even be bigger.

Anyway it was a great epic fight so i want to thank you very very much again !

Will battle on the 16 & 32 maps later this weekend.

Take care and stay safe !
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• artstation.com/ivanwazowsky
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 03-10-2020, 16:10:29 »
There are some updates with CMP Berlin Coop. Here:

1- That Volkssturmkarabiner K98 problem is fixed. now bots can use this rifle properly.
2- Unfortunately i had to replaced is-2 and isu tanks with T-34 tanks. Because bots tend to get stuck with those big tanks.

*You can find the download link in the first post of this thread!
« Last Edit: 07-10-2020, 18:10:25 by Ivanwazowsky »

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 03-10-2020, 20:10:55 »
Thanks Ivan. Everything works great now, removing the heavy tanks certainly made the map more action packed.
I added some M16 MGMC, jeeps and M4A1 76mm (the closest thing to M4A2) into the mix, and replaced the static tanks (bots wouldn't deploy them) with Flaks etc. Fun, fun.

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04-10-2020, 06:10:05 »
I removed the T34’s in the previous version to help with the pile up at the beginning. ( yes, I did work that out!)
 Leaving the big two tanks still in the map.
The bots drove up to the panther wreck and made out they couldn’t get past. I hopped in, drove passed, then let the bots drive ok up to the isu wreck. Once again, the bots couldn’t get past the wrecked tank.
Just a suggestion, if someone a bit smarter than me good do a test by removing the bigger wrecks in the streets, to see if the ISU’s and the bots can get along!
 Maybe the T-34’s can take a backseat in the action if this theory works ok!

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #50 on: 04-10-2020, 11:10:34 »
Great stuff. This could bring back to FH gaming ;D

Which maps are stable ? Nothings worse for me than getting really stuck into a game only to have a CTD half an hour into it.

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04-10-2020, 11:10:41 »
Hi Michael, I play over a LAN with my two friends and regularly play for the full two hours on Ogledow, Villers Bocage and Breakthrough at St Lo. The maps that have been released ( Russian front Maps ) recently all seem to work flawlessly.
Have a try.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #52 on: 04-10-2020, 12:10:33 »
Hi Michael, I play over a LAN with my two friends and regularly play for the full two hours on Ogledow, Villers Bocage and Breakthrough at St Lo. The maps that have been released ( Russian front Maps ) recently all seem to work flawlessly.
Have a try.

Thanks. Are those user made or the official maps ?

But what I was really asking about is the CMP maps released on this thread.

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04-10-2020, 13:10:30 »
Hi Michael, I have found all the coop CMP maps stable. Some of the pacific maps are a work in progress. It’s been a good time for coop maps lately.
 Test for yourself.

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04-10-2020, 22:10:27 »
Thanks to everyone for attention to my sp things which i did  :)

Great stuff. This could bring back to FH gaming ;D

Which maps are stable ? Nothings worse for me than getting really stuck into a game only to have a CTD half an hour into it.

Hi Michael. I know you are interested in sp-coop things. good to see you again  :) . All maps are stable except Tarawa 32 and 64. I mentioned about Tarawa 32 and Tarawa 64 in the first post of this thread.
If you have ctd problems with my coop maps , just give me a detailed error report with some screenshots so i can help you. i am trying to fix those various ai issues (not only for my sp maps) as much as i can. btw I will not do any sp maps anymore. i can only fix some things for my sp maps. 
Have a nice day.

« Last Edit: 04-10-2020, 22:10:07 by Ivanwazowsky »

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06-10-2020, 07:10:29 »
I played the map all day from both sides.
 When playing as axis, when the allies capture the ‘Park’ flag , the bots have  not much interest in driving the tanks from the starting point. Turns mainly into an infantry battle when roughly half the flags are taken.
 Here is a suggestion.
When the ‘Park’ flag is taken, spawn the isu-152 and is-2, near there. There seems to be more open space for the big two to roam around. ( Im trying hard to get them in the game! ;D )

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 06-10-2020, 08:10:29 »
I played the map all day from both sides.
 When playing as axis, when the allies capture the ‘Park’ flag , the bots have  not much interest in driving the tanks from the starting point. Turns mainly into an infantry battle when roughly half the flags are taken.
 Here is a suggestion.
When the ‘Park’ flag is taken, spawn the isu-152 and is-2, near there. There seems to be more open space for the big two to roam around. ( Im trying hard to get them in the game! ;D )

That's what I did, too + added one M16 MGMC to increase the carnage level. Also, bots are quite skilled with Hetzer and late StuG, esp. laying suppressive fire with the Rundumfeuer.

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 06-10-2020, 11:10:38 »
We think alike!
I also added hetzers and on the allied side swapped out some of the t-34’s for su76’s using notepad. But I can’t add spawning points... :'(

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 07-10-2020, 01:10:28 »
Hey Ivan, once again fantastic work!

Just played the 64p layer of Berlin and had a ton of fun.

Here are some issues I noticed:

For balance, I would consider replacing the MG-42 with something less powerful. The map is full of open and narrow lanes and playing as defender it is very easy to lock those down even when greatly outnumbered. I had the same issue on Seelow and found the static MGs already placed around the map bad enough, so I chose to hand out MG-34s instead.

The strategic areas need to be looked after to adjust spawn behaviour. Early on, German AI will never spawn near the Tiger tank while as the game progresses into the center stage, Soviet AI will completely ignore its own tanks in the base and instead spawn near the frontline.

Edit: Is the Tiger supposed to be static? Will AI ever spawn into it because so far I have't witnessed it.

As usual, I would suggest to bring the UI experience in line with FH2 vanilla by changing map names, load screens and so on, also remove bright blue ammo stash markings on the minimap.

And finally, cloning the map is always a better option than overwriting an original as it keeps things smooth and compatible ;)

Keep up the great work!

« Last Edit: 07-10-2020, 17:10:05 by Darman »

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 07-10-2020, 18:10:58 »
Hey Ivan, once again fantastic work!

Just played the 64p layer of Berlin and had a ton of fun.

Here are some issues I noticed:

For balance, I would consider replacing the MG-42 with something less powerful. The map is full of open and narrow lanes and playing as defender it is very easy to lock those down even when greatly outnumbered. I had the same issue on Seelow and found the static MGs already placed around the map bad enough, so I chose to hand out MG-34s instead.

The strategic areas need to be looked after to adjust spawn behaviour. Early on, German AI will never spawn near the Tiger tank while as the game progresses into the center stage, Soviet AI will completely ignore its own tanks in the base and instead spawn near the frontline.

Edit: Is the Tiger supposed to be static? Will AI ever spawn into it because so far I have't witnessed it.

As usual, I would suggest to bring the UI experience in line with FH2 vanilla by changing map names, load screens and so on, also remove bright blue ammo stash markings on the minimap.

And finally, cloning the map is always a better option than overwriting an original as it keeps things smooth and compatible ;)

Keep up the great work!

Thanks Darman for your views :)  Yes, there are 2 static tanks. i didn't put ai spawnpoints for them. Those static tanks can cause random crashes. In fact, the big problem is Univermag building in the store flag. Univermag building has no itself navmesh. i will try to patch (a navmesh patch) that building into the whole navmesh manually. But i cant promise any date for this. if i can do this , it would be very nice.