Author Topic: BF1943  (Read 16594 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: BF1943
« Reply #60 on: 05-04-2009, 00:04:43 »
A question to all.

Doest Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield 1943 deserves the Title "Battlefield". Good old battlefield are DEAD the last good Battlefield, Imo, was BF2142.. the only Vanilla BF i like so much. God!

Battlefield 2.. jesus man.. Whitout PR, FH2 and EOD.. BF2 will be SHIT, Vietnam was good but i dint liked it that much.. best one was BF1942.. now i clearly see that the Next BF4 will be an absurd "re-make for the lulz" of BF Vietnam.

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 05-04-2009, 01:04:13 »
Wel... BF1943 does fit some of the requirements I recognise in Battlefield games.

1. Large scale battle with very much freedom to walk where you want.

2. Simple weapons loadout. None of the battlefield series has a true depiction of the weapons that were really used by each respective class, let alone nations.

3. Fighting in all areas. Land, sea and air.

4. some bit of non realist stuff to complement flaws in gameplay.

5. completely moddable exterior, partially moddable interior.

So yes, BF1942 is almost a true Battlefield game by my book.
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 05-04-2009, 02:04:10 »
Wel... BF1943 does fit some of the requirements I recognise in Battlefield games.

1. Large scale battle with very much freedom to walk where you want. Debateable given the uber-pushmode they've discussed, but still fundamentally there I suppose

2. Simple weapons loadout. None of the battlefield series has a true depiction of the weapons that were really used by each respective class, let alone nations. True. Just ask the Japanese sniper...

3. Fighting in all areas. Land, sea and air. Unless you count static carriers and drivable LCVPs, there is no naval combat in the game.

4. some bit of non realist stuff to complement flaws in gameplay. Yep.

5. completely moddable exterior, partially moddable interior. There will be no mod support whatsoever, and unofficial modding will render the game unplayable.

So yes, BF1942 is almost a true Battlefield game by my book.

My objections to your argument are in bold.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 05-04-2009, 02:04:41 »
Almost is the key word.

Yep, I was talking about the LCVP's
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder