Author Topic: Showing name-tags of friendly players faster  (Read 683 times)

Offline mverhulst13

• View Profile
Showing name-tags of friendly players faster
« on: 28-12-2020, 21:12:54 »
Hello,

My brother and I really enjoy playing this game! Now I know a lot of people (including me) playing this game  are WWII geeks and know what uniforms which army wear, and therefore know which player to shoot and which player (teammates) not to shoot. But even then it's sometimes very hard to see (for instance when a player is far away or obstructed by a bush or something like that) if it's actually a teammate or not. Sometimes I aim at a player for lets say 5 seconds, and the nametag doesn't appear, I shoot and I happen to teamkill someone.
Long story short: it might be nice if the gamer-tag of friendly players appeared a bit faster (lets say 2 seconds) after you aimed at them, to keep accidental teamkills from happening.

Just my 2 cents, I really love this game! See you guys on the front.

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
Re: Showing name-tags of friendly players faster
« Reply #1 on: 16-01-2021, 09:01:15 »
It would still be quicker and more informative to glance at the mini map (keeping it zoomed out), or open the full map.

Offline Redbadd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-01-2021, 15:01:35 »
It has to do with the 100 player server, orinially there only were 64 player servers, but they say modded that to 100.
But now only 64 players get nametags shown i believe, the rest wont get any, so the aiming thing isnt bulltetproof.

Anyways just try to accustome yourself to look at the friendly positions on the map more, better to get into cover check map, than stand somewhere staring a someone for seconds.
If you assault flags shooting from to far isnt advisable anyways, you ll just alert the enemy and if you re far away enough they ll have respawned by the time you get into cap.

Offline BladePL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-04-2021, 09:04:33 »
Yes, this should be a good idea, i sometimes aim 5 seconds at somewone and i dont see tags but when i shoot him it say teamkill. Time should be 1-2 seconds