Author Topic: Total War games  (Read 71531 times)

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
Re: Total War games
« Reply #30 on: 02-04-2009, 20:04:36 »
@Mr.Cheese, don't you think Napoleon expansion is super obvious?  ;)
Yes, that would be the obvious one. I'm just not entirely sure for some reason...

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #31 on: 02-04-2009, 21:04:07 »
I believe in them. They like money and Napoleon is a hot topic in the Total War community.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03-04-2009, 00:04:31 »
I love this game.  ;D. I really do, while I have not gotten to play it as much as others, my 20 hours of game-time have left me with little or no problems with the game. No CTDs, not many bugs, minor lag (nothing that isn't fixable), not to mention this Era, and especially this campaign is perfect!

The reason I love this game so much is not for the battles, but the diplomacy and the economics. Its much nicer to have countries who honor their treaties and openly agree to trade agreements. The bustling trade empire of England has never been so grand!

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03-04-2009, 12:04:58 »
Yes.  IN fact, for some nations, you start out with protectorates.  Hell, I even aided my Courland protectorate as Poland for them to expand into estonia.  They DO stay protectorates now.
Cool! Lack of protectorates/vassals have always been one of biggest oddities that have annoyed me in the previous Total Wars' diplomacy (or should I say lack of working diplomacy :P).

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03-04-2009, 12:04:34 »
The diplomacy in the previous games was easily fixed. CA just didn't make Core attitudes for each nation against all nations, so some nations didn't know what to think of others.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03-04-2009, 14:04:53 »
Playing as Britain is certainly fun. I made peace with all countries and I'm such an economic superpower that I make 40,000 coins each turn. Immense. Only downfall is that to keep it that high I can only have 1 full stacked army  :P Anyways, it'll be 20,000 soon haha.

France is defeated so now I got some land in Europe too. Cherokees got kicked in their arses so I also got the Thirteen Colonies now. Got the Inuits to be my protectorate, lmao. I felt sorry for them so I am now their big brother looking after them.

Meanwhile Portugal was also defeated and their region in India, Goa, is now a rebel province. I think I'll take this oppurtunity to get a colony in India without declaring war to my Indian allies the Maratha's and Mughals.

Also Spain keeps asking for the region France and as offer they give Panama, Sardinia, New Mexico, some technology and 750 gold. Well I try to lure them in to give me some secure regions like Lombardy, Sardinia and Gibraltar and then just attack all his European provinces. Though then Spain is still a colonial problem.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03-04-2009, 20:04:56 »
Yes.  IN fact, for some nations, you start out with protectorates.  Hell, I even aided my Courland protectorate as Poland for them to expand into estonia.  They DO stay protectorates now.
Cool! Lack of protectorates/vassals have always been one of biggest oddities that have annoyed me in the previous Total Wars' diplomacy (or should I say lack of working diplomacy :P).

Yep, the one thing I wish is that there was a way to peacefull annex them=/

Also, I was thinking the other day, and I had a great idea.

What if the border lines could move.  What if you marched in and took a town, the border of your state moved to surrond the town, and then if you made peace, it stayed a part of your nation?  It would make diplomacy a lot more fun, as you could just take certain producing areas, without having to deal with taking the entire state and deal with the civilian population, as well as being able to expand your state.  Then I was hit with something more.

Supplies.  Let's say your attacking a certain state, and you blitzed right through it with a single army, leaving a long, corridor from town to town.  Then, if the enemy snipped it off, your army was forced to live off the land, and could even be starved into surrendering if you didn't return to your nation, or open the supply line again?

I honestly think that would be REALLY damn cool...anyone with me?

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03-04-2009, 20:04:31 »
(everything he said)

I totally am.
I don't see the border thing happening :( but the supply status will surely come back with the first mods, as they were part of many mods for RTW and M2TW.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03-04-2009, 20:04:16 »
Yeah I also fantasized about that Mudra. Then you could really see a front moving.

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03-04-2009, 21:04:02 »
Yep, I think it would really add a new dimension to the game.  THen you couldn't just attack with a single army and expect to win.  Also, if attacked, you could go so far as to sweep through their country side, and not just destory their things for a single turn, but hold them and use their resources against them, without having to commit to conquering their province.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04-04-2009, 00:04:32 »
Would be nice.

Fuchs
Sorry about earlier;)
But it was fun, you have to admit!

We played a battle, I was sweden, Fuchs was united provinces.
I defended.
Rules: no artillery, but forced use of Puckle guns.

I defended.
Fuchs sent his artillery towards my flanks, I met him with my cavalry.
He did the mistake of sending his general with the cavalry, and facing my dragoons he soon died.
My cavalry was victorious.
Then his infantry closed in.
there too, I won thanks to cunning use of grenadiers and hiding units in forests. (plus defending gave me an advantage).
I stood victorious.

Fuchs claimed I was cheating by using cavalry against infantry (he claimed we had a rule that cavalry were not to be used against infantry, something I interpreted wrong), and I routed one of his units of milita (he claimed that to be the cause of his loss).
I say that valour and swedish might prevailed.

We'll have to do it again soon:) all of us
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04-04-2009, 03:04:44 »
I really need to play against you guys, I've never done total war MP o_O

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04-04-2009, 03:04:59 »
I only want this game because you can play as the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04-04-2009, 10:04:54 »
Haha it was fun Zweig. Though I knew the general would always be visible on the battlefield but I totally forgot about that. And somehow they don't charge when they are under fire, lack of common sence.
After the death of my general all troops ended up demoralized and when my Right Flanking Group routed it became even worse.
I blame the death of my general, the lack of fighting spirit in RFG and I myself being the attacker.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04-04-2009, 10:04:18 »
I blame you being the dutch;)
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso