Author Topic: Interesting Propaganda Videos and Pics (Any era, but not banned)  (Read 30913 times)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Always liked this one. Have it up in my room.

You don't masturbate in your room do you?   ;D

Ok guys flame me at will........

http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Chariot

• Rememberer of the unremembered
    • View Profile
more of the japs
« Last Edit: Today at 18:07:17 by Chariot »
Also known as HMS Campbeltown

Anyone who supports the UN is a closet totalitarian and most likely supports a one world government which will enslave us all.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
^ As much as many people will call that sort of thing racist now, mass rape by the Japanese military happened in a lot of places in the Pacific War, so it's really not a stretch to say the same thing would have happened in Hawaii/California/Australia if the Japanese had landed there.

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
^ As much as many people will call that sort of thing racist now, mass rape by the Japanese military happened in a lot of places in the Pacific War, so it's really not a stretch to say the same thing would have happened in Hawaii/California/Australia if the Japanese had landed there.

Even though you're 100% right you're going to get flamed for that. Racism is thooo thenthitive now.
There's no difference between being holy and alone

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
The population in the us would be much better armed then the country's invaded before by the japanese, if they would start mass rape i think whole armies would just die in the citys when like everyone comes out with there gun and shoots the SOB's.

Invading the us, a country with so many firearms would be extremely hard since a lot of civilians would resist. The resistance movements of europe would be nothing compared to those of the us.

(i am going by the assumption the there is at least 1 weapon in every household in the us on average)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
And that assumption would be dead wrong....  I believe its something like 1/4 or so.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
And that assumption would be dead wrong....  I believe its something like 1/4 or so.

Per person or per Family? If its per person then i am right.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
I have three firearms stashed in my house, and my grandfather stores many more in his house.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
And that assumption would be dead wrong....  I believe its something like 1/4 or so.

Well, not sure what the ratio was in the 1940s.

But today, on average the US has 90 guns for every 100 people: Source

However...

Most US households that own guns own more than one. The percentage of the US population that owns guns is somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2.

Edit: And a picture:

From WW1

Offline Kading

• View Profile
And that assumption would be dead wrong....  I believe its something like 1/4 or so.

Falls down laughing. Oh man. No, not everyone in America has a gun. In fact a higher percentage of Canadians own firearms than do Americans if I'm not mistaken.

However in the 1940s I would imagine 1/4 or perhaps 1/3 homes had a usable firearm in it. Rural areas naturally increase this ratio. But by this time the prohibition crime era was over so the need for having a gun in an urban or suburban environment was less present.

PS
90 guns per 100 people means nothing. People in the US like hording guns. So if a person owns one gun, they probably own at least one or two more, like Warrior said.

« Last Edit: 23-07-2010, 20:07:11 by Kading »
Break your picks and crack your spades! Dig deep if you want to live!

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Even if all the yankees had guns, would they be able to substantially resist?  Guns don't blow up trains or communications, and generally rising up in rebellion without heavy equipment leads to death (a la Vercors plateau.)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile

Falls down laughing. Oh man. No, not everyone in America has a gun. In fact a higher percentage of Canadians own firearms than do Americans if I'm not mistaken.

However in the 1940s I would imagine 1/4 or perhaps 1/3 homes had a usable firearm in it. Rural areas naturally increase this ratio. But by this time the prohibition crime era was over so the need for having a gun in an urban or suburban environment was less present.

PS
90 guns per 100 people means nothing. People in the US like hording guns. So if a person owns one gun, they probably own at least one or two more, like Warrior said.

Exactly.  I have 6 rifles and 2 pistols.  My neighbors to the left prob have a couple, and I know of one other house that has guns, and he was a PBM pilot in WW2.  Other then that, I have high doubt that anyone else on my street has guns.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
We have two unlicensed guns, a small calibre rifle and a revolver.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile

Lmfao "from the department of Homeland Security"

People are also not taking into account that many of us have access to firecrackers and ways to make homemade explosives. Thermite is made of aluminum powder and rust and it can burn through 1 - 1 1/2 inches of steel. Even more depending on the amount. You can easily get things like that in your household too

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Kading

• View Profile
You don't need to start out with explosives. A few ambushes here and there after a trip to your nearest sporting good store, and you should have a truckload of stuff that you can use.
Break your picks and crack your spades! Dig deep if you want to live!