Author Topic: Keep an eye out for pirated FH2 content  (Read 13176 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Keep an eye out for pirated FH2 content
« on: 26-04-2015, 17:04:51 »
With the recent changes on Steam that allow people to monetize mods, we expect a rise in attempts to steal FH2 content in order to make a quick buck. It wouldn't be the first time. FH2 holds content that is potentially worth thousands of dollars, and while we don't mind sharing it for free with our community, we don't want other people to use it in their own projects or even make money from our work. We developers do not have the time to check new WW2 mods that come out, so we would like to ask you, our community, to keep an eye out for our content.
If you notice stuff that looks suspiciously like ours (especially if elements like camo patterns or dirt are identical), please make a post in the public forum or pm one of our devs. Do NOT contact the alleged offender yourself or try your hand at internet vigilantism (until we tell you to ;) ).
Thanks in advance,

The Forgotten Hope development team

Edit:
To avoid confusion, the following mods and companies are allowed to use all or parts of FH2 content:

Project Reality Mod for BF2
Totaler Krieg Mod for Men of War
Anti Matter Games Ltd.
« Last Edit: 28-04-2015, 13:04:42 by Ts4EVER »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Keep an eye out for pirated FH2 content
« Reply #1 on: 26-04-2015, 19:04:59 »
Ouch, this really brings back bad memories of those Chinese ripoff "game company" that stole half of FH2...
Let's hope that BF2 is not that attractive, since it's half-dead and forgotten (no pun intended :P)  for people to go digging around...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-04-2015, 21:04:19 »

Forgotten Theft Auto V  ;D

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-04-2015, 21:04:48 »
There should be FH2 Crime-team police Gestapo that searches around ;D
Seriously,we shoud pay attention about Fh2 content that can be easily stolen......
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline APTW_Jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-04-2015, 03:04:19 »
I know the Problem, several Men of War mods use FH2 and FH1 Models. I see some weapons and vehicles on russian and chinese mod pages. On ModDb the "Totaler Krieg Mod" has also some models from FH2, but he says in comments that he has a permission.

I 've also seen a few skins in War Thunder as Custom User skins and in CoH but im not 100% sure.

And i have seen last week this Sdkf 250 https://www.cgstud.io/3d-model/sdkfz-2503-half-track-command-variant-10791
it looks like yours.

But i think the Main Problem is Men of War, there is a lot of stolen Models, Skins and Weapons...

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27-04-2015, 04:04:09 »
And i have seen last week this Sdkf 250 https://www.cgstud.io/3d-model/sdkfz-2503-half-track-command-variant-10791
it looks like yours.

Not likely from FH2, the model is far too detailed and the texture isn't really appropriate, never seen it before either.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27-04-2015, 11:04:53 »
That Greif Model is not from FH2.

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-04-2015, 12:04:44 »
Is dev team aware of the Battleground Europe (ex WW2 Online) using several sounds from FH2, like Flak 38, 75 mm M3 gun, 2-pdr, 6-pdr (btw, gun sights on the last video look suspiciously familiar to me) and more?
« Last Edit: 27-04-2015, 12:04:25 by RADIOSMERSH »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27-04-2015, 12:04:50 »
Sounds can be tricky, since they can come from the same source etc. That tank sight is also pretty simple to draw.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27-04-2015, 18:04:19 »
Sound quality in BF2 is in general not that good. I can understand that someone can get inspired from the sounds in forgotten hope.
The .ogg quality is very mp3ísh/digital plastic without any dynamics and sounds like it comes out the speaker in a mobilephone.
Even when played out on a hi-fi tube amp with proper speakers the audio is still somehow like any other pc game with crappy audio quality :-)
I sometimes wish at least the maploading music will get re-sampled from vinyl and replaced :-)
Stealing fh2 sounds is max lazyness

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27-04-2015, 19:04:35 »
Sound quality in BF2 is in general not that good. I can understand that someone can get inspired from the sounds in forgotten hope.
The .ogg quality is very mp3ísh/digital plastic without any dynamics and sounds like it comes out the speaker in a mobilephone.
Even when played out on a hi-fi tube amp with proper speakers the audio is still somehow like any other pc game with crappy audio quality :-)
I sometimes wish at least the maploading music will get re-sampled from vinyl and replaced :-)
The sound quality increases tenfold when you enable X-Fi renderer and ultra high.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27-04-2015, 20:04:38 »
The sound quality increases tenfold when you enable X-Fi renderer and ultra high.

I have a realtek audio on motherboard and not a soundblastercard. Im getting soundcard incompatible message when trying these settings.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27-04-2015, 22:04:16 »

I have a realtek audio on motherboard and not a soundblastercard. Im getting soundcard incompatible message when trying these settings.
I got realtek too, works with creative x-fi mb software which came with my motherboard at least.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28-04-2015, 01:04:50 »

I got realtek too, works with creative x-fi mb software which came with my motherboard at least.
Thanks I finally found a modded driver that works for me :-)  And yes its better sound quality
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20212.0
« Last Edit: 28-04-2015, 02:04:41 by Alubat »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28-04-2015, 13:04:29 »
Note that you should not report Project Reality, the Totaler Krieg Mod for Men of War or any TV show with content by Antimatter Games Ltd. These mods or companies all have permission to use parts of FH2 content.