Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236556 times)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1605 on: 16-10-2011, 11:10:38 »
you forgot  to mention third seat is unlockable  ;D

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 16-10-2011, 12:10:33 »
BTW, third seat in tanks it's confirmed to be a tank commander; he has infrared vision, I dont know if smoke grenades and he can zoom too.

Check the latest op firestorm gameplay to see it.

Got a link? There's a ton of firestorm gameplay videos.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 16-10-2011, 18:10:57 »
Got a link? There's a ton of firestorm gameplay videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq-0dQGUNf8

2:17

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 16-10-2011, 19:10:41 »
you forgot  to mention third seat is unlockable  ;D
I didnt know that there was going to be another seat but i knew about the NV unlock. This is where I border on what things should be unlockable and what this should come as standard.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 16-10-2011, 19:10:29 »
I'll be whoring them tanks on Caspian until everything is unlocked.

Has it been confirmed that vehicle unlocks are on a per vehicle class basis or is it the same as hand weapons where you need to unlock shit for every weapon separately?
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 16-10-2011, 19:10:40 »
Per vehicle class.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 16-10-2011, 19:10:31 »
Battlefieldo posted a write up of some of their impressions of what is most likely the final build.

Oct 15th
NVIDIA LAN 6 Podcast Recap + Video

Today we hosted our first real podcast with [20ID]Daskro + Friends and DCRUColin. Both of these guys are at the Nvidia Geforce LAN 6 this weekend where Battlefield 3 is playable with 5 maps, Operation Firestorm, Grand Bazaar, Damavand Peaks, Operation Metro and Caspian Border. The podcast lasted around an hour and give some amazing insights to what we can expect to see in under two weeks for the Final release of Battlefield 3. Here are the key points.

Hit Registration Improved

The server at the Nvidia LAN was setup in Los Angeles, 5 hours away from the event. The hit registration and net code have been fixed from the beta. Now you will be able to know exactly when and where you are getting shot from rather then falling and thinking you got “one shotted” like in the Open Beta.

Tons of Vehicles

Operation Firestorm (The desert Oil field map) is much larger then Caspian Border. Each team gets 6 Main Battle Tanks at start + the ones from spawn points. This map has diversity of two story factory buildings with 500m or more between control points on conquest mode. This map is vehicle focus rather then infantry. We personally can’t wait to roll with our friends in a 6 M1-Abrams deep armor column.

Mini / Full map is back

The full blown mini-map is back like the original battlefield, when you open up you can see your teammates as well as spotted enemies

Mortar for kicking Ass

Many have wondered what the Mortar unlock would be like. When you mount it, the minimap appears with a crosshair of where to drop your mortar round down on. This is a sign that DICE will probably implement more artillery items in the future.

3D Spotting is Tweaked

Now the 3D Spotting works properly. You will lose track of your enemies when they got out of view be it in a bush or around a corner.

Manage your Squad

Squad Management is back with up to 8 Squads. In this build the commorose wasn’t enabled so you were forced to use Q (spotting key) to place squad orders. Our guess is once commorose is implemented, a squad order system much like battlefield 2 will be brought back.

If you hated the Beta, all has changed

From what we’ve heard from everyone at the NVIDIA LAN event, this build is very polished and has made those with doubts really quite excited for Battlefield 3. It really looks like this game is the true sequel we are waiting for. Thanks to DICE for working so hard on this to get it in our hands in just under 2 weeks. We will be sure to keep you posted if we learn any more details on teh conquest version of Damavand Peaks. We know you are all eager to hear about that base jumping segment!
http://battlefieldo.com/nvidialanbf3/
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 16-10-2011, 19:10:41 »
These vehicles unlocks are starting to get stupid. Why would you want to unlock a third seat...shouldnt that be standart  ???

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 16-10-2011, 19:10:05 »
of course not! this is modern game, the more unlocks the bettah!

BTW:

this guy: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1440626-played-battlefield-3-ea-preview-event.html

says there are quite a few changes in the beta, mainly, SL only spawn, buff in vehicles and a confirmed map with 7 flags in PC.

true, false?? dont know, sounds WAY to good to the true tbh.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 16-10-2011, 19:10:18 »
I'm waiting for Simon and Lewis' impressions from the BF3 LAN, but I'm afraid they had something else in mind ;D

Well, what can you expect. Set an astrophysicist and chemist loose on a WWII aircraft-carrier full off Apollo 11 stuff, including the command module. They will concentrate on something else than gaming ;)
Enjoyable videos still, though.

But yeah, those changes seem really really great.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 16-10-2011, 20:10:35 »
Has it been confirmed that vehicle unlocks are on a per vehicle class basis or is it the same as hand weapons where you need to unlock shit for every weapon separately?

Both factions share the same unlock progression, but it is limited to vehicle class. So for example the M1 Abrams and the T90 (as MBTs) share unlocks, but other vehicle classes like choppers have their own unlock tree.

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 17-10-2011, 04:10:49 »
I'm waiting for Simon and Lewis' impressions from the BF3 LAN, but I'm afraid they had something else in mind ;D

Well, what can you expect. Set an astrophysicist and chemist loose on a WWII aircraft-carrier full off Apollo 11 stuff, including the command module. They will concentrate on something else than gaming ;)
Enjoyable videos still, though.

But yeah, those changes seem really really great.
And it took a retired teacher to tell simon to stop calling the USS Hornet a battleship.

Anyway, the changes sound good, but the proof will be in the pudding, as they say.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 17-10-2011, 09:10:20 »
Why would you want 7 open flags at the same time? It only creates flaghopping and a random combat. Unless it's designed linearly/progressively, which you would also whine against (too constricted! too CoD! QQ)

I guess all maps should be like this image then... no rules, no constrictions, just lol around and frag as you wish.. kiddies style.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 17-10-2011, 09:10:18 »
I've always been for more flags with pushmode. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 17-10-2011, 10:10:10 »
Kiddies style?

One could say BF2 style instead considering you've just summed up the general design theory behind most of it's maps with one simple picture... ;)

I assume that's what Rush is all about; providing a more focused, or serious, alternative to CQ.