Author Topic: Can editing animation files make an MG damage a large ship?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Professor_Smith

• View Profile
Hello,
     I am in the animation editing stage of my mod project, and I recently renamed a bunch of hand weapons, then did the necessary changes in the Animations.rfa to make their animations work correctly.  Well, I decided to try going a little further, and editing almost every animation.con file (such as AnimationStatesShoot.con, AnimationStatesShootMod.con, etc., etc.), so that everything within those files matched the newly renamed weaponry and new animation names.  Well, everything seemed to be alright (with a few minor speed adjustments I had to make), but when I was fooling around, firing the browning machine gun, I hit the Wooden deck of the Prince of Wales Battleship, and sunk it!  I tried it again, and it sunk it again, almost right away!  I then tried it on the carrier deck (which is also wooden), and it did the same thing, but then I tried shooting the metal parts of the ships, and no damage whatsoever.  Can anyone tell me what I might have done?  Could editing the animations made the wooden parts of ships incredibly more vulnerable to the Browning's bullets?

I already checked the game.rfa file to make sure I hadn't touched the damage files & just forgotten or something, and I hadn't.  According to the damage files within the game.rfa, a browning mg should not be able to do any damage to a ship of that size.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Professor Smith
Lets make war games, not war.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Can editing animation files make an MG damage a large ship?
« Reply #1 on: 15-04-2010, 08:04:26 »
just like this thread
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=5466.0

and this:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=5588.0

you're probably not going to get any answers... reasons are partly, no one mods bf42 anymore, and partly, we all know you're building a mod that we dont like to help out with, seeing as it is a copy-paste mix of all mods, including FH1.
 :-\

Offline Professor_Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-04-2010, 22:04:10 »
I'm not going to bother losing my temper on a piece of @!*% like yourself Natty, who judges other's mods before even playing the mod, most likely some inferiority complex developed from my creativity as a modder that far exceeds your own.

As for others, they seem to be pretty forward and helpful (those that do respond), and I'm sure if they weren't interested, they would tell me themselves.  I do not believe they require you speaking for them.

Thank You,

Professor Smith

Offline Professor_Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-04-2010, 22:04:08 »
we all know you're building a mod that we dont like to help out with, seeing as it is a copy-paste mix of all mods, including FH1.
 :-\

Well, for those that aren't interested in helping, then those specific people won't get any compensation when my mini mod starts bringing in the right attention.  I'm an ambitious man, not just some guy that wanted to make a mod.

Professor Smith

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-04-2010, 23:04:26 »
I'm not going to bother losing my temper on a piece of @!*% like yourself Natty, who judges other's mods before even playing the mod, most likely some inferiority complex developed from my creativity as a modder that far exceeds your own.

Careful with your words...
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Killi Vanilli

« Reply #5 on: 19-04-2010, 23:04:24 »

Well now... that was a mistake.

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-04-2010, 00:04:36 »

Ha good luck gaining any respect around here now that you've inappropriately spoke against a highly respected Fh2 dev.  >.>

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-04-2010, 00:04:20 »
im not offended... it's just this mod that's been talked about forever and ever... a hotch-potch of all mods, no wonder files are incompatible with eachother.. or that none of the devs of the original mods wants to help, or even care about bf42 any longer. It's 2010 :-\

Offline Professor_Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-04-2010, 04:04:10 »
If you were any kind of real modder or developer, you'd take on the challenge of answering my questions and help to make this the best minimod ever created.

Professor Smith

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-04-2010, 04:04:57 »
I demand you cease these insults, sir!

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #10 on: 20-04-2010, 04:04:26 »
  I demand you keep being an asshole so as to amuse me before the ban hammer drops. 
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-04-2010, 05:04:55 »
I demand you cease these insults, sir!

Warrior shut the fuck up before they erase you forever.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20-04-2010, 06:04:30 »
He's only getting frustrated because no one is really helping him with his problem. I really don't see why it would be so wrong to help him, and if I could, I would. Perhaps 1942 is just a test for himself, I have no idea, but I could imagine it being a bit frustrating coming on here for answers and not getting anything really. I don't see what's such a grand problem with him experimenting   in 1942 by making a minimod. That's just me, and it's not my decision to make. Though I think this could have been handled better on both sides.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20-04-2010, 08:04:55 »
Desertfox... this is an old story... going back a few years. this mod pops out from a dark corner like the boogeyman, demanding rights to use models and textures for some uber-mod containing stuff from all bf42 mods... incl FH, Bg42, WhoDaresWins, EoD, DC, DCX, XWWII etc etc... I wouldnt be surprised if a few X-wings or Laserpistols are thrown in to the salad as well.

It's not that no one wants to "help" it's just too much work for nothing, digging up old bf42 files to look for problems that have occured from modding in a way you shouldn't be modding in the first place. :-\

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20-04-2010, 12:04:50 »
As Natty said, basicly no one around here knows bf1942 modding anymore and that especially applies to coding. Most of the current FH2 devs have never modded bf1942. Next insults against a moderator or dev is an instant ban.

Thread locked