Author Topic: FH Game Night 18  (Read 10163 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
FH Game Night 18
« on: 21-08-2011, 11:08:47 »
Greetings fellow FH'ers!

Game Night 18 is here and by this hour next week its already long gone. I am a bit late with the announcement but lets not give that an opportunity to smash things down!

So without any more gum beating, here we go!

FH GAME NIGHT 18 - AUGUST 27th @ 1800 UTC

MAPS:
Vossenack
Siege of Tobruk 64
Sidi Rezegh 64
Hurtgen Forest
St-Lo Breakthrough 64
Bastogne 64
Aberdeen

--

Server kindly provided for FHGN18 by Forgotten Honor Tournament!

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
Re: FH Game Night 18
« Reply #1 on: 21-08-2011, 11:08:19 »
haha so epic, the last 2 times when there was a gamenight I was at an airsoftevent the same day.
Play real first, play virtual then  ;D Looking forward to it :)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-08-2011, 12:08:53 »
Wohoooo!  ;D Cold beer, Crisps and some fukin raw Fh2 entertainment! Great maplist!

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-08-2011, 12:08:32 »
I will try to be there. The maplist looks really interesting. Mostly looking forward to Aberdeen now, though I haven't voted for it. I haven't simply played it, since 2.4 is out. And lets hope that Sidi gets epic. On the pubby servers it always works really good. The other maps will be fun as always with alot of tanking and inf fights. See you on the battlefield and thanks for organizing ;)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-08-2011, 12:08:46 »
Flippy, in last (or before that) FHGN, you said I never like the maplist, but this is good maplist  ;). I will surely take part and hope I get new graphics card in time.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-08-2011, 13:08:48 »
Interesting to see if Vossenack la-la-la-la-la-lags in the beginning, for the whole round, or not at all, and whom it affects.

Interesting to see if there's teamplay this time on SoT on the German side. When SoT was last played on GN it was even worse than on a bad night on a public server.

Interesting to see whether Sidi Rezegh proceeds as it did this weekend on hslan - long, long periods of boredom when nobody moves or fires, and finally the time limiter kicks in when Axis is leading and tommies still have ~100 tickets left.

Interesting to see whether Hürtgenwald will be as epic as the glorious 7-0 match that should be the subject of over 9000 videos.

Interesting to see whether St. Lo will become a hueg meatgrinder around Hill 108 or will it be like it too often is - sporadic, haphazard probes against all three first-line flags.

Interesting to see how Bastogne plays this time - yesterday evening was yet another surprising round, higlight for me being able to single-handedly execute a four-man squad in the woods between Bizory and Mageret.

Interesting to see whether Flippy ragequits when Aberdeen rolls on. That said, the matches in 2.4 seem to have been surprisingly balanced.

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: 22-08-2011, 14:08:45 »
Best map line up ev... ABERDEEN?:o
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-08-2011, 14:08:31 »
aberdeen plays quite ok the 3 times i played it the last times on hslan

Offline IcratoX

• Operations Director, Forgotten Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-08-2011, 14:08:38 »
Gonna be there, maplist looks good  ;D
In time of Peace, Prepare for War.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-08-2011, 14:08:41 »
Ow, shit. Arberdeen and Sidi Rezegh?. Its odd people like those 2 that much, but ce la vie, votes don't lie.

Will be there alright. Hope the community comes with its best and finest. I personally suggest it be a 128 server night, to get the numbers... But otherwise, it should be fun.
« Last Edit: 22-08-2011, 15:08:08 by djinn »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-08-2011, 15:08:44 »
Ow, shit. Arberdeen and Sidi Rezegh?. Its odd people like those 2 that much, but ce la vie, votes don't lie.
How dare you compare Abershit to Sidi Rezegh the most beautiful map in the mod and now even better since 2.4 with working counterattack bleed and added weaponry???

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-08-2011, 16:08:09 »
Sidi IS beautiful. But it is always pain waiting for the Brits to finally break through. Especially with all the new shiny 88s. Not that it is not a wonderful epic map.. it is. But gameplay-wise.. meh.

I sure hope THIS British force presents a challenge for my 88 team. The last 2 were rubbish :)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-08-2011, 16:08:24 »
cant it haz battlerecorder on?? pretty please, with sugar on top?

If I can't attend, watching that recording would be priceless for potential future vossenack updates.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22-08-2011, 16:08:47 »
I sure hope THIS British force presents a challenge for my 88 team. The last 2 were rubbish :)
Yeah... in the timed-out match, towards the end, nothing happened  on the southern flank for a good 15 minutes (even though the Britons were bleeding), prompting me to message "TOMMY. Y U NO ATTAK?"

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22-08-2011, 16:08:07 »
Yer, I think it might be the same game. I kept shouting at them 'Come on Tommy, are you hourly!' or 'It eint tea time, y'know!' or 'Come out and fight and I will give you a cookie' and such..

88s do instil some real fear in their troops. As does the scouts. But after the next to last, I made sure my men didn't get within range of their forward spawn.