Author Topic: Cobra always crashes  (Read 681 times)

Offline Folkhoer

• View Profile
Cobra always crashes
« on: 13-07-2010, 18:07:07 »
Ive tried playing Cobra 5 times now, it always crashes during loading.

I know Cobra used to crash allot serverwise, but is it a common bug it crashes client side?

Offline Folkhoer

• View Profile
Re: Cobra always crashes
« Reply #1 on: 14-07-2010, 16:07:34 »
Just noticed (happened before) when I start the game and I can immediatly play Cobra it always works like a charm.
When I am playing another map and server switches to Cobra, I crash.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-07-2010, 09:07:35 »
try playing in windowed mode so you might get a crash error message
open a lan server load some map then switch to cobra if it then crashes and delivers an error message report back with it.

or it could just be "weak" hardware, not enough RAM for example.
BF2 is not very good in handling resources.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline NL|Abaddon|NL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-07-2010, 09:07:02 »
Sounds like your computer is running out of physical memory. I used to have to have this problem too when I still ran the 32 bit editions of Windows7 or Vista on my gaming rig.

After I upgraded to Windows7/Vista 64bit I never experienced this problem again due to the fact that 64 bit editions can make use of all present (4GB) memory (RAM) sticks unlike the 32 bit editions. That can only access up to 3.4 GB of RAM causing memory dump Ctd's while switching from one memory intensive,like Villers-Bocage, Goodwood, Olympus, to another memory intensive map such as Cobra.     

You can read more about the Pros and Cons of a 64 bit system here before you decide to switch your OS:
http://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-64-bit-vs-32-bit-t484.html

Or have a look here in case you want to fix your memory problem without having to switch your OS. I can't give you any guarantee that it works though:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/39649-i-found-fix-memory-dll-error-vista-32-64-bit-users.html