Author Topic: Modern Warfare 3 Release tomorrow  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
Modern Warfare 3 Release tomorrow
« on: 07-11-2011, 22:11:51 »
So what they are touting as the most anticpated game ever, releases tomorrow. I am either buying this or bf3, I am still conflicted. I've spent the last 2 hours watching gameplay videos and reading about it. And it still seems like it's the same game as MW2 and MW1 with new game modes...BF3 still trumps it with vehicles and destructible environments. Anybody excited for it?

ALSO! So excited forums are back. been waiting for this! YAY FRIENDS!

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
Re: Modern Warfare 3 Release tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: 07-11-2011, 22:11:59 »
let me save you alot of hassle picking ..... buy BF3
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-11-2011, 22:11:45 »
Not too excited.
Will borrow the game to play the campaign.Not gonna buy it though. I'd rather play TF2. Much better arcade shooter IMHO.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-11-2011, 23:11:41 »
ETA to MW4 announcement?

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-11-2011, 23:11:14 »
Seriously, ima spend 100€ for 3 games this winter. I already bought bf3 for 30, skyrim for 35, now ive to find a site where i can buy mw3 cheap for the xbox. Darnn its been so long since i bought games but now im buying them like a mad man, 30€ is perfect!

So my advise, buy 'm both cheap since theyre great in their own aspects. I dont even know why i want mw3, i enjoyed mw2 for a while but not long enough for my likings. I played blops till prestige 2, so around 40 hours but that game was made by a different developer so ive heard.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-11-2011, 23:11:53 »
MW 2 and MW3 are awesome games. I need to take a weekend sometime to get to know the game and play through the campaigns. MW4 is a bit difficult from what I remember when I tried it out, but I like the simulation side of the game. Monitoring the heat of your weapons and making sacrifices to speed for firepower or vice-versa actually adds a ton of depth to gameplay. Same thing with the type of weapons. Projectile weapons are cheaper, much more reliable, but limited and weighty compared to their energy-based counterparts. Stuff like that makes the setup to a game just as interesting...and perhaps more important than actually playing through the mission.

A bonus is taking the time to set up a joystick and throttle to the controls. Then the immersion is complete. :)

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-11-2011, 01:11:03 »
Yeah flyboy, what in the hell? I'm loling right now reading that again and trying to figure it out.

As for the topic, I am leaning toward bf3 because I liked the beta and the graphics> MW3

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-11-2011, 02:11:37 »
hahahaha I didnt expect a reaction like this. XD

I'm in the habit of reading the Abbreviation "MW" as "Mech Warrior," and decided to reply in like. I guess I was a bit vague...

It does, however make for a funny re-read from the perspective of not knowing what I'm talking about. :P

Sorry.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #8 on: 08-11-2011, 03:11:51 »
  BF3 hands down!  I have 40+ hours into this fucking time vampire already and I still love it.  I would not play 40 hours of any damn COD game even if it came with free coke and blowjobs for every hour played.  If you really must experience MW3 just take a sharpie to your old MW2 disk and cross out the 2 and put a 3 on there. 
  A nice little bonus I found when I first played BF3 on the PS3 was the nice in game server browser as well as the ability to create and join squads like the PC version.   I thought for sure we would get the same old bullshit squad system like BFBC1 and 2.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-11-2011, 06:11:39 »
Oh nice, there is a server browser!? Not auto match!? And there is ability to make squads? And you can prone!? holy tits, I may have to buy it.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-11-2011, 06:11:17 »
I hope all CoD players will then finally vacate the BF3 servers and we'll be back to the way BF is supposed to be played. All those rocket launcher vs infantry only guys with their buckshot shotguns who don't see it necessary to pick you up at a flag are really annoying at the moment.

And no, I'm not buying the same game with the same engine a third time.
« Last Edit: 08-11-2011, 07:11:48 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-11-2011, 07:11:04 »
Modern warfare, for me, was badass. Probably  the best CoD i ever played.

MW2 caught my attention, slighty.

MW3, lol man gtfo.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08-11-2011, 09:11:00 »
From what I've read, the plot of BF3's singleplayer campaing is not as retarded as COD:MW2's was (and since 3 will continue the same plot...). And it has vehicles in multiplayer. If you are interested in MW3 singleplayer, wait until it's available second-hand or wait until the price comes down a bit after a couple of months. (Memo to self: go to GameStop and try to sell my COD:MW2, the biggest disappointment ever.)

As for the real MW games, MW2 and MW2:Mercs are still the best around. MW1, well, it was teh aws0m-o but looks and plays really dated, MW3 was too much shoot-em'up like and MW4 was broken from the start, even though the idea of different kind of "slots" for different weapons was nice. Not so sure about the recently announced MWO set to start next year, it won't have combined arms and will be free-to-play pay-to-win. Oh well, there's always MWLL, which is almost as good as FH2. ;)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-11-2011, 10:11:17 »
MW3?

Sorry, I'm too busy playing BF3.

@Lainer: Well said... :)

@Moose: Here's a winning argument for ya...

BF3 > BF3-Lite > MW3

;D

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-11-2011, 10:11:19 »
I'll fix that list for you. FH2 > BF3
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off