Author Topic: Need unmodded FH2.26 Python script files (broken artillery spotting script)  (Read 940 times)

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
I somehow seem to have "broken" the artillery spotting camera in my FH2 install... instead of the overhead view of the target (or the gun, if no target available), it just displays a third-person view of the gun, even if there are spotted targets available.

Originally I thought this was due to my using custom SP-only artillery objects in the map, but I still get the same problem when replacing them with the standard artillery objects, and it even occurs when running FH2 without the AI minimod .zip files - so it's presumably caused by one of the modified Python scripts from the minimod, rather than by any modifications to the artillery object data. For some reason I neglected to backup the 2.26 Python directory (despite backing up everything else) so can't restore the original files.

I really need to get this issue sorted out before I release the next AI minimod beta version (it's not a critical, game-stopping bug, but still annoying for anyone who actually wants to use the spotting system) - so any chance someone could post the Python directory from an unmodified FH2.26 install here? It's about 110kb zipped so probably small enough to attach to a post.

A complete reinstall of FH2 is the only other option, which I don't really want to do as it'll also involve re-installing all of my modded map data.

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
try this..

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
Thanks! I've fixed the problem now (turned out to be a typo in "vehiclemetadata.py" which contains the artillery data)

I've managed to get the custom SP artillery working correctly now (with spotting camera) so these will be in the next minimod version.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
swee-et.. I can barely wait for that

I've gotten Clivewil to take a look at the mod, Drawde, to see if he can compare the rockets in FH2 aircrafts with his in AIX (Which does fire rockets, aparently). Also, I have hope he might be able to help with aircrafts in general since AIX has the best aircraft handling of all BF2 mods, with Clivewil himself being behind most of those...

Will get back to on the rockets if I hear anything from him.
« Last Edit: 04-07-2010, 15:07:41 by djinn »