Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 1: Last Breath of an Empire  (Read 6566 times)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
Forgotten Hope 1: Last Breath of an Empire
« on: 25-09-2014, 16:09:46 »

The registration for the "Last Breath of an Empire" has now opened and we welcome everyone to participate in this great Battlefield experience, that is absolutely free.

The War in Burma, Singapore, Malaya and the Dutch East Indies has only been presented once and our developers have worked hard to prepare this epic campaign which will give you a unique experience in a new and exciting environment. Everything is historically accurate with pinpoint precision.

The equipment used in the battles progress as the campaign goes on, so the farther you go the more explosive and deadly the combat will become!
As the months go by you will be drawn deeper and deeper into the campaign and with our new and improved scoring system, ultimately one army will be victorious.

In this FH1 Pacific Campaign you will experience:

Forgotten Hope 1 at its best!
Fighting on a full 100 player server
New, innovated gameplay with our well acclaimed FHT Mod!
8 intense battles on the Indo-China-Front, every Saturday at 18:00 UTC.
2 sides led by best with teamwork oriented armies employing strategies and co-operation with promotions and rewards for your achievements.
New friendships with likeminded people from all over the world
It is free and everybody is welcome!

So either choose to fight for the British Commonwealth or the Japanese Empire, alongside your mates against the opponent!

On behalf of the whole F|H nerve center we wish you all an unforgettable campaign.

About Forgotten Honor
Forgotten Honor is an international gaming community that has a great amount of experience in arranging online events for games. Founded in 2004 by several players who wanted to organize ''teamwork'' emphasized battles for video games, Forgotten Honor has been growing until becoming one of the leaders in online events market. Nowadays hosts several tournaments and campaigns for different games, organizes multiple events, has its own modding development unit and is supported by an active community.

Forgotten Honor - Teamspeak 3: ts.forgottenhonor.com
www.forgottenhonor.com
« Last Edit: 01-10-2014, 12:10:14 by RAnDOOm »

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 1: Last Breath of an Empire
« Reply #1 on: 25-09-2014, 16:09:06 »

JOIN JAPAN FOR VICTORY!

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-09-2014, 20:09:26 »
Added a trailer in the first post.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-09-2014, 22:09:39 »
So the LAST BREATH OF AN EMPIRE means FOrgotten Hope 1 is at end forgotten???? :'(
The time betrayed FH1.And FHSW.And BF1942.And BF2.And **2 maybe a little......
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-09-2014, 10:09:22 »
So the LAST BREATH OF AN EMPIRE means FOrgotten Hope 1 is at end forgotten???? :'(
The time betrayed FH1.And FHSW.And BF1942.And BF2.And **2 maybe a little......

No.

"Last Breath of an Empire" is just the name of the Campaign we are organizing.

FH1 will continue to be played until the end of times.   ;)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-09-2014, 11:09:57 »
Ok
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-09-2014, 19:09:47 »
when is de deadline for signing up?
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29-09-2014, 21:09:44 »
when is de deadline for signing up?

There is no deadline.

You can signup whenever you want.   ;)

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-09-2014, 12:09:50 »
alright,  do I need that graphic mod, or is the basic FH1 + extra maps enough? And can I also just join the game when i feel like doing it ? The thing is, at the moment, I still have quite some time, but soon I'll have to start writing papers, and I don't know how much time I'll have then, so I'm not that eager to do long term commitments for every saturday. (I wouldn't mind if i get tossed between the 2 teams then to balance out the numbers from week to week)

PS: sorry if all of this is on the forum website that is linked, but I can't see it since I don't have an account yet over there, and if I wouldn't be able to meet the prerequisites to play, then i also won't make an account there
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-09-2014, 13:09:53 »
When you register you will be able to see the links of the maps and the minimod.

You can play whenever you want, how many hours/minutes you want.

There is nothing mandatory about it. Just post in your company introduction thread and show up whenever you can.  And offcourse have fun playing the old ( but still awesome ) lady - FH1

;)

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01-10-2014, 04:10:55 »
Damn,I lost the FHSW campaign. It must have been so epic. Will try to join on this one,for the good ol' times.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01-10-2014, 11:10:47 »
Damn,I lost the FHSW campaign. It must have been so epic. Will try to join on this one,for the good ol' times.

