Author Topic: Removing the hit-indicator and kill messages for infantry  (Read 15913 times)

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
Re: Removing the hit-indicator and kill messages for infantry
« Reply #60 on: 26-09-2010, 18:09:24 »
Gotta agree that kill messages must stay there, without them we all would be just unkown soldiers whom no one knows and all our epic kills would vanish without no one else knowing them except yourself
CMP Gaming

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26-09-2010, 18:09:17 »
I once suggested this kind of a deal:

- xxx [weapon] yyy kill messages at upper left corner of the screen would be removed.
- xxx [teamkilled with zzz] yyy kill messages at upper left corner of the screen would stay.
- You killed xxx / you were killed by yyy -message at lower part of the left side would stay.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 26-09-2010, 18:09:10 »

- xxx [weapon] yyy kill messages at upper left corner of the screen would be removed.
- xxx [teamkilled with zzz] yyy kill messages at upper left corner of the screen would stay.
- You killed xxx / you were killed by yyy -message at lower part of the left side would stay.

I second this :)

Offline [A9]Bard

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 26-09-2010, 18:09:24 »

I second this :)

me 3.. as it is or this the quote
I afraid it would be teamkillers delight and campers deluxe with other setup.

Thank you FH-Team! This mod/game rocks!

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26-09-2010, 19:09:06 »

Seems like the most balanced suggestion.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 26-09-2010, 20:09:03 »
Its like appeasement.

And its 'balanced' according to? You still get an alert to go revenge and know if the non-hit detected kill was succesful. So again, balanced how?

Offline Ahonen

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 26-09-2010, 20:09:12 »
Its like appeasement.

And its 'balanced' according to? You still get an alert to go revenge and know if the non-hit detected kill was succesful. So again, balanced how?

Balanced as in, everyone should be happy.
I really wanted all kill messages to disappear, but pretty much everyone is against this.
At least they won't know what killed them if the top-left messages are gone.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 26-09-2010, 20:09:54 »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Just because you complain doesn't mean that the whole system should be turned upside down on a whim.  In the end, its up to the devs, and they have given their answer already.

Offline Ahonen

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 26-09-2010, 22:09:40 »
Just because you complain doesn't mean that the whole system should be turned upside down on a whim.

Who said that?
I certainly never did.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 26-09-2010, 22:09:42 »
Can we focus on the idea, not the guy. Thats a fallacious way to argue.

But here's what I can agree with. Its not a fix as much as it is a different approach.

And your argument for dont exactly blo
the counter-arguments out of the water.

Like i said. Mainstream servers like HSLAN should try it 2 days a week, then we see how it goes.

But I wouldnt want it to totally replace. Just give variety

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 26-09-2010, 22:09:35 »
im for the removal of both.. i like it.. pr vs fh bah humbug.. i like certain things about boths mods.. and dislike things about both mods so .. theres my voice..
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 27-09-2010, 00:09:36 »
@ both subjects of OP

No, just no.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 27-09-2010, 01:09:23 »
it is useless as you could look at the kill count anyway. this is not going to make the game more realistic or what.

Offline Guderian

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 27-09-2010, 04:09:59 »

I like your suggestion Thor because I've always found the continuous scrolling kill messages a distraction and rather annoying.

Offline blue

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 27-09-2010, 05:09:02 »
I am a 100% with Natty. If you change this, you will chase a number of people away, myself for one. Right now there is an immersion mode, that is a fine compromise. It takes a lot of hubris to think that everyone should have to conform to what you think is a better way to play. Show us a poll where a clear majority want something like this and you would at least have a leg to stand on.

It puzzles me when people want to change pivotal elements of gameplay this late into the mod. I know we would all like to shape things to our own likings, but at this point most of us are happy with the established system.