Author Topic: Admin Commands - Question  (Read 415 times)

Offline pvtgmerpyleusmc

• View Profile
Admin Commands - Question
« on: 14-08-2021, 02:08:24 »
Earlier this evening when we were playing Mersa Matruh, a guy w/o a nick showed up and was using an aimbot. It was frustrating for all involved.  After being banned, he showed back up.

I was reviewing the commands here:  http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/View1045.html?view=GameInfo.Detail&id=77&game=3

In particular, I was looking at these commands:

admin.addAddressToBanList [IP address] [timeout] - Enter the IP number you want to ban.

admin.addKeyToBanList [CD key hash] [timeout] - Enter the CD key hash you want to ban.

I was told that they couldn't ban by IP address.  Can someone explain that one to me?  Just curious.  Based on the admin commands for BF2 it appears that one could do so.

Thanks.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Admin Commands - Question
« Reply #1 on: 14-08-2021, 03:08:19 »
Sorry, we're mostly on discord now. But we're definitely discussing this and ways to ban ppl more permanently. Got a few good guys working on it but we'll take any help we can get :)

Feel free to jump on discord anytime.

Offline pvtgmerpyleusmc

• View Profile
Re: Admin Commands - Question
« Reply #2 on: 14-08-2021, 16:08:34 »
Thanks Matt for the update.  Will do.  I believe that one of the devs  or beta testers sent me the Discord link.  I'll check my messages later.  I have a very busy Saturday ahead of me.  :-(