Author Topic: Explain what FH2.exe is to me.  (Read 2357 times)

Offline githma

• View Profile
Explain what FH2.exe is to me.
« on: 28-03-2011, 01:03:00 »
This is what im doing.  I double click on desktop icon FH2 and it loads to a screen that says i need to start FH2 form FH2.exe not BF2.exe.  please f4 out and fix shortcuts or whatever.  so i enter game through BF2/community/ custom/ fh2 mod. / Activate( i forget the order ).  first time i played i had normal screen. loaded new server then now i always have iron sight black & white.

My question: Am i loading FH2 correctly? Where can i find FH2.exe if im wrong. is it the desktop icon?
i see a FH2.exe text file inside but that is just writing. Educate me  :)

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Re: Explain what FH2.exe is to me.
« Reply #1 on: 28-03-2011, 03:03:33 »
Its directly under C:/Local Disk/Programs (86x)/EA Games/Battlefield 2 if it serves me right.

The shortcut should also be in that area. The FH2.exe will appear to have the FH2 icon for it.

Offline githma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-03-2011, 04:03:19 »
well i double click on the FH2 icon and this is what it says to me basicaly ( need to start FH2 from FH2.exe not BF2.exe.  please f4 out and update shortcuts )

i have steam version of game not sure if that matters.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-03-2011, 08:03:21 »
well i double click on the FH2 icon and this is what it says to me basicaly ( need to start FH2 from FH2.exe not BF2.exe.  please f4 out and update shortcuts )

Ah that matters allot!
Did you do the things suggested in this thread? -> http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=11781.0
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline NL|Abaddon|NL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-03-2011, 08:03:26 »
To get FH2 to work with the BF2 Steam version you just need to follow the following instructions:

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=11781.0  

Enjoy!

Damn. N24 beat me to it! Good luck Githma.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-03-2011, 12:03:09 »
The famous 3 minute Ninja. ^^

Offline githma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-03-2011, 15:03:01 »

Ah that matters allot!
Did you do the things suggested in this thread? -> http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=11781.0

yes i did do that.  I can launch and join games in fh2 no problem when i double click on the BF2 icon and activate fh2 through custom games.  My only problem is i get the black & white screen when i zoom my sights in.  Am i launching the game properly? if not why am i getting that warning when i use the FH2 shortcut on my desktop?  Thats why im asking about the fh2.exe cause I can't figure out what im doing wrong.  Thanks for the replies guys.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-03-2011, 16:03:30 »
yes i did do that.  I can launch and join games in fh2 no problem when i double click on the BF2 icon and activate fh2 through custom games.  My only problem is i get the black & white screen when i zoom my sights in.  Am i launching the game properly? if not why am i getting that warning when i use the FH2 shortcut on my desktop?  Thats why im asking about the fh2.exe cause I can't figure out what im doing wrong.  Thanks for the replies guys.

In order for the B&W to disappear you have to get the desktop shortcut to work.
Try checking the properties of the shortcut and make sure that it is pointing to the BF2 folder under steam and not somewhere else.

Offline githma

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-03-2011, 17:03:57 »
Ok, I'm right clicking on FH2 Desktop shortcut then opening properties. This is what i see:

Target box:     "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\battlefield 2\FH2.exe".    
 Start in box:   "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\battlefield 2"
short cut key:     "  none  "

« Last Edit: 28-03-2011, 21:03:11 by githma »

Offline NL|Abaddon|NL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29-03-2011, 09:03:24 »
Those shortcuts seem correct, but I don't know for sure as I'm not familiar with setting up the Steam version.

To get rid of the B&W ironsights you could try do a cleansweep of your BF2/FH2 shader caches. Go to /my documents/battlefield 2/cache and /my documents/battlefield 2/mods/bf2/cache and /my documents/battlefield 2/mods/fh2/cache and delete all in those folders all existing, wierd named folders - they are named Aee112sd3d.... or something along these lines. 

Afterwards start up a game of FH2 and the game will generate a new set of shaders, which my take awhile. If everything goes as planned this will fix those annoying B&W ironsights. If not have a look at problem 2 here:

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21.0

Offline S1lv3rWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29-03-2011, 12:03:19 »
Those shortcuts seem correct, but I don't know for sure as I'm not familiar with setting up the Steam version.

the Black and White ironsights are caused by starting up Forgotten Hope 2 with the regular Battlefield 2 shaders and as a "mod", the FH2.exe does not work not because the shortcuts are wrong, but because the Steam BF2 exe prevents the FH2 exe from doing its proper work, lately I've been using an AutoHotkey workaround that makes the shader switching automatic.

But anyway, githma, the thread linked above by N24Reporter should help you in getting the shaders set up correctly for FH2.

Also, do what Abaddon said above, make a cleansweep of the shader caches to avoid further problems (such as weird-looking camo nets), and hopefully everything should be fine.

Offline githma

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29-03-2011, 15:03:43 »
Thanks for replying guys, i actually allready got it fixed and been to busy playing to come back and post.  I must not have swapped the shaders properly cause i went back to defaults and tried it again and now everything is working fine.  And no im not supposed to be using the desktop icon for FH2 to launch game im supposed to do what it says in forum directions for steam and launch BF2 through steam then activate through community custom games.  Thanks again guys i really appreciate you trying to help.   

P.S. everything wolf said is 100% correct.
« Last Edit: 29-03-2011, 23:03:49 by githma »