Author Topic: One Ingamemap for each team, possible?  (Read 717 times)

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
One Ingamemap for each team, possible?
« on: 07-08-2012, 12:08:51 »
Well, as the subject says pretty much =)

The reason is, that for exemple i have MG positions, which i would like to point out for one team, or sewers which i would like to make a map for also for only one team.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
Re: One Ingamemap for each team, possible?
« Reply #1 on: 07-08-2012, 12:08:46 »
If you make emplacements teamlocked, they will only show up for one faction as a blue Icon. As MG-emplacements are basicly vehicles, that should be easily possible.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-08-2012, 12:08:12 »
Yes, that is indeed a back up plan i had, but other things, like secret passages (only for one team) would be hard to do that way :/

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-08-2012, 13:08:35 »
Secret passages? That will only work for the first time someone plays the map on that side, once he plays on both sides, they won't be secret and he will be using them secret or not..

But it would be great to have things belonging to the other team invisible without them being locked for the first team. Impossible though :(

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-08-2012, 18:08:45 »
Secret passages? That will only work for the first time someone plays the map on that side, once he plays on both sides, they won't be secret and he will be using them secret or not..

But it would be great to have things belonging to the other team invisible without them being locked for the first team. Impossible though :(

Not if its one way route ;) Well, good to know i guess, gonna try to work it out someway =)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-08-2012, 18:08:45 »
Not if its one way route ;) Well, good to know i guess, gonna try to work it out someway =)
actually, what McCloskey said is 100% right, wake up dude.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-08-2012, 18:08:14 »
Wake up yourself  ::)

If simple things are impossible for you then dont try them, its as simple as that  ;)

Its too bad that two ingame maps are not possible, but there is always way around, the objects that appear on the map have their icons somewhere, same with circles around the flags, if you want to stay in your little world of "impossible" then do so, but dont point fingers at other who know that word "impossible" is no more then a bad excuse.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-08-2012, 18:08:38 »
Why are us "Poles" so snappy today?  :P
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #8 on: 08-08-2012, 01:08:43 »
Dudes if its made so that theres a drop in one end so that its impossible to jump in the way.

Also if you know how you could make invisible playable object that would be teamlocked and given some proper minimap icon and tadaa you have "different" minimap for each team.
CMP Gaming

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-08-2012, 02:08:25 »
So many things are possible in this engine. You can make a team specific object which have a icon on the minimap for example, and make that teamspecific, some more work, but still possible.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-08-2012, 16:08:14 »
Yes, exacly, you can pretty much make something that would be considered in many other situations a "mod" by making a map (So much stuff you can do) =) I guess Jan just had a bad hair day.

Eitherway, thanks for suggestions everybody =)

On a bit diffrent topic (Maybe i dont need to make a new thread just for this), does anyone know which way to move spawn point dot on ingame minimap is the most efficent?

I mean, that dot is generated ingame inbetween of all spawn points connected to that dot, is there any way to manipulate its position without moving the acual spawn position?