Author Topic: [Maps]-Mersa Matruh flag bug  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
[Maps]-Mersa Matruh flag bug
« on: 04-07-2009, 16:07:54 »
The other day West Matruh flag on Mersa Matruh wouldn't switch over to the German team when it should have. The flag dropped, turned to German, and was raised to full height, but on the map and in the spawnscreen it stayed British. I was sitting and watching the whole thing from the 6-lber in the flag radius, as I was waiting for a Pz. III to turn the corner. Once the germans got kicked out again, which wasn't long since the British could still spawn on the flag, the flag got greyed and corrected itself.

Normally I wouldn't bother reporting this as it seems like it may just be a one time thing but I seem to remember it happening before.
« Last Edit: 27-07-2009, 15:07:59 by Admiral Donutz »

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Re: [Maps]-Mersa Matruh flag bug
« Reply #1 on: 04-07-2009, 17:07:40 »
If this is the bug I guess it is then this is known - and can happen to several (all?) flags on multiple maps.

Offline Wilhelm

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-07-2009, 19:07:33 »
This is known and may be a BF2 bug (don't quote me on that).  To fix that problem (using the scenario you described), the Germans would have to get out of the flagzone and let the flag return to British influence and then capture it once the flag reset itself.

It is a completely random bug which I don't believe can be fixed.

*EDIT*  What Schneider said is correct.

« Last Edit: 04-07-2009, 19:07:12 by Wilhelm »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #3 on: 04-07-2009, 21:07:35 »
It happens alot to Deir el Dhib on El Alamein, first flag if you leave German main.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-07-2009, 17:07:08 »
didnt really wanted to make a new topic so since this is about matruh.

Today when i just joined hslan server with like 48 people in it, the very first 3 seconds when i was selecting a squad i could see enemy icons close to all british flags so i figured those where enemy. I also saw 3 moving tanks leaving from the flag farthest from matruh city..  i didnt just switch sides or anything, i just joined the server and selected a squad.

After 3 seconds all markers were gone and i started playing
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-07-2009, 18:07:46 »

Today when i just joined hslan server with like 48 people in it, the very first 3 seconds when i was selecting a squad i could see enemy icons close to all british flags so i figured those where enemy. I also saw 3 moving tanks leaving from the flag farthest from matruh city..  i didnt just switch sides or anything, i just joined the server and selected a squad.

Are you sure it wasn't just a few scouts who happened to spot enemy units at the same time?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-07-2009, 20:07:48 »
No, that happens sometimes: I join a server and hear british voices, see their icons on the map, but then the server changes me to the German team instantly.

Offline Die Happy

• Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-07-2009, 10:07:43 »
the flag  bug described the the OP is a totally random BF2 bug, its been known for ages and hasnt been fixed by dice (yet).
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-07-2009, 13:07:03 »

Today when i just joined hslan server with like 48 people in it, the very first 3 seconds when i was selecting a squad i could see enemy icons close to all british flags so i figured those where enemy. I also saw 3 moving tanks leaving from the flag farthest from matruh city..  i didnt just switch sides or anything, i just joined the server and selected a squad.

Are you sure it wasn't just a few scouts who happened to spot enemy units at the same time?

Yes im 100% positive it wernt just spotted brits

No, that happens sometimes: I join a server and hear british voices, see their icons on the map, but then the server changes me to the German team instantly.

I'm also 100% sure i was only in 1 team, im familiarised with battlefield since 1942, vietnam, bf2, bf2142 so i know the drill, and this was something else.
If u join a server, and for example fastly get switched from germ to brits you sometimes indeed see the germans on your map as brit, but however, in this case i didnt get switched i just remained in my team i was assigned too when i joined, and i saw all enemys on map. I still think this is a pretty serious bug since if i was a little better teamplayer i could have said 2 of 4 english flags were under attack by 1 tank and a few infratrist, and 3 tanks were leaving Hq
« Last Edit: 28-07-2009, 13:07:51 by Smiles »
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold