Author Topic: medic ! ....medic ! ! ! ! !  (Read 11505 times)

Offline leGriffu

• View Profile
    • Team CONT@CT!
medic ! ....medic ! ! ! ! !
« on: 08-09-2009, 09:09:20 »
hi all / hi dev's  ;)

a small suggestion for a class not used on FH2 then it was inevitable in wartime:
the doctor

why not put forward a number of feild dressing more important and why not a syringe.

in the game:
- To the doctor to be seen by teammates as well as the commander (minimap)
- Increase the points for the team doctor.
- At the time of failure of a player, allowing the physician to treat the soldier on the ground with a syringe of morphine before a final death (respawn time)
- Allow the player unable to call the doctor
- To any player killing a doctor wins a negative score (-4 / -6 or more ...)
- To the physician using his weapon to protect himself by killing an opponent does not point to kill / death.

I personally think not hear screaming "MEDIC!" in the Normandy is somewhat

thank you in advance for your answers
and sorry for my bad English

:)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: medic ! ....medic ! ! ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: 08-09-2009, 11:09:18 »
You have started a nice suggestion and done everything really good with your argumentation (cudos there)...
..but...this topic has been discussed a few times before.

Check the search function on the top right. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline leGriffu

• View Profile
    • Team CONT@CT!
« Reply #2 on: 08-09-2009, 13:09:32 »

I'm sorry  :-[  but I have not seen a topic on the medic in the 12 pages reviewed quickly indeed ...  :-\

but this does not continue the debate here if my arguments are good ...
as you want
 ;)

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-09-2009, 19:09:58 »
I love this thread, but you reached the same path as I did when I asked for a better medic class... the path of Lightning & Lobo.

I guess you guys should lock this thread before it get spammed with unecessery stuff.

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-09-2009, 21:09:59 »
I've always wanted to have medics who are limited to only pickup kits and who can be Jesus' with resurrecting powers but only limited ones. Having a long animation to revive someone and when they do, the revived ones would have black and white near-death view and they would still bleed, so the medic would also need to spend one of his bandages for the poor bastard. And when he is out of bandages, the revived ones would die...

But I know that will never happen. I just like to dream of having a combat medic. But my dreams been crushed so many times that Im numb to that these days. :)

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-09-2009, 22:09:04 »
I can see the medic getting killed a ridiculous amount of the time considering not all BF2 players coming to this mod are very intelligent. It'd be easy for them to suffer the same fate as the civilians in PR. At least the medics will have weapons, but the action is a bit too fast paced to heal people effectively.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-09-2009, 23:09:19 »
If we could code that I would be for that kind of medic, flippy, but I will admit BF2 medic style only if I go gagá with Alzheimer

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-09-2009, 23:09:09 »
Yeah I know, I dont want a zipzap-zapper-dasher medic in FH2 either, but *cough* PR *cough* medic is something I could consider. But its just a fantasy.

Offline leGriffu

• View Profile
    • Team CONT@CT!
« Reply #8 on: 09-09-2009, 14:09:49 »
PR on (sorry) players killing civilians seen to be "punished" by a negative score ... the code is on!

there is no question of seeing medic Almighty like BF2!
just put a touch of reality for the medic and he played more with a sharp utility

you could limit the number of syringe and make the medic must refuel on crates of ammunition

;)

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-09-2009, 15:09:23 »
Tbh medics in todays armies only carry a weapon to defend themselves, they donot use it to kill and fight on the frontlines...

also, most medics in normandy were sometimes shot by the enemy especially by the SS and sometimes the werhmacht, but i agree that medics should make an apperance in FH2, because if you look at Project Reality the medic is a pretty good class and has all the equipment he needs to revive and heal you!.
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-09-2009, 15:09:45 »
Point being that if theres ever gonna be such class in FH2 (in a more better form that what it is now) it would have to be limited to pickup kit only and it would have to have a lot of restrictions so it wouldnt become the miracle weapon of mass resurrection. Weaponry would have to be something like a knife and a pistol only, because as far as I know, the finns were most likely the only nation that had the medics fight as regular infantrymen normally, but they had a side duty as a medic, so they had issued their medics with rifles.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-09-2009, 15:09:50 »
plz not another medic discussion we went over this countless times now.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-09-2009, 15:09:51 »
well i actually like this brainstorming about how it could be done. Happy lets wait maybe someone have the best possible idea.

So Fellows go ahead.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09-09-2009, 16:09:34 »
I like the PR medics.

*returns to the shadows*
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09-09-2009, 18:09:10 »
I see no need for a medic. There are already medic kits and nobody uses them except to heal themselves.
In ArmA2 it is pretty much the same. You're wounded, and you get to see all medics highlighted on on the map. And you get to see that they are scattered all over the map, they're just not walking like 10 miles to reach you. For once I healed someone in 100 hours, and that was Cookie standing next to me while screaming in chat.

So, I don't see how that is supposed to work. Wounded people are not indicated to medics, while dead men cannot be revived either in a world war 2 scenario.

You would have to twist gameplay to make people being immovable when they reach a certain low level of health so medics can attend and heal them before they actually die. However, that requires people to actually play as medic and do their job.
And finally we would go through all the harrassment we've seen in BF2. People die, a medic comes along, just to jump in the line of fire reviving the dead guy just to get both of them shot. That is already 2 bodies on a spot which attracts the next medic to revive both until all the 3 of them get shot by the same sniper waiting for the next medic already to kill. In the end you spend a minute on the floor, just to be revived and shot.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom