Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 308811 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #2220 on: 09-01-2013, 21:01:59 »
I saw a bus driver who looks just like George R. R. Martin.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: 09-01-2013, 21:01:20 »
And about a week ago I saw some man looking like the KFC colonel eating KFC  :D

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: 09-01-2013, 21:01:03 »
I'm supposed to do a group presentation about morality, I got the "war, Hiroshima, Holocaust" part.
How the hell am I supposed to discuss morality with this? There ain't none!
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: 09-01-2013, 22:01:58 »
I'm supposed to do a group presentation about morality, I got the "war, Hiroshima, Holocaust" part.

Erm... Talk about the lack of morality? Does that count?

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: 09-01-2013, 22:01:26 »

Erm... Talk about the lack of morality? Does that count?

Don't think so  :-\
Ah nevermind I'll figure something out

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: 09-01-2013, 23:01:45 »
I saw a bus driver who looks just like George R. R. Martin.
so does my roommates grandfather

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: 10-01-2013, 09:01:51 »

@Tore,
Seeing that Argentina is itself a product of "colonialism", your argument falls upon deaf ears.

What is the difference between the Netherlands Antilles, Puerto Rico, Guantanamo bay, Martinique, Gibraltar or the Falklands?

It is different, of course. Netherlands Antilles is in the Caribbean, not Europe. Puerto Rico is in Central America, not north, they have land border issues there, but they wanted it that way, even asking themselves to be recognized as 53rd state. But it is like Alaska, and we are okay with that.

Guantanamo Bay is a remnant of troubled past, and it is in Cuba's piece of land. Should be considered as loaned territory, like Okinawa Airbase in Japan, or Osan in Korea.

Argentina's colonial claim to the islands is no more sound than the self-determination expressed by the current resident's to remain part of the British Commonwealth. Britain honours national referendums on such issues and will continue to do so, therefore if the Falkland Islander's voted to leave, her majesty's government would be more than willing.

Let's stick to what the people wanted. I agree.

Argentina has been in constant economic decline since the 1980's, not since 2001, and the Arg. government confuses the people by posing Nationalist arguments which distract the people from basic concerns like employment, currency devaluation and international ostracism.

Recent events such as the seizure of the Libertad or the annexation of Repsol assets point to a deeper issue than the dog and pony show that Fernandez and her control over the state media exercise in order to distract the populace.

A once proud and prosperous nation is now being ground into the dirt by nobody else other than the so-called democratic leadership that was elected to lead the people out of the abject poverty they currently live in.

I do not mind about her nationalisation craze, but I just cannot take the censorship. She can join to those people who keep shifting blames on the "west," but while on that, she has to accept responsibility to what's she did wrong.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: 10-01-2013, 16:01:27 »

Easy , consider yourself an American of the 40's whose one son was killed in Pearl Harbor, the other on Iwo Jima and the last one is a MIA pilot. You've lost 3 sons and all you want is this war to end with no more blood spilled (by your side).

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: 11-01-2013, 02:01:50 »
Multiple explosions in Zagreb, so far nothing important hasn't been blown up, and 1 person is injured.

(1 on a railway track, few in the city)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/385226_551604618191503_1574557181_n.jpg

"I'm asking the TV network to stop broadcasting old movies about WWII partisans, because the citizens have started blowing up railways again. Thank you!"

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: 11-01-2013, 03:01:13 »
Ok so when Fallout 3 first came out i pirated it and played main story plus all DLC's (all pirated). I did not have a single frigging crash despite also installing mods after a while. And now the goddamn steam version which i bought keeps crashing when i fast travel or when i choose certain weapons indoors...... So annoying damn it. How the hell can this be? A pirated version more stable than the legal one...

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: 11-01-2013, 04:01:12 »
Ah, maybe that was a goal? Piracy happens for various reasons, economical being one. Steam kind of sucks anyway, maybe a few parts were skipped when downloading. So try to redownload if you can find no answer elsewhere.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: 11-01-2013, 08:01:47 »
Well, i do see some morality in Hiroshima... Ik know the bomb vaporized and killed a lot of civilians, including women and children, but if those bombs wouldn't have been used, there would've been a lot more vitcims. I kno that the diect victims of those bombs aren't the only victims, the radiation stayed for some time, but even then...
If the USA (+USSR) had to capture Japan on the land, any idea how much lifes that would cost? Japs never surrender when fighting and the carpet bombings with conventional bombs would kill more civilians than those 2 nukes did. Now the war ended on short time with, idk, 250 000 deaths (from nukes only)? But how many millions would there have been with a landinvasion? Ofc, tell that to the families that were victims of the bombs, that's again a different story...
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: 11-01-2013, 09:01:36 »
Anyone sure that the Atomic bomb death + its radiation effect victim is less than other conventional means? The popular anecdote is now, the fuel bomb dropped over Tokyo burns more people than that.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: 11-01-2013, 13:01:03 »
Incendiary bombs dropped over Tokyo on 9-10 March 1945 killed approximately 100 000 people, with the vast majority being killed on the first day. The nuclear bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima killed between 150 000 and 250 000 people, with about half the deaths occurring the first day. The wikipedia article of the Bombing of Tokyo claims the firebombing of Tokyo on 9-10 March 1945 caused more immediate deaths than the nuclear bombs, though this seems to use the lower estimate of the nuclear bombs. Certainly when all deaths are included, the nuclear bombs caused much more deaths, though to be fair they bombed two cities, while the firebombing of Tokyo concerns only one city.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: 11-01-2013, 13:01:42 »
And if you also think what happened in Germany... It wasn't just berlin that got totally destroyed. Cities like Dresden or Köln, well, there wasn't much left of it after the allied planes passed. And i personally think the allied would bomb Jappan a lot more than they bombed berlin. So after Tokyo, probably every larger city would've been bombed by night carpetbombings and you aren't hitting a lot of fighting soldiers then...
According to wikipedia, (i kno, not the best source, but it can give an idea) 305 000-600 000 people died in Germany during airraids only, in Japan, 330 000 - 500 000 (nuclear bombs included) in 7 months. I think this gives an idea how Japan would have looked like if those nukes wouldn't have fallen. And now, we're only talking about airraids, how much cities were shelled to by artillery? And ofc, how many soldiers on both sides would've died. I think Iwo Jima is a nice example of what would have probably happened. First, it's bombed to stoneage, then an enourmous amount of American soliders arrive and kill whatever they can fight, while being shot at from every possible place and being banzaied by japs who refuse to surrender and even till days after they got Suribayachi and the battle was over, they heard explosions every several minutes of Japs blowing themselves up to "save their honor". Also: when you plan a landing, you will need ships to cover the landing, with the increasing of kamikaze's and subs that were still active around Japan, that would've also costed some thousands of lifes. The russians were also planning to come to Japan, and we al know how much Stalin cared about a few thousand deaths more or less, as long as he got as much territory as possible
To conclude:

Speaks for itself i guess
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso