Author Topic: Battlefield 2 Halloween Pirates Event  (Read 1539 times)

Offline S_h_a_r_k_93

• View Profile
    • S_h_a_r_k_93's Contacts
Battlefield 2 Halloween Pirates Event
« on: 28-10-2020, 13:10:10 »
Hello folks, I am glad to invite you all to the upcoming yearly Halloween Event which will be held on October 31st starting 20:00 UTC (live countdown) on a modification of Battlefield 2 called "Pirates 2".

To join you will just have to install the mod which very straightforward, you can read more about it and download it from ModDB. I invite all of you from the FH2 Community because this special one-time modded event is going to be a blast. ;)

We will be playing different game modes during the night, namely the regular conquest assault mode but also capture the flag and zombie modes (more information on how to play these modes is available on the page linked above, please read it thoroughly to be prepared).

In the following list you can see some gameplay recorded this week, the mod's introduction machinima (very dope) as well as an instalation tutorial + gameplay:
Regards,
S_h_a_r_k_93

EDIT: oh I forgot to mention that the FH2 Zombie mini-mod is also on my radar, but I need a few tips to set the server up so maybe next time? Stay tuned and message me if you want to arrange some events together.
« Last Edit: 28-10-2020, 13:10:22 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »

Contact me on lost-soldiers.org, discord or by email.

Offline SgtAlex

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield 2 Halloween Pirates Event
« Reply #1 on: 28-10-2020, 15:10:49 »
Nice. Looking forward to it

Offline S_h_a_r_k_93

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-10-2020, 15:10:21 »
I hope to see some of you on the day of the event, tomorrow, starting 20:00 UTC :) this is the countdown short-link if you want to keep track of join time. Here are some screenshots captured during the last play-tests, I hope you will enjoy:

EDIT: How do you resize images, actually? It doesn't handle it automatically?
« Last Edit: 30-10-2020, 15:10:25 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »

Offline S_h_a_r_k_93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-11-2020, 00:11:16 »
Thank you all who attended the event yesterday, we've had a blast playing with you for 10 hours straight and enjoying some pirate talk over Discord voice chat, looking forward to meet each other on the high seas again.

For future reference I will be updating this thread with the various post-event videos that will be released by the content creators who attended, as well as showing some of the best clips from the several streams (list below, some may still be found in highlights in the future).
- twitch.tv/anepaa
- twitch.tv/bremaine
- twitch.tv/emile44
- twitch.tv/geekbeacon
- twitch.tv/gravityxiii
- twitch.tv/imperial_toaster
- twitch.tv/mrmilkins
- twitch.tv/seekaplayer
- twitch.tv/shvanni

For starters, early clips and snippets from the event:
- it's a dolphin's life by OpoIE: streamable.com
- Hmm yes 'Swim' by Imperial_Toaster: clips.twitch.tv
- Parrot power by Shvanni: clips.twitch.tvclips.twitch.tv
- Shark flying to the moon by mrmilkins: clips.twitch.tv
- Hijacking a boat by mrmilkins: clips.twitch.tv
- Cliffjumping by GalacticPegasusBF2: youtu.be/EfQrgeqd8O0

Regards,
S_h_a_r_k_93
« Last Edit: 07-11-2020, 14:11:45 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »

Offline S_h_a_r_k_93

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-11-2020, 22:11:55 »
Okay I'm almost done going through the insane amount of streams that were casted for this event, I have almost 1GB of clips downloaded on my hard drive and I want you to know I will be sharing each and every one of them with y'all ;D

But let's start with the first 4K 60 FPS montage that was released by GravityBFTV, an american friend of ours who is always eager to support and tape our events, casting them as well (he was the main commentator of the previous modded event on the Battleracer car racing mod):

https://youtu.be/fkp0iIscObU

With his video I will also attach the best clips from his stream, selected by yours truly:

 - Turn right. Hard right hard right, FIIIRE!!! [clips.twitch.tv]
 - Battlefield 2 Pirates naval battles, this mod is awesome! [clips.twitch.tv]
 - Gravity rekking the sh*t out of us on the beach, with a frigging boat [clips.twitch.tv]
 - OpolE throwing a one-man comedy show from the British yard [clips.twitch.tv]
 - Blasting ANEPAnton across the river with a field cannon [clips.twitch.tv]
 - And in that moment, he knew, he f*cked up (stun grenade) [clips.twitch.tv]

I've also clipped something from Seekaplayer's stream: overall he had fun but the inaccurate guns and the mod itself were pretty unforgiving towards him, though moments like this is what made it special; I thank him very much for streaming the first part of this absolute marathon!

 - Careful, enemy vessels can come right out of nowhere, better be prepared! [clips.twitch.tv]
« Last Edit: 08-11-2020, 22:11:30 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »

Offline S_h_a_r_k_93

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-02-2021, 23:02:27 »
Hello Forgotten Hope forumers,

this to let you know we'll replay this pirate-themed BF2 mod this Saturday 6th starting 19:30 CET.
If you don't have the base game you can send me a line and I'll be happy to help you install it.

The modification is also very easy to download and install from ModDB.
Thank you and have fun on the high seas, YAARRR

S_h_a_r_k_93

Offline S_h_a_r_k_93

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-02-2021, 03:02:09 »
First video by Prospekt Mir, his footage is so much high detail that I'm so jealous of the guy's rig; when you read drop a comment under his video if you haven't done so already, content creators appreiate it.

https://youtu.be/bkeQDwWQhy4

My personal highlights from the video above:
  • [11:25] "Powderkeg quad kill squad-wipe, plus a very surprised shark
  • [27:40] They say sharks don't swim upstream, and they don't check the game either
  • [31:30] If you're not in the puppyshark cult after this one you are relieved from duty
  • [33:35] "[Powderkeg] rolling down the street, like a turd, in the wind" - cit. Venom