Author Topic: Suggestions to Improve the Mod  (Read 4523 times)

Offline FH2forums

• View Profile
Suggestions to Improve the Mod
« on: 26-06-2017, 01:06:44 »
I found a few flaws in the mod and hope you can fix this with my suggestions:

1. Which server has the weapons volkssturmkarabiner K98 and volkssturmgewehr 45? I have never seen them in a rotation
Please add more late-war maps to the game.

2. Please buff the anti-tank rifle, I was shooting at the rear of a Sherman at point blank and it had no effect.
3. Please prevent enemies from base camping in our base.
4. Please make potato smasher grenade capable of damaging tanks.
5. The "Unavailable" feature gets annoying really fast, only having a choice between 2 infantry types mostly all the time throughout the game. I suggest to make to add more tickets to anti-tank infantry, engineers, machine gunners and special assault infantry (e.g., Gewehr 43 rifle infantry).
6. I also noticed that it's hard to maneuver tanks in the Ramelle Neuville map due to debris on the ground, please remove some of the debris. Btw I don't see the Ramelle Neuville map in the Feedback maps.

« Last Edit: 26-06-2017, 01:06:34 by FH2forums »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions to Improve the Mod
« Reply #1 on: 26-06-2017, 05:06:23 »
Hey welcome to the forums. you can post some of this stuff in the suggestions section next time;
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=16.0

1. Which server has the weapons volkssturmkarabiner K98 and volkssturmgewehr 45? I have never seen them in a rotation

Seelow Heights http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_maps.php?map=53
you'll find them as pickup kits around flags or in defensive positions

Please add more late-war maps to the game.
Adding maps is a lot of work and there isn't a huge variety of EF late war equipment to be added. The devs are currently working on more maps for the EF tho.

2. Please buff the anti-tank rifle, I was shooting at the rear of a Sherman at point blank and it had no effect.

Most FH weapons are portrayed as realistically as possible in-game. AT rifles were almost obsolete even when the war started. As more heavily armored tanks became available (like the Sherman) the AT rifle became useless against them. There more suited for taking out AT guns and half tracks imo. And infantry ;)

3. Please prevent enemies from base camping in our base.

You gotta be more specific. Which map had this problem and what exactly was being 'base-camped.'

4. Please make potato smasher grenade capable of damaging tanks.

This wasn't possible in real life and so it won't be possible in game.

5. The "Unavailable" feature gets annoying really fast, only having a choice between 2 infantry types mostly all the time throughout the game. I suggest to make to add more tickets to anti-tank infantry, engineers, machine gunners and special assault infantry (e.g., Gewehr 43 rifle infantry).

These are limited kits. They're limited because the types of weapons they use weren't widely available on the battlefield. If a certain amount of people are already using the kit, it will be 'unavailable' so that there isn't an hugely unrealistic amount of those weapons being used at once. Kits are also sometimes limited for balance purposes on certain maps.

6. I also noticed that it's hard to maneuver tanks in the Ramelle Neuville map due to debris on the ground, please remove some of the debris. Btw I don't see the Ramelle Neuville map in the Feedback maps.

I think you'll have to be more specific about which piece of debris and why. The map is made for tanks to have limited maneuverability just based on the type of gameplay the mapper wanted.

The feedback thread is here;
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=11751.0

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-06-2017, 11:06:28 »
Protip: Each squad gets 1 of each limited kits on top of the normal amount.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-06-2017, 14:06:41 »
You a troll or something? You've already posted pretty much the same thread before. http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21186.0

Offline FH2forums

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-06-2017, 04:06:26 »
You a troll or something? You've already posted pretty much the same thread before. http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21186.0

Not a troll, forgot I had posted it already.

Offline FH2forums

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27-06-2017, 04:06:30 »
1. Thanks

2. Then the documentaries lied to me cause they showed anti-tank rifles disabling Panzer IVs.

3. Don't remember in which map I noticed this but if enemies can spawn camp in one map at your main base then I assume it can be done on other maps.

4. Saw a documentary where a bag full of model 24 grenades were thrown on top of a T-34 and disabled it. What about disabling the tracks though? I'm sure the anti-tank rifle can disable tracks too.

5. It's realism vs fun factor. You people chose realism and I respect that decision.

6. Can remember what specific debris but overall it's hard to maneuver a Tiger in this map, I guess this is the design choice..

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27-06-2017, 07:06:19 »
2. Probably Russian AT rifles.
3. All maps are different. Not to mention some are custom maps made by other people. So you need to pinpoint the exact map you see a problem on to give feedback.
4. "A bag full" not one. That is why there are bundled grenades ingame to use against tanks.

Offline FH2forums

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-06-2017, 05:06:43 »

2. Russian AT rifles are more powerful than Germans? wow!
4. One grenade = no piercing capability. Many grenades = piercing capability? interesting..
Anyways it's cool that there's bundle grenade in the mod, I have yet to see it though.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-06-2017, 05:06:38 »
German AT rifles used the 7.92x94mm round, Russian AT rifles the 14.5x114mm round. You can imagine which one penetrated more.

None of the two have any piercing capability, since they are not heat ammunitions. However, if you put enough grenades together, the blast becomes big enough to damage tracks or other components of tanks. Since there is no subsystem damage in FH2, instead they just deal damage. You can find them in pickup tank hunter kits.

Offline FH2forums

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28-06-2017, 06:06:44 »
Ok thanks for the clarification. Cool mod btw ;D

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29-06-2017, 11:06:58 »
"Panzer crews reported that the Russian 14.5 mm anti-tank rifle was capable of penetrating 30 mm thick sides of Pz.Kpfw III and IV... In fact, when tests were conducted with captured 14.5 mm anti-tank rifles, it was proven that they could even penetrate 40 mm thick lower hull sides on the Pz.Kpfw V "Panther" Ausf D. "

Doyle: "Panzer Tracts No. 4-3"

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01-07-2017, 02:07:53 »
If you ever get the chance to use the PTRS, know that 5 shots in the rear of a Pz4 will knock it out. Don't waste your ammo because you only have 5 rounds in the magazine and if you miss a shot, the chance will be probably gone while you are reloading.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01-07-2017, 10:07:49 »
If you ever get the chance to use the PTRS, know that 5 shots in the rear of a Pz4 will knock it out. Don't waste your ammo because you only have 5 rounds in the magazine and if you miss a shot, the chance will be probably gone while you are reloading.

Interesting. How accurate/deadly is the PTRS against the infantry? They were efficiently used as sniper rifles against tank, assault gun commanders since the Battle of Stalingrad.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-07-2017, 12:07:48 »
Well it's basically a 5 shot semi auto rifle you have to deploy to fire.

Offline Mr.ThunderMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02-07-2017, 19:07:01 »

Interesting. How accurate/deadly is the PTRS against the infantry? They were efficiently used as sniper rifles against tank, assault gun commanders since the Battle of Stalingrad.

It's very accurate unlike the other AT rifles.