Author Topic: St. Vith Problem  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
St. Vith Problem
« on: 15-07-2012, 17:07:33 »
Somehow, my St. Vith SP does not open.  :-\ Everytime I try to launch it some kind of message apears saying something about "starting a server" (dont really remember what it exactly said) So, Is there a solution? Can someone help me about this?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: St. Vith Problem
« Reply #1 on: 15-07-2012, 18:07:45 »
How can you play St. Vith SP? I thought it wasn't navmeshed yet.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-07-2012, 19:07:16 »
There is a St Vith in my SP list? Now I got REALLY confused!  ???

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-07-2012, 21:07:55 »
Its listed, as is Bardia64 and a few others that arent navmeshed iirc.
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline Dutch-nomnom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-07-2012, 21:07:44 »
same problem it says choose a map before making a server i think ive transalated it good cuz mine sayd it in dutch

Offline kalini-malini

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-07-2012, 00:07:04 »
guys,

st.vith is not navmeshed in this build. you could make simple check into the server.zip, the sp files are not available.

the map is available in the sp menu  just because this row:
"<mode type="gpm_cq"> <maptype ai="1" players="64" type="doubleassault" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_sectorpush" >Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>
         </mode>
   </modes>"
« Last Edit: 16-07-2012, 01:07:13 by kalini-malini »

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-07-2012, 03:07:20 »
Why is it then that some maps that are navmeshed i.e. bastonge only show up in co-op and not singleplayer?

Offline kalini-malini

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16-07-2012, 04:07:38 »
Why is it then that some maps that are navmeshed i.e. bastonge only show up in co-op and not singleplayer?

ok, i tell you what to do....
open bastogne folder----> open info folder----> open bastogne.desc file with notepad

you will see several rows there.... find this row:
<maptype players="64" type="push" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_push">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>

you just have to add there this: ai="1"   see below how it should looks
<maptype ai="1" players="64" type="push" locid="GAMEMODE_DESCRIPTION_push">Unlocalized test for this mode on this map</maptype>

now bastogne has to be available in sp menu

let me know if works??? ;)
« Last Edit: 16-07-2012, 13:07:19 by kalini-malini »

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16-07-2012, 15:07:14 »
Err, I'd rather not, I'm notoriously bad at fiddling with files  :P

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16-07-2012, 23:07:47 »
It depends on time. COOP doesnt directly imply SP. It requires a bit of work to make a COOP file an SP file.

It all depends on which the navmesher initially begun working on. It MAY be later made into SP also, but like very often, it may not.

We tend to juggle the time between adding more maps with at least some semblance of singleplayer and maintenance work making them have both modes.

I want to assure you that these will be fixed, but singleplayer takes a backseat with the drive to add general content, and we have suffered from having temporary developers or part-time developers.

Very early in the SP development of 2.45, this became the case and we had to reassess what we coudl achieve for SP and start to manage our limited resources to at least have some improvement done on the situation.

We needed to consider:
1. Fixing AI issues
2. Fixing map issues
3. Adding new maps (The toughest to do since it requires specific skills)
4. Fixing crashes.

This is why I created threads specifically to crowed-source on Ai code and solutions because the greatest success we ever had in SP for Fh2 was leading up to 2.3 and the solutions came from 2 non developers, Remick04 who was skilled in navmeshing and commander AI and Drawde who was an expert at AI logic for vehicles and weapons. Together, with the freedom and open nature of their work, we could come up with universally accepted and radical approaches to AI issues. We had almost all maps working, a great increase in numbers of maps that supported 16 and 32 sized maps, maps made for both SP and COOP and those formerly made for only one made to cut across, and we got a great number of new maps with SP support, not to mention fixes to AI that had existed since 2.0 and a general increase of SP to a whole new level.. so much so, Singleplayer, for the first time in Forgotten Hope's history, made the release announcement.

We can do that again, but we need YOU to help us. SP has never been a job for the devs sadly - But that means, its a thing we can ALL have a say in. But we need to contribute like Remick and Drawde did.
SP can be so much better. I know that. You know that. So what are we doing about it.
« Last Edit: 16-07-2012, 23:07:42 by djinn »

Offline kalini-malini

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-07-2012, 13:07:52 »
djinn
You are right, sp should not be a mirror of coop.
I will give you example with bastogne..and described above way to add this map to the sp menu. I am bored when i have to play it on sp, because the map is too large for a sp level.
Probably you will be surprised how many sp players there are, who download fh2 just to play sp(like me)
errr.. I am playing on mp sometime, but it's not like sp. ;D

I think that you(sp devs) have to design sp from "scratch", which means you have to know how the sp player feels the map and how to put him into the battle. There are available python codes/plugins(in fh2), which could lead to this.

Also is not needed to apply the mp/coop combat area + control points to sp, which means you have to add new control points and smaller combat area---> Will brings more fun and more interesting sp missions.

And last but not least with what kind of help WE could help YOU?
« Last Edit: 17-07-2012, 14:07:56 by kalini-malini »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-07-2012, 15:07:01 »
lol. I'm not the SP dev.

I am just a *Shows his insigna* a beta tester.

Anyone who can code AI, or navmesh or can diagnose bugs brings a very useful skill to the table.
Otherwise prompt feedback on bugs, issues, etc helps. But try to read the already noted issues so we don't have to respond to each issue for every single person.

The idea for SP being unique already exists. We realized this on the way to 2.45. The idea called for 'Biogger explosions and more epicness' while COOP would be a mirror of online play.

However, we had to shelf it for lack of resources.