Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29375 times)

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #90 on: 06-08-2013, 18:08:44 »
Overall I thought 2.45 was more good than bad(except of course for my irreconcilable bug up my butt about the loss of original giarabub 16). Of course I don't tank much in game and that seems to be a lot of people's big beef with 2.45. The new maps were nice(really like St. Vith and Sidi Bou Zid). One thing I do hope is that jeeps/willy's/kubelagons get fixed for 2.5. They ride like you're driving on an iceskating rink now...they go all over the place.
« Last Edit: 06-08-2013, 18:08:44 by Professor Anthrax »

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 06-08-2013, 19:08:16 »
Shut up you ungrateful piece of shit.

Cool. It's funny that when you criticize here something, you usually are attacked by dev's ass-licking fanboys (usually Betatesters and Moderators) with response like above... ^^

Pity that theres no contact with developers on this forum. I haven't seen any explanations from dev side why the last release is so buggged and when it will be fixed...  ::)

You should consider yourself lucky that people work on this mod because they love the game. If it were only to please people with such a rude attitude, they would have given up a long time ago.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 06-08-2013, 19:08:10 »
Dear Slayer,
Yeah, yeah, I love you too  :-*

the spelling of humo(u)r is subject to BE or AE.
That wasn't my point at all, my point was that I simply couldn't laugh because of this what you call humour.

This shows once more that you don't understand what I write and vice versa, we have been through this before.

If you wish to be that exact. You will note that the core of my post went unaltered, I merely removed some of the sharpness and irony that you seem to find so hard to deal with.
Any editing, however small, will make the conversation unclear. And you also added something, so don't try to be the saint of saints now.

It is your choice, how much of a personal feud you intend to make this. Do not try to insinuate that I would change the main content of my posts - for I did not.
I'm not out for a personal feud, so please don't blame me for insinuating and then do it yourself.

What I would like to see, is that people read carefully, then think and then post their opinion, if possible in a nice and eloquent way. Then, if they don't see a follow up they like, they should refrain from repeating themselves over and over again, because that is annoying. And you can help me with that, I'm sure :)

Would it be not possible to incorporate player's ideas into the modding process some more?
IMO that's possible, but since the mod is made by the devs, it is up to them. And about the silence: I like to hear something too, but the timing of this thread is rather poor in that aspect, as many people are away for holidays. Like Lightning said, I guess we'll hear something when summer is over.

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 06-08-2013, 19:08:02 »
they would have given up a long time ago.

TBH, I would have preferred it if they'd stopped at 2.40, sometimes you just need to know when to step back, leave things as they are and stop.

2.40 would have been a fitting end to FH2...as it is, they gummed up the works with unnecessary tinkering.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 06-08-2013, 19:08:52 »
I think the problem here is that some people think there is a "fix bugs" button somewhere that we refuse to press. It's not that simple.

For example, the angle mod. Prior to introducing this feature, heavy tanks were useless, because you could simply aim for their exposed weak top and kill them in one shot. The angle mod fixed this perfectly. However, this does mean that if you aim at the centre of an enemy tank and you hit the top of the hull in front of the turret at a low angle, you will do no damage, even though you were aiming straight at the tank. This is an unavoidable side-effect of the angle mod and while unfortunate it is not as bad as it was prior to introducing the angle mod. So this is a concious decision we made. "angle mod bugs and random penetration" is not a bug that is fixable. It might be possible to reduce such occurrences by redoing all collision meshes with the angle mod in mind, but this is hundreds of hours of work and no one is willing to do that.

The same goes for the turret rotation. Prior to introducing the rotational speed limit in 2.45, players could set their mouse sensitivity really high and move the turret of heavy tanks around in seconds, while really it should take minutes. To prevent this exploit, we added the rotational speed limit, but as an unavoidable side-effect it makes the turret slide on if you move it around too fast. This is not something we can fix without disabling the limit altogether and we made the concious decision that the mod is better with the limit.

You might not agree with these decisions, but to me, that is irrelevant. And I have to say this is my personal opinion that I'm sure many other developers don't share. But I don't think about what you might like when working on Forgotten Hope, I think about what I would like. And not all developers agree with each other on everything, in fact, it might be more accurate to say that there isn't a single thing in this universe that all developers would agree upon. So each development change is the result of hours worth of discussions, concessions and compromising. If people who don't even contribute to the development would have a say in things as well, I would not want to be the person in charge of that chaos.

And finally, there is no need to complain about your problems in every single post you make. Yes, we read the forum, yes we know. This constant whining is just very demotivating, especially if you're dumb enough to take the time to reply to it.
« Last Edit: 06-08-2013, 19:08:01 by Lightning »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 06-08-2013, 19:08:37 »
TBH, I would have preferred it if they'd stopped at 2.40, sometimes you just need to know when to step back, leave things as they are and stop.

2.40 would have been a fitting end to FH2...as it is, they gummed up the works with unnecessary tinkering.

Well the thing is, back then it still looked like the mod had an on-going future ahead of it, thus development and plans were carried out as normal. However, things changed.

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 06-08-2013, 19:08:51 »
Well instead of posting about how the mod is dead or how the angle mod isnt working correctly, why not take time to learn how to mod and help out. Just about anything needed for modding this engine can be easily learned online for free. In my opinion, this is still by far the best, most in depth, world war II fps mod/game out there and on an outdated engine. Turn your negative energy into positive and help instead of complaining.
« Last Edit: 06-08-2013, 19:08:50 by 0utlaw »

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06-08-2013, 19:08:17 »
FH 2.45 is awesome. Just throwing that out there...

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 06-08-2013, 20:08:45 »
we made the concious decision that the mod is better with the limit.

..Err no, just no.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 06-08-2013, 20:08:58 »
You know what, devs? Don't fix anything!

Guys like Mudzin and Defibkiller don't deserve it! Let them rage about it around, then ban them and let them cry in the corner while the rest of us enjoy 2.45...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 06-08-2013, 20:08:53 »
Guys like Mudzin and Defibkiller don't deserve it! Let them rage about it around, then ban them and let them cry in the corner while the rest of us enjoy 2.45...

You can kiss their arse as much as you want, but they still won't take any more notice of you than they do of me.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 06-08-2013, 20:08:53 »
In my opinion FH2 is very much alive. Every evening we can find at least one full server.

And there is at least one active Tournament play every Friday night with 50x50 battles.

But please continue to amuse us with your silly posts.

« Last Edit: 06-08-2013, 20:08:54 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 06-08-2013, 21:08:18 »
If I were a dev, I wouldn't release content which is simply not working! It wasn't like that the dev released his work relating to angle mod 1 day before 2.45 update, without any testing, right?

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 06-08-2013, 22:08:23 »
If I were a dev, I wouldn't release content which is simply not working! It wasn't like that the dev released his work relating to angle mod 1 day before 2.45 update, without any testing, right?

Angle mod was tested for like 4 months in tanking maps, two times a week.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 06-08-2013, 23:08:08 »
So you decided to release not working version... Great...