Its gonna be fun! Join up!   ;)

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01-10-2014, 12:10:58 »

Play a Forgotten Hope1 campaign on 10 intense battles on the Indo-China-Front

This battle will be played Saturday 4th of October at 18hUTC on Forgotten Honor Tournament

Battle of Bukit Timah

Battle of Bukit Timah, Singapore, 11 February, 1942.

On 11 February, the Japanese reached the Bukit Timah area. It was an important place as the British had stocked up food and ammunition as well as vehicle and machine parts there. The north-eastern slope of the hill faced a reservoir, which was vital source of water supply. It was here that the fiercest fighting took place. Armed only with swords, grenades, rifles and guns that they used for hunting birds and animals, the Chinese Volunteers fought bravely, side by side with the Allied soldiers. Many on both sides were killed. The Japanese later took revenge on the Chinese by killing all the Chinese men, women and children found in the village.

The Battle of Bukit Timah was a momentous battle fought during World War II on 11 February 1942 in Singapore between the Allied forces and the Japanese forces. The battle was one of the bloodiest during the Japanese conquest, with staggering casualties suffered on both the defending locals who fought with the Allied forces, and the invading Japanese forces.Bukit Timah was a strategic location where the British had stockpiled ammunition and armoured and transportation vehicles. The hill also faces a body of important resource - a reservoir.The battle led to the fall of Nee Soon, further paralysing the logistic ability of the defending forces. After the fall of Singapore, Japanese troops took revenge by mass-killing Chinese men during the Sook Ching operation. Like most historic battle sites, the exact location of the Battle of Bukit Timah is subject to severe stereotyping, categorised by many locals as a site of much paranormal activity.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04-10-2014, 10:10:52 »
LOL Bukit Timah. My father school is somewhere near there. And the massacred Chinese still haunts the area at night. And Singaporeans are pretty superstitious.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-10-2014, 12:10:59 »

Play a Forgotten Hope1 campaign on 10 intense battles on the Indo-China-Front

This battle will be played Saturday 11th of October at 19hUTC on Forgotten Honor Tournament

The Bridge on the River Kwai

Begun in October 1942, using prisoner of war (POW) labour, it was completed and operational by early February 1943.
Both the wooden and the adjacent steel bridge were subjected to numerous air raids between January and June 1945. POW labour was used to repair the wooden bridge on each occasion. Tamarkan is fifty five kilometres north of Nong Pladuk (also known as Non Pladuk), or five kilometres north of Kanchanaburi.

Photographed by the War Graves Commission survey party whose task was to located POW cemeteries and grave sites along the Burma-Thailand railway. They also took the opportunity to recover equipment and documents, which had been secretly buried, under instructions from senior POW officers, in the graves of deceased POWS.

The photograph shows the two bridges built by the Japanese, using prisoner of war (POW) labour, which spanned the Mae Klong river (renamed Kwa Yai river in 1960). The wooden trestle bridge was completed in February 1943, and the steel bridge in April 1943.

This eleven span bridge had been dismantled by the Japanese and brought to Tamarkan from Java in 1942. Both bridges wee subjected to numerous attacks by Allied aircraft during the period December 1944 to June 1945. One span of the steel bridge was destroyed in a raid mid February 1945. Two more spans were dropped during raids between April and June 1945.

Tamarkan POW camp was located adjacent to both the bridges and a nearby Japanese anti-aircraft battery. It also suffered during these air raids, the worst being on 29 November 1944. During this attack on the Ack Ack battery, three bombs overcarried and demolished the top ends of POW huts 1 and 2, burying a number of the occupants.

The POW casualties numbered nineteen killed and sixty eight wounded. During a four hour attack on the bridges and Ack Ack battery on 5 February 1945, a further fifteen POWs were injured. The camp site was littered with great fragments of shrapnel, and one hut and the canteen were burnt to the ground. On 14 February 1945, the Japanese evacuated the remaining POWs to the Chungkai camp which was located approximately two kilometres north on Kanchanaburi, on the bank of the River Kwai Noi.

« Last Edit: 07-10-2014, 12:10:55 by RAnDOOm »